Thyroid Pharmacy Multiple Dose Options

mgrabs

TSH- 4.9 range- |.40-4.50|
Free T4- 1.1 range- |0.8-1.8|
Free T3- 3.3 range- |2.3-4.2|
Reverse T3- 7 range- |8-25

Based on my lab numbers above ..before I trust my doctors word on taking my life into his hands; Does anyone have experience with understanding my labs & figuring a starting dose of T4/T3 Therapy based off of the available dosages?

What’s the best ratio? 2:1 3:1 4:1

My doctors compounding pharmacy makes levothyroxine + liothyronine sodium capsules. Which is how he treats. He never does T4 alone.

Available Dosing:
25/5 mcg
25/10 mcg
50/5 mcg
50/10 mcg
75/5 mcg
75/10 mcg
9.5/2.25 mcg
19/4.5 mcg
28.5/6.8 mcg
38/9 mcg
76/18 mcg
95/22.5 mcg
114/27 mcg
152/36 mcg

Limon9

TSH- 4.9 range- |.40-4.50|
Free T4- 1.1 range- |0.8-1.8|
Free T3- 3.3 range- |2.3-4.2|
Reverse T3- 7 range- |8-25

Based on my lab numbers above ..before I trust my doctors word on taking my life into his hands; Does anyone have experience with understanding my labs & figuring a starting dose of T4/T3 Therapy based off of the available dosages?

What’s the best ratio? 2:1 3:1 4:1

My doctors compounding pharmacy makes levothyroxine + liothyronine sodium capsules. Which is how he treats. He never does T4 alone.
Your doctor is doing a good thing, compounding such doses. It's hard to say much with limited knowledge of yourself, but the reverse T3 is low, indicating that a low ratio of levothyroxine to liothyronine may not be necessary. Liver health influences this strongly, with women and those over 40 often thriving on less levothyroxine. There's a very high chance you won't get it right first time, and will only determine the dose with rigorous symptoms/temperature/pulse/blood tracking.

You should ask the doctor whether the capsules are meant to be time-release. Based on some of the very high dosages, they almost definitely are, but the 25/10, 19/4.5 and 9.5/2.25 stand out as reasonable, even if that last one had to be taken twice daily.

OP
M

mgrabs

Your doctor is doing a good thing, compounding such doses. It's hard to say much with limited knowledge of yourself, but the reverse T3 is low, indicating that a low ratio of levothyroxine to liothyronine may not be necessary. Liver health influences this strongly, with women and those over 40 often thriving on less levothyroxine. There's a very high chance you won't get it right first time, and will only determine the dose with rigorous symptoms/temperature/pulse/blood tracking.

You should ask the doctor whether the capsules are meant to be time-release. Based on some of the very high dosages, they almost definitely are, but the 25/10, 19/4.5 and 9.5/2.25 stand out as reasonable, even if that last one had to be taken twice daily.
Well said, About 3 years ago i remember doing the combo of 19/4.5
& i think i felt great with that dose in the morning.
I cant remember my reverse t3 it mightve been around 15 but my TSH was around 3.5.

I used to be always good with just one dose in the morning & somehow balanced me out. But i do not remember if it was time released or not.

Do you think its better to have the 4.5mcg time released?

Limon9

Well said, About 3 years ago i remember doing the combo of 19/4.5
& i think i felt great with that dose in the morning.
I cant remember my reverse t3 it mightve been around 15 but my TSH was around 3.5.

I used to be always good with just one dose in the morning & somehow balanced me out. But i do not remember if it was time released or not.

Do you think its better to have the 4.5mcg time released?
Food always makes it absorb a bit more slowly, but I've never tried or seen anyone try the medications deliberately designed to do so.

OP
M

mgrabs

Food always makes it absorb a bit more slowly, but I've never tried or seen anyone try the medications deliberately designed to do so.
I also had a combination of 100mg Pregnenolone+50mg dhea (from the same compounding pharmacy) & that always worked well together with thyroid. I do know everyone on here is weary on that dose but I had no problems with that dose together with thyroid. Not sure if the dhea was slow release or not

Limon9

I also had a combination of 100mg Pregnenolone+50mg dhea (from the same compounding pharmacy) & that always worked well together with thyroid. I do know everyone on here is weary on that dose but I had no problems with that dose together with thyroid. Not sure if the dhea was slow release or not
If the pharmacy are competent, there aren't going to be any of the crazy impurity reactions experienced with Amazon products for sure. With that much DHEA you're likely to feel mostly okay, but might find all your sex steroids creeping up slowly over a year or two, including the dreaded estrone, estradiol and growth hormone.

OP
M

mgrabs

If the pharmacy are competent, there aren't going to be any of the crazy impurity reactions experienced with Amazon products for sure. With that much DHEA you're likely to feel mostly okay, but might find all your sex steroids creeping up slowly over a year or two, including the dreaded estrone, estradiol and growth hormone.
Hmm. Do you think the dose should be 100/25 preg/dhea?

OP
M

mgrabs

Quick question.. are there any true downsides to using T4 only? Theres a lot of hate here with T4 only but with having a low reverse t3 & hearing the rest or the world feeling great on T4. What can possibly be bad about it in my situation?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals