A new theory on hair loss - why Hair is never truly dead and bald men can regrow their hair back naturally

pushkin

Perhaps there are few longhaired yet balding male celebs is because they KNOW that their hair is thinning so they don't grow it out long. Woody Harrelson started going bald in the mid 1980s and never grew his hair out long because he knew it would look ridiculous.

My husband is bald on top and grew his hair out during lockdown and it looks ridiculous. It is at his shoulders now and thick and curly. Nothing on top. Yep, I think you don't see males with a bald patch and long hair out in public because it doesn't go down well. His friends ridicule him endlessly.

grapes

Yeah balding long hair looks ridiculous that's why we don't see much of it. However I'm under impression that when I buzz my hair (around 2cm) my hairloss increases in the period after that.

johnwester130

I am familiar with this theory but how are we the only species that deals with this? - no other mammal seems to suffer from 5AR-DHT theory hair loss in the wild

No other mammal species has that issue exclusive to males. Male and female mammalian hair loss is experienced at the same rate when stress is involved - humans seem to defy all that is logical in the animal kingdom if this theory is true

How do the vast majority of homeless men all have the same good hair genetics ? Are these genetics that save the hair of males the same genetics that make them homeless as well ?

Then you need to read the aldosterone/cortisol theory of baldness by Travis.

He explains everything and reccomended spironolactone or eplerenone to regrow hair.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Some women do go bald. I see grandma's at times with alopecia at the top of their scalp. Also different diseases with androgenic endocrinological implications can cause women to experience hair loss, or steroid use AFAIK
Two women I am friends with lost their hair starting in their 30s. Overall it got thinner and thinner. One woman bought some wigs. The other woman is a wonderful person whose personality overcomes the odd scalp and sparse hairs. I agree that some androgenic endocrinological problems must be present. One of them did have an enlarged thyroid for a time.

I subscribe to the scalp tension theory of hair loss, which would explain why native Americans who lived a traditional lifestyle had such great hair. That goes for many tribal populations around the world. Things as seemingly simple as the way we sit and walk are very important. Their posture was likely flawless.
There might be something to genetics…my father has some native american ancestry, but also Norwegian and french (strange combo I know) and he still has a thick head of hair although it’s white now.. Native americans came from Asia originally and I haven’t seen many (if any) bald Asian guys.

GreekDemiGod

Can't we have a topical DHT blocker that has no systemic effect, only a localized one?
Seems to me like the "DHT does not cause hairloss" theory is cope after all. It definitely can and blocking it can definitely regrow.

I would say that your assertions are pretty accurate. I got a short haircut on Wednesday out of impulse. I miss my hair and I also shaved my beard completly off so they could grow back out together. I felt more quick witted, calmer, a little less pain overall, more balance and just liked the way the beard and head hair shaped my face. Will be growing it back out again!

Xemnoraq

You may, just an ever so slightly super rare possibility, you may, you may just have it backwards.

Perhaps there are few longhaired yet balding male celebs is because they KNOW that their hair is thinning so they don't grow it out long. Woody Harrelson started going bald in the mid 1980s and never grew his hair out long because he knew it would look ridiculous.

On the other hand, the celebs that have long hair do so because they know it is thick. And one other thing is that some rock stars have been known to utilize weaves and artificial methods of making their hair look thick.
I almost wonder if alot of rockstars kept their hair because of the low serotonin "fun" free unstructured lifestyle or the heavy use of anti serotonin drugs like lsd? who knows, haha to the OP @JamesGatz , i think when you are balding it looks better to just shave it off cause it looks retarted to try and grow it long with a brutal widows peak or no hair on top, however, i will say that ever since growing my hair out i have felt that it has done some good for my hair, i took a picture of my forehead before growing it out and its hard to say but it almost looks like ive regrown some hair slightly, we'll see, it would be interesting to explore the metabolic idea of long hair because i do think or am open to the idea that long hair could have some sort of metabolic or biological signifigance who knows

Xemnoraq

I almost wonder if alot of rockstars kept their hair because of the low serotonin "fun" free unstructured lifestyle or the heavy use of anti serotonin drugs like lsd? who knows, haha to the OP @JamesGatz , i think when you are balding it looks better to just shave it off cause it looks retarted to try and grow it long with a brutal widows peak or no hair on top, however, i will say that ever since growing my hair out i have felt that it has done some good for my hair, i took a picture of my forehead before growing it out and its hard to say but it almost looks like ive regrown some hair slightly, we'll see, it would be interesting to explore the metabolic idea of long hair because i do think or am open to the idea that long hair could have some sort of metabolic or biological signifigance who knows
But another thing to add, i live in Canada, and never in my entire life have i seen a pureblood native go bald, even the ones that are morbidly obese and alcoholics or eating the worst possible food having the worst possible life style,

I will repeat i have not seen one single bald native person in all my 26 years of life,

We should focus on that and find out what it is about them that protects them.

Could be the high gelatin glycine natural diets eating organ meats for years, now alot of them eat like ***t but only a few generations ago they were eating way better than the english peasants eating bread and grains so maybe epigenetics are involved, im assuming you health has better chances if your grandparents were raised on a natural diet vs the peasant diet,

But i do also wonder if growing your hair out has a positive effect on hair growth? As in maybe cutting the hair sends out stress signals? Who knows,

Native cultures were also heavy consumers of tobacco from what weve been told to add to your point @JamesGatz about smoking a cigarette for raising dht, so who knows right,

Natural animal based diet low or no grains gelatin no garbage, and antiestrogenic herbs like tobacco maybe that combined over years gave them good health.

However it should be noted that tobacco nowadays seems to be a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, in my experience i completely ****88 up my blood flow and circulation from smoking, now i do it once in a while and i use a targuard to block the smoke toxins, but once in a while gives that nice little oomph, no need for chronic use but the tobacco today is not the same tobacco the natives smoked,

Which is why ive been interested in growing my own so if anybody has any suggestions on that feel free to shoot!

Cloudhands

i like where youre going with this, but i think the long hair is spuriously correlated to not balding, not causitive. I think the association is that most men with long hair are anti authority. Cutting hair is essentially a form of mutilation. People who dont feel the need to fit in like a brick in the wall tend to be low stress, less worried individuals. Ive also seen short haired males not go bald, and long haired mails thinning. The people i know who have the worst balding issues are high strung, high maintenence individuals.
Like the saying goes

"Long Hair,
Dont Care"

ChadGPT

1654361793790.jpeg

Long hair didn’t help Devin Townsend

Atman

I usually don't respond to the endless number of hairloss threads which are a polluting this forum, but this one has at least an original, though very speculative idea.

One mechanism which I could think of and which could support this hypothesis, is that longer hair puts a heavier strain on the scalp because of its weight. When you walk around and move your head this strain rhythmically changes its direction and amplitude, thereby acting like a soft massage to the scalp, which could stimulate and improve circulation.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

BTW my hair and beard are both long now and IVE ONLY GOTTEN MORE POWERFUL

Any girl who tells you boys look better with short hair LIES BECAUSE they know they can only CONTROL YOU if you are high serotonin so they make you shave the head

WHAT DOES THE MILITARY DO TO MEN THE FIRST THING YOU SIGN UP???

SHAVE YOUR HEAD

422D3402-C5C2-40DD-8337-A51AFAB95AF4.jpeg

THEY KNOW long hair and long beard makes you low serotonin and thats NO GOOD for the military and for the females who want to CONTROL YOU

WHERE IS THE LIE??? NOWHERE

Any girl who tells you boys look better with short hair LIES BECAUSE they know they can only CONTROL YOU if you are high serotonin so they make you shave the head

SHAVE YOUR HEAD

View attachment 41364

THEY KNOW long hair and long beard makes you low serotonin and thats NO GOOD for the military and for the females who want to CONTROL YOU

I got it cut in the end of May similar to that and I hated it. I made the decision out of impulse and wanting to appease certain people. It’s getting long again and the beard is as well but I’ll take it as a rite of passage.

Risingfire

SHAVE YOUR HEAD

View attachment 41364

wut?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I got it cut in the end of May similar to that and I hated it. I made the decision out of impulse and wanting to appease certain people. It’s getting long again and the beard is as well but I’ll take it as a rite of passage.
Definitely man - society isn't USED TO seeing men low-serotonin so they encourage men to do things to keep them in a serotonergic state - Girls get JEALOUS and INTIMIDATED when they see you grow long hair and they see your mental power get stronger so they say keep your hair short so they remain in control

laleto12

SHAVE YOUR HEAD

View attachment 41364

post pic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals