7/6/2016 - Thyroid Dosing Advice Needed

DaveFoster

About 10 days ago, I started on 1/4 grain of NDT (Thiroyd from Thailand). This equates to around 8 mg T4 and 2 mcg T3 (roughly).

Today, I've taken some Blue Sky Peptide T3; about 2 mcg/hour for a total of around 10 mcg for the day.

Is this dosing schedule okay, and should I slow down? I'm new to thyroid dosing.

My bloodwork shows elevated T4 (conversion issue) [1.7 with upper end of the reference range at 1.2].

Pointless

I don't know, but I've had a lot of trouble with T3. If I take too much, I feel horrible. If I take too little, it does nothing. If I don't take it often enough, I crash and get irritable and low temps. If I had the option of dosing every hour, I might, but I think that would just be a pain, eventually.

I was browsing the T4 forum the other day and realized that you can take too little thyroid. Your TSH goes down, but there's not enough thyroid hormone overall to keep up your metabolism. So sometimes a reactionary drop in temps isn't just from stress hormones but from a net decrease of thyroid hormone as your gland shuts down.

I haven't had any luck at all supplementing T3 and T4 separately, no matter what dose. So I went back to TyroMax 3 drops twice a day, and my temp got up to 98.2 yesterday. Go figure. If you have a proven conversion problem, I think you're on the right track in looking into T3. But didn't Ray Peat estimate that the body produces 1 mcg of T3 per hour?

FacelessMan

I use NDT (natureThroid) Started about 2 months ago at 1/2 grain. Every 2 weeks I upped it by 1/2 grain. Right now Im taking 2.5 grains split into 5, half grain doses throughout the day. I think this is a good dose and Im gonna stop here for a month or so and reassess. Temp is high, hands are always warm, pulse is 80-95 at all times.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@Pointless

I'm sorry to hear about that; I've been titrating up with 1/4 grain per 2 weeks (at 1/2 grain currently,) with Blue Sky Peptide T3 drops (3-6 drops per day) along with 2 drops Pansterone. My resting heart rate is currently 115 and temperature is 99.3. I'm not sure if this is good, as I feel horrible; the cyproheptadine is likely responsible for this, along with all of my other supplements.

@A.Dosko

I'm really glad to hear your report. At the moment, I've had the previous results as outlined above; I still have some general inflammation (likely SIBO or a gut infection of sorts.) I feel bad when my temps and pulse go up, as outlined by Pointless, so I think I'll be more in tuned.

Pointless

Taking too much T3 doesn't even make my temps go up. I just get really stressed out. It seems that everyone is reacting differently to T3. Or maybe we only hear about the problem cases lol

Rickyman

I don't know, but I've had a lot of trouble with T3. If I take too much, I feel horrible. If I take too little, it does nothing. If I don't take it often enough, I crash and get irritable and low temps. If I had the option of dosing every hour, I might, but I think that would just be a pain, eventually.

I was browsing the T4 forum the other day and realized that you can take too little thyroid. Your TSH goes down, but there's not enough thyroid hormone overall to keep up your metabolism. So sometimes a reactionary drop in temps isn't just from stress hormones but from a net decrease of thyroid hormone as your gland shuts down.

I haven't had any luck at all supplementing T3 and T4 separately, no matter what dose. So I went back to TyroMax 3 drops twice a day, and my temp got up to 98.2 yesterday. Go figure. If you have a proven conversion problem, I think you're on the right track in looking into T3. But didn't Ray Peat estimate that the body produces 1 mcg of T3 per hour?

Was that your morning wake up tmps? Did you also check bpm?

Pointless

Was that your morning wake up tmps? Did you also check bpm?

Well that was a year ago and I'm still struggling with thyroid hormone doses. I think that it's much more effective and consistent when I do it sublingually, but I have to experiment more to make sure it builds up effectiveness and not lose it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals