Proposed Theory: Dandruff Is A Skin Biome Imbalance. Ways To Address Proposed

jaype

After so much experimentation i have found the solution. high dose vitamin E puts the dandruff in remission. However there are Side effects for me. I start to get dry skin everywhere on my body accept my face i have no idea why.
May I ask which vitamin E supplement you use? I"m going to try this as well.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

May I ask which vitamin E supplement you use? I"m going to try this as well.
Gamma E mixed with tocotrienols. life extension brand

I am starting to suspect gamma E is the solution for some reason. Half life is only 13 hours and it would make sense why after 24 hours i am back to square 1 everytime

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Over the past 2 months i have been somewhat doing a good job of combating the dandruff i get on my body with retinol. Vitamin E and C. Idk which is helping.

As soon as i hopped on to the antibioitic doxycycline my dandruff went into overdrive. Its on my scalp. Beard. A little on eye brows. And i went ahead and noticed maybe a very small amount in my pubic region and even armpits. I have to rub these areas to see flakes fall.

like wtf is is this. Ive been trying to battle this ***t for so long no redness. Researched so much. Still back at square one. I have to keep taking doxy for 8 more days. ? for my post op procedure.

mariantos

Over the past 2 months i have been somewhat doing a good job of combating the dandruff i get on my body with retinol. Vitamin E and C. Idk which is helping.

As soon as i hopped on to the antibioitic doxycycline my dandruff went into overdrive. Its on my scalp. Beard. A little on eye brows. And i went ahead and noticed maybe a very small amount in my pubic region and even armpits. I have to rub these areas to see flakes fall.

like wtf is is this. Ive been trying to battle this ***t for so long no redness. Researched so much. Still back at square one. I have to keep taking doxy for 8 more days. ? for my post op procedure.

Doxycycline has both good and bad. I recommend making goat's milk kefir and consuming 500 ml daily. Also, if you like kombucha, I recommend you prepare it at home, if you are interested I will tell you how I prepare it personally, but also sauerkrat. These things helped me to be able to eat sugar again, because at the slightest consumption of sugar, I was starting to have dandruff, eczema on my skin etc. Now I can say that I have made quite a lot of progress, although I am not completely healed yet. You can try it if you haven't done it yet, start with small amounts and be patient. You have nothing to lose.

BearWithMe

Could it be endotoxin overload from dying bacteria?

How is your liver?

Cloudhands

i think supplementing vitamin A and thyroid together is a big piece of the puzzle, b-vitamins in balance, and all of the minerals are involved as well. i think being out of balance is big.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

i think supplementing vitamin A and thyroid together is a big piece of the puzzle, b-vitamins in balance, and all of the minerals are involved as well. i think being out of balance is big.
I agree. But i beleive. Zinc. Vitamin A. D AND E are at the center of it all.

Cloudhands

I agree. But i beleive. Zinc. Vitamin A. D AND E are at the center of it all.
vitamin A alone didnt do ***t for me until i added thyroid horomone, i think it only works alone if you already have optimal thyroid status. E is important to stop A from oxidation and D is important to balance A, and all of them including K help to lower estrogen which clogs the pores, increases cell turnover and proliferates bacterial overgrowth. the B vitamins and the minerals are important for many functions, including blood sugar regulation and lowering free fatty acids in the blood, but when focusing on seb dermatitis the emphasis should also be on mast cell activation and histamine levels which trigger the itching.
"Yes, vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it. Since vitamin A is highly unsaturated, in excess it suppresses the thyroid, so it has to be balanced with the thyroid; the combination is effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off. Plugged pores, combined with a local shift toward synthesizing inflammatory substances, foster bacterial infection."
"When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly." -peat

Borz

Forum Supporter
I got dandruff, but also thick flakes on my scalp, and also seborrheic dermatitis on the back of both ears, after a course of oral Nystatin (anti fungal). I think the fungal-bacterial balance might be the key to solving this, tho I have no idea how to approach it.

It seems like I can get rid of the seborrheic dermatitis if I stop dairy completely (even ghee causes a reaction). and it seems to be reducing dandruff as well, not sure yet.

Here is my thread on it:

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I got dandruff, but also thick flakes on my scalp, and also seborrheic dermatitis on the back of both ears, after a course of oral Nystatin (anti fungal). I think the fungal-bacterial balance might be the key to solving this, tho I have no idea how to approach it.

It seems like I can get rid of the seborrheic dermatitis if I stop dairy completely (even ghee causes a reaction). and it seems to be reducing dandruff as well, not sure yet.

Here is my thread on it:

Likely endotoxin. After experimenting with every single thing. The gut is all thats left to test. And its likely some reaction is occurring to the biome that shouldnt happen

Borz

Forum Supporter
Likely endotoxin. After experimenting with every single thing. The gut is all thats left to test. And its likely some reaction is occurring to the biome that shouldnt happen
I’ve done so many things for endotoxin and bacterial overgrowth/microbiome balance and overall gut health, I dont know what else to do. @EvanHinkle managed to cure their dandruff with high dose charcoal: 2 tbsp, 3 times a day, for 2 weeks, then tapered it down to a maintenance dose of I think daily or every other day. he said it totally cured it. I’m probably gonna give that a try now.

Jamsey

@czgr

What have u done for endotoxin
Have you thought about iron chelation or trying to lower bodily iron stores? Excess iron seems to be indicated in most reoccurring/chronic infections. This might explain your previous success with vitamin e.

Borz

Forum Supporter
@czgr

What have u done for endotoxin ?
-charcoal (but not as much as EvanHinkle)
-carrot salad / mushroom / psyllium
-rifaximin courses, doxycycline, augmentin, erythromycin
-natural antimicrobials: monolaurin, oregano oil, ceylon cinnamon oil, propolis, manuka honey, raw garlic
-NAC and Interfase Plus as a biofilm breaker
-bismuth
-xylitol
-Pylori Plex supplement
-CamphoSal
-Flowers of sulfur
-Clarkia (wormwood & black walnut hull)
-floraphage / florassist
-Megasporebiotics
-Colostrum / Mega IGG2000 supplement
-Undecylenic Acid
-Butyric acid
-Tudca
-Betaine HCL, pepsin, digestive enzymes
-Akkermansia
-Seed probiotic
-S. boulardii
-collagen/gelatin
-Cyproheptadine & Benadryl
-Aloe vera juice
-enemas
-starch free and fiber free
-Pectin
-Red light + Methylene blue

some of these I’ve done before I got dandruff, some after. Nystatin started the dandruff for me for sure.

things I’m going to try are:
-EvanHinkle’s charcoal protocol
-keep taking Akkermansia (recently started)
-BPC-157
-daily goat kefir (if I can tolerate)
-washing hair with baking soda/vinegar
-and maybe TheBeard’s enema protocol:
“Performing iodine enema helps a lot with killing all desirable organisms.
A quart of water + 2 dropper of Lugol's iodine and a bit of movement to make it reach the cecum."

Last edited:

Borz

Forum Supporter
I agree that we don't understand copper regulation very well, but there is a good evidence retinol is actually needed for copper metabolism, mostly because retinol-depleted liver stops producing copper transport proteins.

I know you don't want to hear that, but if you depleted yourself of retinol, this might as well be the source of your issues.

And yes, supplemental retinol absolutely 100% is toxic and I'm definitely not advising to supplement retinol.
why do you think supplemental retinol is toxic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals