Dandruff Is Not Caused By Fungi. But Bacteria! Skin Biome !

Aron

Two solutions fixed my dandruff issue - Highly oily skin and plaque dandruff with itching. YMMV

Daily regimen

1. Vitamin A (20K IU) : Vitamins D (5K IU) - keratinized plaque became small flakes (D to counteract A toxicity, improved my 25OHD to 50, also take K1+K2 combo to prevent soft tissue calcification)
2. Zinc Pyrithione shampoo - eliminated the small flakes and itching

Dandruff was an issue for 15 years and have been dandruff free for 15 years. Every few years I take off steps 1 or 2 or both to see if my body has fixed itself and find myself going back to both steps within 2 to 3 weeks.

Two solutions fixed my dandruff issue - Highly oily skin and plaque dandruff with itching. YMMV

Daily regimen

1. Vitamin A (20K IU) : Vitamins D (5K IU) - keratinized plaque became small flakes (D to counteract A toxicity, improved my 25OHD to 50, also take K1+K2 combo to prevent soft tissue calcification)
2. Zinc Pyrithione shampoo - eliminated the small flakes and itching

Dandruff was an issue for 15 years and have been dandruff free for 15 years. Every few years I take off steps 1 or 2 or both to see if my body has fixed itself and find myself going back to both steps within 2 to 3 weeks.

Do you ingest 20K IU of A, or topically?

Have you theorized why if you stop the regimen it comes back?

baccheion

3 drops 5% Lugol's iodine in 1/8th cup water, then apply to scalp. Leave for hours without rinsing. Potassium iodide may work as well and without the potential staining.

Aron

Do you ingest 20K IU of A, or topically?

Have you theorized why if you stop the regimen it comes back?
Oral, not topical. I seem to have an issue with converting beta carotene to retinol. Vit A also improves my skin around my elbows and knees, while eliminating razor burn which was a big issue. I take the combo 4 days a week (Sun thru Wed). No vit A if I'm having a drink or two that day.

Waynish

excess enzymatic activity = excess sebum production (androgen driven) = excess microorganism growth

whether those are fungi or bacteria is irrelevant, whatever works.

Ya that seems closer; people are being overly reductionistic as usual.

Broken man

I personally have dry scalp and still get lots of dandruff build up. So i dont think thats the case.

this is surely about skin microbiome dysbiosis. As show in the studies implicating it so. There are many people who have very oily hair and no dandruff whatsoever.
What about dandruff being dead skin because of small amount o blood reaching to hair? Dry because of clogged pores?

Oral, not topical. I seem to have an issue with converting beta carotene to retinol. Vit A also improves my skin around my elbows and knees, while eliminating razor burn which was a big issue. I take the combo 4 days a week (Sun thru Wed). No vit A if I'm having a drink or two that day.
Thank you, unfortunately I cannot try this as I get digestive issues from oral A.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom