What could cause a sudden spike in TPO Antibodies to over 3,000 IU/ml?

Guacamayo

Bit of background: I've had autoimmune Hashimoto's for at least 10 years - meaning I'm hypothyroid and take T3 and T4 to keep my thyroid levels stable. My dosage was usually around 100mg of T4 and 100mg of T3. Throughout that time my TPO antibodies hovered around the 100 - 400 range.

Last year I came to the US for work (I've been here for almost a year) and in the proceeding months my TPO antibodies began to creep up. However, in the last few months they have just exploded through the roof - over 3,300 IU/ml. It has caused my hypothyroid symptoms to surge again, it has tanked all my thyroid levels - my total T4 and free T4 have dropped way under range, and it's forced me to increase my Levo dosage from 100mg to 200mg per day.

Once I came to the States last year I didn't change anything diet-wise other than stopping the consumption of my daily bone broth, and also stopped taking curcumin supplements and Wobenzym enzymes.

Is there something else at play that I'm missing perhaps? I have been under a lot of work-related stress these past few months but I doubt it could cause such a huge spike in TPO antibodies. The advice of people on this forum has always helped out in prior predicaments so I'm hoping I can get some solid advice, suggestions or ideas this time around since, from what I've read, TPO antibodies that high can be dangerous.

Tagging @haidut because I think he might have discussed this issue on one of Danny's podcasts.

OP
G

Guacamayo

Double Bump
@Tarmander @Makrosky @HeyThere @Dutchie @ecstatichamster
I'm wondering if sun exposure (I've been getting around 1 hour of midday sun for the past several months) could aggravate Hashimoto's autoimmune as it is proven to do for lupus. And @Tarmander I read one of your posts where you speak to that.
Also @HeyThere you mentioned you avoided salicylates - would a high consumption daily consumption of them possibly have inflammatory effects that could cause a thyroid autoimmune spike?

alephx

What else do you eat @Guacamayo? The bread in the US has bromide IIRC and what not. What do you eat for Vit C, magnesium?

HeyThere

Double Bump
I'm wondering if sun exposure (I've been getting around 1 hour of midday sun for the past several months) could aggravate Hashimoto's autoimmune as it is proven to do for lupus. And @Tarmander I read one of your posts where you speak to that.
Also @HeyThere you mentioned you avoided salicylates - would a high consumption daily consumption of them possibly have inflammatory effects that could cause a thyroid autoimmune spike?

I only know what it does to me, so you'd just have to google keywords together to see if there are any connections regarding your question.

FitnessMike

stress raises antibodies as far as I know fam, could be too much of meds to that is cause stress

Dutchie

Double Bump
I'm sorry....I don't know why you've tagged me bc I don't have Hashimotos, so I can't answer your question.:/

Tarmander

Double Bump
Research the Marshal Protocol. I have auto immune and avoid the sun

Makrosky

Double Bump
No idea sorry :-/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals