Dandruff Is Not Caused By Fungi. But Bacteria! Skin Biome !

GorillaHead

Old study

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-05-bacteria-yin-yang-dandruff.html

This is super fascinating. They say when one specific strain over takes the other u get dandruff.

Ive read reports that only antibiotics stopped peoples dandruff

So the question is the imbalance caused by a specific composition of oils our skin secretes or are we born with a specific biome that overtime overwhelms us after puberty

Last edited:

Motif

Not mine. I took tons of natural antibiotics and some pharmaceutical too.

Motif

So Whatelse would you try in my case?
I tried a lot of topical stuff too.

I don’t remember all the names of the stuff I took, but I was a lot. What would you say is most effective ?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

So Whatelse would you try in my case?
I tried a lot of topical stuff too.

I don’t remember all the names of the stuff I took, but I was a lot. What would you say is most effective ?

I running an experiment right now. I will update this thread accordingly if I find something i can suggest. But way too many people suffer from this ***t and the fact we cant even solve this issue is just absolutely ridiculous and shows the state of where our health technology and priorities are

MitchMitchell

So the question is the imbalance caused by a specific composition of oils our skin secretes or are we born with a specific biome that overtime overwhelms us after puberty

excess enzymatic activity = excess sebum production (androgen driven) = excess microorganism growth

whether those are fungi or bacteria is irrelevant, whatever works.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

excess enzymatic activity = excess sebum production (androgen driven) = excess microorganism growth

whether those are fungi or bacteria is irrelevant, whatever works.

I personally have dry scalp and still get lots of dandruff build up. So i dont think thats the case.

this is surely about skin microbiome dysbiosis. As show in the studies implicating it so. There are many people who have very oily hair and no dandruff whatsoever.

johnwester130

I running an experiment right now. I will update this thread accordingly if I find something i can suggest. But way too many people suffer from this ***t and the fact we cant even solve this issue is just absolutely ridiculous and shows the state of where our health technology and priorities are

we have been discussing this a lot on the hair and nails section

Hair & Nails

Things that kill fungi tend to kill bacteria too.

like zinc pyrithione and piroctone olamine. malassezia turns sebum into arachidonic acid, = PUFA

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your overall health and especially gut health determines your skin microbiome. If your health is suboptimal, your body cannot create the right amount of anti-bacterial/microbial peptides in order to maintain a healthy skin microbiome.
This is why topicals rarely work, because it doesn't address the root cause.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Staphylococcus aureus peptidoglycan induces histamine release from basophil human leukocytes in vitro.

Your overall health and especially gut health determines your skin microbiome. If your health is suboptimal, your body cannot create the right amount of anti-bacterial/microbial peptides in order to maintain a healthy skin microbiome.
This is why topicals rarely work, because it doesn't address the root cause.

Hey hans. Do you happen to have a reference that gut biome influences skin biome. I am reluctant to think its the only and or even major factor. I have read studies of people swimming in the ocean and their skin biome changing for days after no longer swimming in the ocean.

i personally know a friend who’s eczema completely resolved after swimming in the ocean as well.

Attachments

• 5F985E91-55C0-4950-8BAD-B27FED6BA126.jpeg
    5F985E91-55C0-4950-8BAD-B27FED6BA126.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Staphylococcus aureus peptidoglycan induces histamine release from basophil human leukocytes in vitro.

Hey hans. Do you happen to have a reference that gut biome influences skin biome. I am reluctant its the only and or even major factor. I have read studies of people swimming in the ocean and their skin biome changing for days after no longer swimming in the ocean.

i personally know a friend who’s eczema completely resolved after swimming in the ocean as well.
I don't have a reference at hand no. Topicals do work, but most of the time the issues come back because the root cause hasn't been fixed yet.

MitchMitchell

I personally have dry scalp and still get lots of dandruff build up. So i dont think thats the case.

this is surely about skin microbiome dysbiosis. As show in the studies implicating it so. There are many people who have very oily hair and no dandruff whatsoever.

good for them and too bad for you but I’m saying this is how it works with that specific pathway since you mentioned oils: androgens > sebum > growth

I’m also wondering what kind of diet and supplements you’re using that artificially dries out your skin as you’ve been experimenting a lot. People in general are very scared to embrace the less is more mentality, sticking to a handful of 100% well tolerated foods and zero supplements and leaving the detox+immune system alone.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

good for them and too bad for you but I’m saying this is how it works with that specific pathway since you mentioned oils: androgens > sebum > growth

I’m also wondering what kind of diet and supplements you’re using that artificially dries out your skin as you’ve been experimenting a lot. People in general are very scared to embrace the less is more mentality, sticking to a handful of 100% well tolerated foods and zero supplements and leaving the detox+immune system alone.

The less is more mentality has its place but this concept cant always be trusted. I never used to take supplements or experiment. Nothing changed from my diets in the past until after i hit puberty. If anything i ate healthier and better after puberty and yet Problems began to develop.

High dose vitamin a dried me out so bad that i start to scratch and leave white scratch streaks on my skin and dandruff continued. The dandruff continued but the texture of the drandruff changed it went from gunk like dandruff to flakey pieces. People like to day dry skin is the issue but no where on my body that was also dry was i flaking. Only the scalp. Beard and eyebrows .

Ben.

I don't believe that for some reason puberty makes dandruff a thing. I almost never had dandruf most of my life, and if i did it was gone within a short amount of time by itself (how most things should if your body works correctly).

Only since my health has declined immensely within the last two years by w/e i started to get chronic dandruff flaring up everyday or everyother day, like snow pf dead skin cells raining down on my freaking keyboard ... High caloric intake makes it "calm" down a little but doesn't fix it and in the same sense increasing calories results in overall higher inflammations across the board. I can't realy tell anyone what to do other than solving the underlying issue ... and i don't think it is the skin on its own or the bacteria on it that is the problem.

johnwester130

But do you have to keep using it? How quickly does it come back after using the shampoo?

there is something much simpler to attain and it's in a liquid alcohol bottle

piroctone olamine

kingsley scalp toner is just camphor and the ingredient in a bottle of alcohol. there's a study it performs better than ketoconazole

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom