A new theory on hair loss - why Hair is never truly dead and bald men can regrow their hair back naturally

Peating Force

My 2 cents.
Since starting peating (abuse of coconut oil & carrots mostly) my hair is growing back, first I see reaaally small and thin hairs appearing then it's getting thicker and more small&thin appear. Been doing that for a year or so. The result : I definitely have more hair but I'm still a long way from recovery. It took 10 years to lose it to the current state so I guess I can't expect anything crazy in 1. I should be more regular on the microneedling too I guess (quite dropped it).
I'm also a lifter and stopped creatine in the meantime... (wish I could use it back tho)

But I'm a metalhead and I can say my long hair never protected me from losing it, as do many of my friends.

lvysaur

What I don't understand is - if hair is generally accepted as a metabolic pro on this forum - wouldn't it make sense for it to make a difference ? Every male celebrity I have ever seen with long hair 9/10 times has no balding

1200px-Jason_Momoa_(43055621224)_(cropped).jpg

816f09fb43c55ba91c83dcf086db9d3a.jpg
Part of me wonders if "superhuman" looking guys like these don't just have a long path of low-stress epigenetics in their family history

Jason Momoa's dad is Native Hawaiian, and probably lived a low stress life in Hawaii. His mother was white from Iowa
Chris Hemsworth's dad was a social worker, his mom a teacher

There's a post from haidut confirming that men who grow taller from eating a "western" diet, also have taller children, even when those children do not eat the same diet.

L

Lord Cola

If you've ever seen serious male pattern baldness you can see the top part is completely barren, and realistically there is nothing you can do to grow it all back. Maybe a few strands might sprout here and there following some convoluted protocol, but at that point you are letting your obsession over hair excessively influence your life, and it would be better to simply accept that you are bald. When I see guys with shiny bald heads, basically past the point of no return, I don't think twice about it and it doesn't repulse me as long as they take care of themselves. It's not a big deal.

Mossy

Part of me wonders if "superhuman" looking guys like these don't just have a long path of low-stress epigenetics in their family history

Jason Momoa's dad is Native Hawaiian, and probably lived a low stress life in Hawaii. His mother was white from Iowa

There's a post from haidut confirming that men who grow taller from eating a "western" diet, also have taller children, even when those children do not eat the same diet.
I understand the need to want to find answers, but I don't think there is such as thing as a low-stress life: "Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward." How one deals with the stress is probably the most important factor; and each of us is starting from a particular hormonal baseline that would seem to be a determiner of our capacity for stress. No doubt we can work on boosting this, which is what forums like this are for, but most of us have taken an onslaught of stress, and therefore damage, before we've even started looking for answers. I think the short answer is some people are blessed from birth; the longer answer, as we all know, consists of massive amounts of trial and error, speculation, hypotheses, research, praying, etc. The moral of the story being: keep trying, but keep that in perspective with your own limitations.

My father is very tall and raised on a western diet. I'm technically not "tall", though very close. Anecdotal, no doubt, but worth sharing.

AdrianPo

If you've ever seen serious male pattern baldness you can see the top part is completely barren, and realistically there is nothing you can do to grow it all back. Maybe a few strands might sprout here and there following some convoluted protocol, but at that point you are letting your obsession over hair excessively influence your life, and it would be better to simply accept that you are bald. When I see guys with shiny bald heads, basically past the point of no return, I don't think twice about it and it doesn't repulse me as long as they take care of themselves. It's not a big deal.
Wounds can make hair regrow even on completely bald areas.

OccamzRazer

Does this case have any practical meaning or aplication ... NO
I saw people with burned scalps ...ugly and alas, no hair
I wonder if heating the scalp to a slightly uncomfortable point could regrow hair in the same way...or if scarring is needed.

AdrianPo

Does this case have any practical meaning or aplication ... NO
I saw people with burned scalps ...ugly and alas, no hair
Microwounding acts on the same principle...

Apple

I wonder if heating the scalp to a slightly uncomfortable point could regrow hair in the same way...or if scarring is needed.
People have been rubbing ***t on their scalps since pharaohs times :))
I used dermaroller for a year ... zero regrowth. Don't believe those fake yuotubers

AdrianPo

People have been rubbing ***t on their scalps since pharaohs times :))
I used dermaroller for a year ... zero regrowth. Don't believe those fake yuotubers
Just whack your head with a burning log...

Attachments

• descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 10

Hairfedup

I've seen this cultural "low stress" argument on the forum for a while and it makes me laugh. Native, old world cultures are rife with sexual abuse and incest particularly sex-biased toward males. Seems pretty stressful to me. A while back someone mentioned Indians as having great hair because of their "stress free culture". Hogwash. Probably the most stressful culture in the world along with west-Africans, Pashtuns, and Egyptians.

It isn't about being stress free, but about inducing sociopathy to the point where there's barely any feeling left. Most of you on this forum know little about ethnic cultures. I've lived it.

YourUniverse

We are the only species that will continually do things that slowly kill us (as opposed to quickly kill us, like getting eaten), because our feelings and instincts have been severed, or at least compartmentalized away, from our neocortex, and because we are able to make cost/benefit analyses on future-oriented goals.

mrchibbs

I just remembered a very interesting quote in Peat's book "nutrition for women", which further adds to my thesis on why women generally don't go bald (yet, lol):

We are seeing an increase in women with MPB, a lot of young women have receding temples, but more than that, anytime there's ovarian failure of some kind or some PCOS pathology, you see the exact same type of aggressive baldness you see in men.

By virtue of their crucial role in reproduction, fertile women are virtually protected from visible hair loss because their cyclical surges in progesterone stop the inflammatory patterns which wreck hair cycles and cause fibrosis in the scalp of men.

It's a drawn out process which happens over many years, and by the same token, men who are exposed to traditional lifestyle and food (like the first nations until a few decades ago) typically have high levels of protective DHEA/Testosterone/DHT which are all good for hair and vitality.

The big problem is the transgenerational effects, it's getting worse each generation and the epigenetic effects are harder and harder to compensate, which is leading to early teens going bad, something unheard of in history.

A

Adf

Tbh hair loss can be caused by any number of things. Radiofrequencies and energies emitted from electric technologies for instance, could be a potential reason for human baldness, and even the chimps/bears in the zoo. The zoos all have lights and other electric machines.

All the foods we eat with nasty crap in them, the food zoo animals eat are the same foods humans eat, farmed and containing many unnatural chemicals.

And although I'm not meaning to counter the OP argument, because to me its obvious modern baldness stems from human intervention, the question "have you ever seen a bald bear/chimp in the wild?" argument just does not work imo. I don't live in the wild, I've never seen ANY chimp/bear in the wild. I have nothing to compare it too. Maybe 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000, or 1 in 10,000 wild bears/chimps are bald? I wouldn't know, I don't live in the wild. Just because we don't see them displayed on the media's portrayal of the wild, doesn't mean they don't exist in the wild.

Ismail

My 2 cents.
Since starting peating (abuse of coconut oil & carrots mostly) my hair is growing back, first I see reaaally small and thin hairs appearing then it's getting thicker and more small&thin appear. Been doing that for a year or so. The result : I definitely have more hair but I'm still a long way from recovery. It took 10 years to lose it to the current state so I guess I can't expect anything crazy in 1. I should be more regular on the microneedling too I guess (quite dropped it).
I'm also a lifter and stopped creatine in the meantime... (wish I could use it back tho)

But I'm a metalhead and I can say my long hair never protected me from losing it, as do many of my friends.
Why did you stop creatine?

Ismail

Never saw a definitive answer to the hair loss question so don't want to take the risk while trying to recover it.
Thank you for the response, that makes sense, I kinda did the same thing to be honest, never got a convincing enough of answer.

lvysaur

A while back someone mentioned Indians as having great hair because of their "stress free culture". Hogwash. Probably the most stressful culture in the world along with west-Africans, Pashtuns, and Egyptians.
pretty sure Hawaii is different from those places

Hairfedup

pretty sure Hawaii is different from those places

Hawaiians form a clade with other pacific islanders originally hailing from Austronesia - anyone with a solid background in anthropology would tell you of the sex abuse against boys rife within these cultures/communities hence the ever presence of alcoholism, substance abuse and domestic violence. Any social work org in Hawaii would tell you the same. Well maybe not so directly, but implicitly. Really, no offence but you didn't really think that Hawaaians/Islanders have some kind of utopic lifestyle or culture right? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Jon2547

Every male celebrity I have ever seen with long hair 9/10 times has no balding
You may, just an ever so slightly super rare possibility, you may, you may just have it backwards.

Perhaps there are few longhaired yet balding male celebs is because they KNOW that their hair is thinning so they don't grow it out long. Woody Harrelson started going bald in the mid 1980s and never grew his hair out long because he knew it would look ridiculous.

On the other hand, the celebs that have long hair do so because they know it is thick. And one other thing is that some rock stars have been known to utilize weaves and artificial methods of making their hair look thick.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals