Confusing Blood Tests - High FT3 And FT4 And High TSH

faisman

Hi everyone, my latest blood test shows a really high TSH of 6.46 despite high levels of FT3 and FT4. I have been slowly reducing my dose of T4 as blood tests showed improvement and I'm currently at 50mcg per day.

Prior to Peat, I had reached 150mcg per day (as per my doctor's instruction at he time) with TSH fluctuating between 3.5 and 4 and average FT3 and FT4 levels. I have seen a lot of improvement since adopting this lifestyle, but my TSH seems to rise despite adequate levels of FT3 and Ft4 and I am wondering what the cause can be. My last change in dosage was in early September 2016 when I dropped it from 75mcg to 50mcg.

On a side note I am waiting to receive NDT and will be switching to that instead of T4.

I have attached my last 5 results for reference.

Attachments

• Test results.png
    Test results.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
F

faisman

I occasionally take a capsule of Thorne Basic B which has 400mcg but I also eat
Do you take biotin?
I occasionally take a capsule of Thorne Basic B which has 400mcg but I also eat eggs every day

Koveras

I occasionally take a capsule of Thorne Basic B which has 400mcg but I also eat

I occasionally take a capsule of Thorne Basic B which has 400mcg but I also eat eggs every day

Not a huge amount, but it can interfere with laboratory tests so you may want to discontinue a week a or so prior to testing

OP
F

faisman

Has it been a life long issue?
I was put on T4 when I was 16 due to a borderline high TSH as diagnosed by my doctor but I had no symptoms. My diet at the time was also really bad and sleep was sub par but the doctor only relied on the tests and put me on T4 when they didn't change.

But like I said I've come a long way since, I just can't seem to understand the fluctuations in TSH, although I know that I definitely do feel much better when its low. I feel it might be diet and sleep related.

OP
F

faisman

The only mineral I can think of which I could be deficient in is manganese and from what I'm reading, it might be part of the problem

sele

Thyroid can bind to many things including albumin and estrogen.
Tests for FT3 and FT4 can be misleading.
RP has always suggested Total T3 and Total T4 tests.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals