Confusion about NDT and T4

Mr Joe

Broda Barnes cured several diseases by using "grains" so I suppose he was using NDT. I don't remember him focusing on T3 only. In the protocol to heal hypothyroidism, thyroid might be needed for years in some cases. My question is : How come Broda Barnes never really cared about rt3 ? Why some people can take NDT for several years without having rt3 high ? Does it mean that the better they get, the better T4 to T3 conversion will be ? Is elevated rt3 following starts of ndt supplement just a "temporary state", just the time needed to improve thyroid and thus get better liver and better conversion of t4 to t3 ? Really appreciate the return if someone could clarify !

mostlylurking

Broda Barnes cured several diseases by using "grains" so I suppose he was using NDT. I don't remember him focusing on T3 only.
Correct. Natural desiccated thyroid was the only thing available.
In the protocol to heal hypothyroidism, thyroid might be needed for years in some cases.
Yes.
My question is : How come Broda Barnes never really cared about rt3
Probably because he didn't know there was such a thing.
Why some people can take NDT for several years without having rt3 high ?
from here: Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.
"Stress, besides suppressing the TSH, acts in other ways to suppress the real thyroid function. Cortisol, for example, inhibits the conversion of T4 to T3, which is responsible for the respiratory production of energy and carbon dioxide. Adrenaline, besides leading to increased production of cortisol, is lipolytic, releasing the fatty acids which, if they are polyunsaturated, inhibit the production and transport of thyroid hormone, and also interfere directly with the respiratory functions of the mitochondria. Adrenaline decreases the conversion to T4 to T3, and increases the formation of the antagonistic reverse T3 (Nauman, et al., 1980, 1984)."

So adrenaline increases the formation of reverse T3.
Is elevated rt3 following starts of ndt supplement just a "temporary state", just the time needed to improve thyroid and thus get better liver and better conversion of t4 to t3 ?
I think yes, it probably would be temporary because a hypothyroid person tends to rely on elevated adrenaline to compensate for low T3 in order to have enough energy to survive. Taking natural desiccated thyroid for several weeks will lower adrenaline which will make the person feel worse and the doctor will raise the thyroid med dosage up a little at that time. This process of raising the NDT dosage every 6-8 weeks for several months will eventually result in finding the patient's optimal dose of NDT with normalized adrenaline level which would mean the adrenals are happy and quiet and not pumping out emergency adrenaline because the body is relying on T3 for energy production.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Thx for these infos ! I've heard that someone that has high pulse and sweats a lot during the night is probably running on adrenaline and someone that has low pulse and low temp is probably running on cortisol (both hypo state and probably high tsh). Both adrenaline and cortisol are known to decrease t4 to t3 conversion. So the same thing is probably working regarding cortisol ? You starts low dose ndt to give your body time to decrease cortisol production, lower acth and then you increase the dosage to work on pulse and global anabolism ?
Also another thing : Ray mentionned that when you take thyroid you can keep magnesium in your body and stop losing it, so by taking thyroid you can fix magnesium problem. But he also says that when you take thyroid you might need extra magnesium. I can't really understand this paradox. Is there an explanation ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals