Proposed Theory: Dandruff Is A Skin Biome Imbalance. Ways To Address Proposed

BearWithMe

My bad, they’ve only just opened and have a password by way of thanking their early backers from Kickstarter to be able to purchase first.
You mean the black one with benzoyl peroxide? Because we have plenty of creams with pretty much identical ingredients as the pink / urea one here in Europe, and it is nothing to write home about, really

golder

You mean the black one with benzoyl peroxide? Because we have plenty of creams with pretty much identical ingredients as the pink / urea one here in Europe, and it is nothing to write home about, really
Fair point. I’ve not seen a similar one. Can you link a few over similar to their pink one? I’m tempted to get one as a daily moisturiser. Thanks! :)

BearWithMe

Fair point. I’ve not seen a similar one. Can you link a few over similar to their pink one? I’m tempted to get one as a daily moisturiser. Thanks! :)
They are usually in the aisles right before checkout in most European drugstores and cost 1-2 euros.

Can you speak German?

Gustav3Y

I said this before, not all ketoconazole shampoos are equal, from experience I know one did zero one did a lot.
You could also try Selsun that has selenium sulfide, works well, not the mentholated one.
You can wash scalp with sulfur soap also.

Usually shaved bears or scalp lowers the level of the flakiness in many, even in winter when there is no sunlight.

BearWithMe

I said this before, not all ketoconazole shampoos are equal, from experience I know one did zero one did a lot.
You could also try Selsun that has selenium sulfide, works well, not the mentholated one.
You can wash scalp with sulfur soap also.

Usually shaved bears or scalp lowers the level of the flakiness in many, even in winter when there is no sunlight.
Selenium sulfide works like a magic for darndruff, but causes crazy hair loss over time. Learned this in very hard way.

Not worth it at all.

Stay away from that ****

Gustav3Y

I did not have regular dandruff but aggressive dermatitis for years (bleeding, pain, sleep issues, head on fire, etc), most things did nothing for me.
I seem to get good effects from 1 time per week at most 2 times per week regarding Selsun (selenium disulfide)

How often did you have to use it to see results?

BearWithMe

I did not have regular dandruff but aggressive dermatitis for years (bleeding, pain, sleep issues, head on fire, etc), most things did nothing for me.
I seem to get good effects from 1 time per week at most 2 times per week regarding Selsun (selenium disulfide)

How often did you have to use it to see results?
Damn, that sounds rough, well in that case obviously it might be worth it.

I have been using it 1x a week max.

golder

The red patchiness underneath a long beard seems to be worse than my scalp these days. Is it likely to be a fungal and bacterial issue? Or likely to be more of one than the other?

BearWithMe

The red patchiness underneath a long beard seems to be worse than my scalp these days. Is it likely to be a fungal and bacterial issue? Or likely to be more of one than the other?
It could also be gut irritation.

Jonnie

Back to say the benefit habeen very short lived.

Ya it could be gut bacteria but like where to even begin. Thats not an easy fix that. Shooting in the dark here.
I wont be giving up tho. I will solve this
If you move to a tropical location near the beach and swim in salt water each day you’ll probably be dandruff free.
Maybe you need to become a surfer? Lol.

golder

If you move to a tropical location near the beach and swim in salt water each day you’ll probably be dandruff free.
Maybe you need to become a surfer? Lol.
Instinctively I think you’re probably right here. Imagine how fantastic life would be if this was even possible.

Jonnie

Instinctively I think you’re probably right here. Imagine how fantastic life would be if this was even possible.
Actually might go for this next year if vaccinations would become mandatory where I’m from. Assuming it’s not going to be a global thing, which it probably isn’t.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Anyone wanna take a stab at why alcohol always stops my dandruff. Only when I am feeling the effects

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

After so much experimentation i have found the solution. high dose vitamin E puts the dandruff in remission. However there are Side effects for me. I start to get dry skin everywhere on my body accept my face i have no idea why.

BearWithMe

After so much experimentation i have found the solution. high dose vitamin E puts the dandruff in remission. However there are Side effects for me. I start to get dry skin everywhere on my body accept my face i have no idea why.
This is really strange. Dandruff is basically a dry skin on a scalp. If something fixes dandruff, I would expect it to also improve dry skin elsewhere on the body

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

This is really strange. Dandruff is basically a dry skin on a scalp. If something fixes dandruff, I would expect it to also improve dry skin elsewhere on the body
Dandruff is not necessarily dry skin at all. Dandruff is sebboreic dermatitis and in most cases it’s oily. In studies low vitamin e and low types of Pufa were found in those with the condition. The thing is I have to keep taking high dose vitamin e everyday it seems. Around 700 iu mixed

i am confident the effects are from the vitamin e. But I think it’s related to vitamin a and Pufa somehow. Raypeat said E protects A from Destruction. What if it’s the same for Pufa. What if somehow the vitamin E is depleting me of Pufa.

I remember when I took lots of vitamin A I got the same symptoms. But I it was everywhere. This time is my nose and face are hydrated very well and smooth. But legs itch a lot.

it solved my beard dandruff too. Shaving didn’t even solve it. In the studies they found increased lipid peroxidation. I wonder if my body can’t hold on to vitamin e well or something.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Update. Selenium. B vitamin imbalance could also be why i am experiencing side effects. As of right now side effects subsided but dandruff is 99.9% gone. Like maybe maybe i will see one single little flake maybe .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals