Becoming Resistant To Thyroid T4/NDT Dosage?

Elize

Hi to all.

I take my thyroid meds at 5am and have breakfast around 7:30. I seem to have low cortisol and adrenaline by then. Would it be of help to rather take the thyroid meds straight after my breakfast or take it two hour after breakfast so that my body has fuel to work on. Much as I try I just do not manage to get my weight beyond the 101 pound mark. I take 75mcg of Tirosint - Sol and a small amount of ThyroGold as T3 alone I just do not tolerate at all. Sugar makes me sweat like mad and makes me more shaky. Thanks for any suggestions. My TSH is 2.1, Free T4 1.27 and my doc refuses to test free T3. Have TgAb antibodies of 300 and TPO of 15. All other labs in normal range.

sweetpeat

Hi to all.

I take my thyroid meds at 5am and have breakfast around 7:30. I seem to have low cortisol and adrenaline by then. Would it be of help to rather take the thyroid meds straight after my breakfast or take it two hour after breakfast so that my body has fuel to work on. Much as I try I just do not manage to get my weight beyond the 101 pound mark. I take 75mcg of Tirosint - Sol and a small amount of ThyroGold as T3 alone I just do not tolerate at all. Sugar makes me sweat like mad and makes me more shaky. Thanks for any suggestions. My TSH is 2.1, Free T4 1.27 and my doc refuses to test free T3. Have TgAb antibodies of 300 and TPO of 15. All other labs in normal range.
Hi Elize, I think you should absolutely experiment with the timing of your thyroid dose if what you're currently doing isn't giving you optimal results. It sounds like having more fuel would help, especially in the conversion of t4 to t3. Many people also find taking t4 with evening meal or bedtime to be helpful, as long as it's not interfering with sleep. A product with t3 might or might not interfere with sleep; I've heard reports and have also experienced first hand that it sometimes does/doesn't. So for instance, you might find the ThyroGold during the day and the Tirosint at a later time is a good combination.

If antibodies are elevated, are you making sure to get a source of selenium in your diet? Either through seafood or supplements. Selenium helps in the conversion of t4 to t3. When I first started taking it, it lowered my antibodies as well.

If you live in the US, you can order your own lab tests through sites like Order Any Lab Test or Blood Tests Online | Walk-In Lab (this is the one I use, but there are others). Unless you live in one of these states: NY, NJ, RI, MA, MD.

Elize

Thanks for the info. I live in Maryland. Will try after breakfast as tried bed time dosage before and kept me awake most of the night.

I appreciate your help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals