SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Hitchens

What is an equivalent SPF rating for Solban vs. a zinc oxide product.1% zinc oxide gives you 1.6 SPF units, while 1% titanium dioxide gives you 2.6 SPF units.....

Soren

Forum Supporter
A family member who has bad skin for decades started using this and it completely cleared up her skin.

She has struggled her whole life with rashes and allergies and her skin now has never looked better. Everyone comments on it.

Thanks haidut!

LadyRae

@metamorph did you try Oxidal in your Solban? I really do well with methylene blue internally (but my liquid is very very blue!) and I've been tempted to buy the face cream on Amazon that has it in it, but it's expensive.

@Soren wow, that's fantastic! Especially considering that usually skin issues are an internal issue.

golder

@metamorph did you try Oxidal in your Solban? I really do well with methylene blue internally (but my liquid is very very blue!) and I've been tempted to buy the face cream on Amazon that has it in it, but it's expensive.

@Soren wow, that's fantastic! Especially considering that usually skin issues are an internal issue.
What would a sensible amount of oxidal to add to a 30ml skin cream to get the benefits of topical MB without turning into a smurf?

LadyRae

What would a sensible amount of oxidal to add to a 30ml skin cream to get the benefits of topical MB without turning into a smurf?
I just don't know! And as is usually the case with face creams it would take a while to notice if anything was happening anyway

coquz

Did anyone use this as a sunscreen for small kids. I'm not happy with normal sunscreen and their mother really worries when they are out in the sun the whole day. Do you think the dose is fine for a 2 Y old kid?

LadyRae

Did anyone use this as a sunscreen for small kids. I'm not happy with normal sunscreen and their mother really worries when they are out in the sun the whole day. Do you think the dose is fine for a 2 Y old kid?
In my opinion it doesn't work that well as a sunscreen. Especially considering a little toddler that's going to be out in the sun quite a bit, you're going to need to use more than just Solban .

That said, you could experiment by putting it on in the morning and reassess after a couple hours...

coquz

In my opinion it doesn't work that well as a sunscreen. Especially considering a little toddler that's going to be out in the sun quite a bit, you're going to need to use more than just Solban .

That said, you could experiment by putting it on in the morning and reassess after a couple hours...
Thanks for the reply. Would you mind tell what you would use for toddlers ? :)

LadyRae

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind tell what you would use for toddlers ? :)
I just try to find the least toxic kinds, usually with a zinc-based barrier method. Sun Bum has some good ones. Also Alba...

Sun hats are great if the kid will wear one, but I've always found that the long sleeve rash guards just end up keeping my kids cold...

Even if I can't find the perfect sunscreen, I will still use the best that I can because ultimately I think that bad sunburns are worse than occasionally using a chemical based sunscreen

coquz

I just try to find the least toxic kinds, usually with a zinc-based barrier method. Sun Bum has some good ones. Also Alba...

Sun hats are great if the kid will wear one, but I've always found that the long sleeve rash guards just end up keeping my kids cold...

Even if I can't find the perfect sunscreen, I will still use the best that I can because ultimately I think that bad sunburns are worse than occasionally using a chemical based sunscreen
Okay thank you. going to look into these brands.
One of my kids had a bad reaction on his skin and eyes after using a commercial sunscreen so im a little more careful .
Its very rare they got burned, but of course I want to be careful.

MikeyFitz

I have a new supplement (SolBan) for people interested in improving skin health or management of issues like hair loss, wrinkles, aging spots, cellulite, or simply protection from the sun.
It can be ordered from the links below:
www.idealabsdc.com

The supplement is for topical use only and consists of a water/ethanol solution containing niacinamide / nicotinamide, caffeine and aspirin. Each one of these ingredients has been shown in multiple human and animal experiments to be beneficial for skin health using topical administration. In addition, the combination of caffeine and niacinamide has been shown to work literally as a sunscreen so this could be an option for people who do not want to be exposed to the toxic excipients in most commercial products. While I do not claim that the product is effective for any medical condition, for information purposes I have listed a number of references below. These studies have looked at effectiveness and safety of each of the ingredients for specific conditions like UV skin damage, hair loss, photoaging, wrinkles, cellulite, skin cancer, dermatitis, acne, pruritis, eczema, psoriasis, etc.

Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the product is the succinic acid. In recent human trials, it has been shown that increasing ATP levels in the scalp promotes hair growth in male androgenic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness (MPB). The trials actually used a saturated fatty acid called pentadecanoic acid topically on the scalp and found that the effectiveness of that fatty acid in restoring hair growth was due to its effects on raising scalp levels of succinic acid, and succinic acid then dramatically increased ATP levels. This is not surprising as succinic acid is a very efficient precursor of ATP. So, we added succinic acid to SolBan to replicate the design of those human clinical trials.

Effect of the glyceride of pentadecanoic acid on energy metabolism in hair follicles
"...The effect of the glyceride of pentadecanoic acid (PDG) in treating male pattern alopecia has already been confirmed in a double blind controlled clinical test. In order to study the mechanism of the hair growing effect of PDG, ATP levels were measured in the hair follicles of rabbits. The ATP levels in telogen hair follicles increased remarkably with the application of PDG. To examine this effect, the metabolic properties of pentadecanoic acid (PDA) were investigated using the mitochondrial fraction prepared from guinea-pig hair follicles. It was shown that PDA could be metabolized in hair follicles, and succinic acid, which was formed in the degradation process of PDA, had a remarkable ATP producing ability. These results suggest that the hair growing effect of PDG depends on the efficient supply of energy to hair follicles, and this mechanism seems to be derived from the metabolic property of the odd numbered carbon fatty acid, PDA."

Based on the above study, pentadecanoic acid (another SFA) is now approved in Japan as topical treatment for hair loss.
Clinical Evaluation of The Product Containing Glyceride of Pentadecanoic Acid on Male Pattern Alopecia in Women

A combination of SolBan + Cardenosine (Cardenosine - Liquid Product For R&D) may be even more beneficial due to the additional antiinflammatory and antifibrotic effects of caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, inosine, B6, etc.

Here are some comments from Ray on the topic of using aspirin, caffeine and niacinamide topically on the skin.
Cherry Angiomas (red Dots On Skin)
"...The sun-damaged areas in rosacea can be directly provided with some of the protective factors by applying them topically. In the same way that topical lactate can cause vasodilation and disturbed energy metabolism (Rendl, et al., 2001), topical niacinamide, progesterone, vitamin K, and coenzyme Q10 can improve the metabolism and function of the local tissues. Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light. Topically applied caffeine, even after sun exposure, can reduce local tissue damage (Koo, et al., 2007). Aspirin and saturated fats can also be protective when applied topically."

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

SolBan is a liquid mixture of niacinamide, caffeine, and aspirin. These ingredients have been shown in multiple human clinical trials (as well as animal studies) to have a highly protective effect on the skin against a number of harmful agents and processes. The list of harmful agents and processes includes sunlight (UV), metabolic disturbances, aging (wrinkles, cellulite), hormonal imbalance (acne, eczema, melasma), stress, polyunsaturated fats (PUFA), etc.
SolBan is available as a 20 % alcohol (ethanol) solution in a 2oz plastic spray bottle. The product is intended and sanctioned for external use only.

Serving size: 5 sprays (about 1ml)
Servings per container: about 60
Each serving contains:

Niacinamide / Nicotinamide - 40 mg
Caffeine - 10 mg
Salicylic acid - 10 mg
Succinic acid - 10 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

The recommended method of administration is spraying the affected skin area until it has a thin layer of the solution and the letting it dry (without rubbing). The product can be used as sunscreen adjuvant (Caffeine and caffeine sodium benzoate have a sunscreen effect, enhance UVB-induced apoptosis, and inhibit UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 ... - PubMed - NCBI) due to the UV-blocking properties of caffeine and niacinamide / nicotinamide.

1. NIACINAMIDE
Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin. - PubMed - NCBI
A review of nicotinamide: treatment of skin diseases and potential side effects. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide - biologic actions of an emerging cosmetic ingredient. - PubMed - NCBI

1.1 Hyperpigmentation and Skin Aging (niacinamide)
Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin. - PubMed - NCBI
A review of nicotinamide: treatment of skin diseases and potential side effects. - PubMed - NCBI
Niacinamide - mechanisms of action and its topical use in dermatology. - PubMed - NCBI
Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance. - PubMed - NCBI
The clinical anti-aging effects of topical kinetin and niacinamide in Asians: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, split-face comparativ... - PubMed - NCBI
Topical niacinamide 4% and desonide 0.05% for treatment of axillary hyperpigmentation: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. - PubMed - NCBI
Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation after use of moisturizers with a combination of topical niacinamide and N-acetyl glucosamin... - PubMed - NCBI
Reduction in facial hyperpigmentation after treatment with a combination of topical niacinamide and tranexamic acid: a randomized, double-blind, ve... - PubMed - NCBI
A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of 2% niacinamide on facial sebum production. - PubMed - NCBI
Moisturizing effects of topical nicotinamide on atopic dry skin. - PubMed - NCBI

1.2 UV Damage (niacinamide)
Nicotinamide-containing sunscreens for use in Australasian countries and cancer-provoking conditions. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical nicotinamide modulates cellular energy metabolism and provides broad-spectrum protection against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppre... - PubMed - NCBI
Ultraviolet A radiation: its role in immunosuppression and carcinogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in primary melanocytes. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide reduces photodynamic therapy-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in human keratinocytes and ex vivo skin. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide downregulates gene expression of interleukin-6, interleukin-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, and tumour necrosis factor-α gene ... - PubMed - NCBI
Oral and systemic photoprotection. - PubMed - NCBI
Photoprotective effects of nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide prevents ultraviolet radiation-induced cellular energy loss. - PubMed - NCBI
Oral nicotinamide protects against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
UV radiation-induced immunosuppression is greater in men and prevented by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
[The intervention of nicotinamide on skin melanocyte's cell proliferation after UVA (365 nm) exposed.]. - PubMed - NCBI
Prevention of photoimmunosuppression and photocarcinogenesis by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of nicotinamide on mouse skin tumor development and its mode of action. - PubMed - NCBI
Nicotinamide and nicotinamide analogues as antitumor promoters in mouse skin. - PubMed - NCBI

2. CAFFEINE
Follicular penetration of topically applied caffeine via a shampoo formulation. - PubMed - NCBI
The role of hair follicles in the percutaneous absorption of caffeine. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical delivery of caffeine from some commercial formulations. - PubMed - NCBI

2.1 Sunscreen effects (caffeine)
Caffeine and caffeine sodium benzoate have a sunscreen effect, enhance UVB-induced apoptosis, and inhibit UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 ... - PubMed - NCBI

2.2 Skin cancer (caffeine)
Topical applications of caffeine or (−)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) inhibit carcinogenesis and selectively increase apoptosis in UVB-induced skin tumors in mice
A novel topical targeting system of caffeine microemulsion for inhibiting UVB-induced skin tumor: characterization, optimization, and evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine decreases phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) and increases mitotic cells with cyclin B1 and caspase 3 in tumors from UVB-treated mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine decreases phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) and increases mitotic cells with cyclin B1 and caspase 3 in tumors from UVB treated mice
Effect of caffeine on UVB-induced carcinogenesis, apoptosis, and the elimination of UVB-induced patches of p53 mutant epidermal cells in SKH-1 mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Protection from photodamage by topical application of caffeine after ultraviolet irradiation. - PubMed - NCBI
Inhibitory effects of tea and caffeine on UV-induced carcinogenesis: relationship to enhanced apoptosis and decreased tissue fat. - PubMed - NCBI
Stimulatory effect of topical application of caffeine on UVB-induced apoptosis in mouse skin. - PubMed - NCBI

2.3 Other skin conditions (caffeine)
The effect of topically applied aspirin on localized circumscribed neurodermatitis. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical treatment of cutaneous herpes simplex virus-1 infection in mice with a specially formulated caffeine gel (Cafon). - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of caffeine and testosterone on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
Histopathological evaluation of caffeine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles in efficient treatment of cellulite. - PubMed - NCBI
Role of Caffeine in the Management of Androgenetic Alopecia
Pharmacokinetics for topically applied caffeine in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI
Effectiveness of topical caffeine in cataract prevention: studies with galactose cataract. - PubMed - NCBI
Evaluation of the efficacy of topical caffeine in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. - PubMed - NCBI
Caffeine inhibits paresthesia induced by herpes simplex virus through action on primary sensory neurons in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

3. ASPIRIN
Combined patch containing salicylic acid and nicotinamide: role of drug interaction. - PubMed - NCBI
Design of a transdermal delivery system for aspirin as an antithrombotic drug. - PubMed - NCBI
Transdermal modification of platelet function. A dermal aspirin preparation selectively inhibits platelet cyclooxygenase and preserves prostacyclin... - PubMed - NCBI
Topically applied aspirin decreases histamine-induced wheal and flare reactions in normal and SLS-inflamed skin, but does not decrease itch. A rand... - PubMed - NCBI
Topically applied aspirin rapidly decreases histamine-induced itch. - PubMed - NCBI
@haidut great product! I am on my second bottle!

Now I know that IdeaLabsDC cannot add DHT to any cosmetic as DHT is a controlled substance.

However, as you are a fan of DHT, I was wondering if there could be synergy and efficacy in combining DHT, Aspirin, Caffeine, Niacinamide, and Succinic Acid?

I believe the research shows that DHT actually rejuvenates skin rather than ages it as the Androgen haters tend to claim.

Thank you, sir!

Anyone in Europe willing to send a sample? paying of course 👍

golder

Georgi, I really like Solban. I know this is a more generalised product for the skin, and there would be some overlap with scalp/hair and lowering inflammation on the scalp. However, out of sheer curiosity, if you could add any three ingredients to Solban to direct its effectiveness more towards hair loss and anti-fibrotic action to the scalp, what would it be? Appreciate your time and input.

:M :B.

at the 1hour 13minute mark video bellow. Ray talks about succinic acid being "a potentially disruptive toxic short chain saturated fatty acid".
Anyone know more about this? Bad internally, not bad externally?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f06rVi8iXfI

Got an answer to my question from someone. great answer.
"Ray also talked about succinic acid being beneficial and the toxicity has only been mentioned in the context of oral intake and in high doses. Topically, succinic acid cannot cause those effects Ray is referring to. If you search the forum for "succinic pregnenolone" or "succinate pregnenolone" (no quotes when you search) you should be able to find his quotes on succinic acid being beneficial."

Sheik

Years ago I bought a bottle of SolBan and it made my skin feel so nice. I loved it. So around a year ago I bought a bottle for someone as a gift and when I tried it, the effect was gone. Does anyone know what was causing the nice effect, and why the recent bottle doesn't have it? @haidut

Smelly5

Does this have any application to absorb aspirin into the body and not just benefit the skin?
Someone with an ulcer or other reason they cant take aspirin, could use this as a way to absorb aspirin through the skin and still get its benefits?