Synthetic T4/T3 vs. NDT

mgrabs

Which of these two would be the better option for treatment & dosage?

Would NDT be the best because it contains all the T’s & its more natural? (T1-t2-t3-t4)

Does the NDT digest better over the levo/liothyronine combo?

Or do I have it backwards?

I saw a reddit post saying:

“Some people also need a lower dosage, or at least to start on a lower dosage because of the higher-than-normal T3/T4 ratio (20/80 for NDT vs something like 3/97 produced by the human thyroid), plus T2 and T1 further stimulate T4-to-T3 conversion”

Last edited:

purple pill

From what i can gather its a lot of trial and error to find whats best for the individual, depends on where your getting supply from too. I tried ndt first, was supppsed to be 2.2 grains per capsule, took for a month done absolutely nothing for temps or pulse, switched to cynomel and cynoplus took about 5 weeks of regular use before i finally got increased temp and heartrate but that was only after a course of penicillin which i took after a tooth extraction. Dont need to take much to keep temps up now and sometimes go days without it (deep in winter here uk), when i run out ill probs switch to idealabs ndt to have on hand, like the fact its natural and what used to be in our diet when we were eating the whole amimal

Vileplume

The main benefit of synthetic T3 & T4 is that you can control the ratio. While many do fine with NDT, there are also a lot of people that don't improve on NDT and require a higher ratio in favor of T3. For example, the woman in this case study did not improve on NDT but did improve with T3 only: https://www.drlowe.com/thyroidscience/cases/lowe.9.6.10/lowe.t3.fms.9.6.10.pdf

Not to say that you need T3 only, but the main point is that people need to experiment to find the best ratio for them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals