A new theory on hair loss - why Hair is never truly dead and bald men can regrow their hair back naturally

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Cool someone bringing logic to OP’s ideas. Outdoors , earth grounding, active lifestyle, carefree (in a way) mindset , etc etc. These factors all make sense but these aren’t your suggestions so nothing new. In this case healthy hair is a product of those factors, of which many homeless may enjoy, but not of being homeless itself… and certainly not by letting your hair grow and not touching it. IMO homeless are mostly forbidden from sedentary lifestyles and this , along with plenty of sun and exposure to natural elements , would account for hair health.
But once again

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY WE ARE THE ONLY SPECIES where males are rampantly experiencing hair loss and females are not - females and males are largely living the same lifestyle and in the wild BOTH males and females bald at the same rate when introduced to stress. If it was because females naturally had higher amounts of progesterone you would expect this same logic to apply to at least one other mammalian species right ? How much do we have in common with primates ? Quiet a bit

So how does this logic work ? Are females secretly grounding ? There are other factors at play here

OccamzRazer

To stick with the original post/concept, I think males may notice that they've been trapped in society's 'zoo' moreso than females (on average).

At the same time, they feel powerless to escape such a prison.

That's a bad, bad combo for hair.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Female Rhesus monkeys lose hair MORE than males during times of stress - theres some factor occuring large-scale that females are doing that males are not that people want to throw away as conspiracy - it is simply not possible - men bald WAY more than women and its not even close. This is not natural. We all live in the same cities

Gânico

I don't think long hair protects you from baldness, although i like it. I think the reason why females don't go bald (yet) it's because they have more protective hormones like progesterone, might explain why nowadays they tend to have better facial structure than males as well.
I just remembered a very interesting quote in Peat's book "nutrition for women", which further adds to my thesis on why women generally don't go bald (yet, lol):

"
Women are not distinguished from men only by having more
estrogen, as many people (including doctors) seem to believe.
Quantitatively, progesterone is the main female hormone, and
progesterone improves brain structure and function. The primary
male hormone, testosterone, has chemical and functional
properties of both estrogen and progesterone; this combined
function gives males a short-term stability (fewer goiters,
migraines, etc.) but a lack of adaptiveness in the longer range
(higher mortality in infancy and old age).
"

Last edited:

Grapelander

A Complete Hand Book Of Nature Cure (1991) CHAPTER 17 'FALLING OF HAIR'
Hair is made of protein and adequate protein is necessary for luxuriant hair. Women require 60 grams, men 80 to 90, adolescent boys and girls 80 to 100 grams of protein. It is supplied by milk, buttermilk, yogurt, soya bean, eggs, cheese, meat and fish. A lack of vitamin A may cause the hair to be coarse and ugly. A deficiency of some of the 8 vitamins, of iron, copper and iodine may cause hair disorders like falling of hair and premature greying.

Lack of inositol causes loss of hair. Any person having trouble with his or her hair should eat foods rich in inositol such as yeast, liver and molasses. Research has, however, shown that women have a low requirement of inositol. Although this vitamin may help to stimulate the growth of a woman's hair, its lack is probably not a major cause of slow growth. Women are generally deficient in iodine and vitamin B1, either of which can slow down circulation to the scalp to such an extent that hair may fall out and new hair grow in very slowly. Women who keep their diets adequate in iodine, the B vitamins and iron have a better growth of hair.

According to Adelle Davis, a world famous nutritionist, "Increasing the intake of protein, particularly of liver, wheat germ and yeast, and supplementing the diet with a teaspoon of inositol daily usually stops a man's hair from falling, and I have seen three or four persons whose hair became thick after these improvements were made." Persons with a tendency to lose hair should thus take a well balanced and correct diet, made up of foods which in combination should supply all the essential nutrients.

It has been found that a diet which contains liberal quantities of:
(i) seeds, nuts and grains,
(ii) vegetables, and
(iii) fruits would provide adequate amounts of all the essential nutrients.
Each food group should roughly form the bulk of one of the three principal meals. These foods should, however, be supplemented with certain special foods such as milk, vegetable oils, honey, wheat germ, yeast and liver.

Mossy

...supplementing the diet with a teaspoon of inositol daily usually stops a man's hair from falling.
If anyone tries this, I'd be curious as to any effects they get, in addition to those for hair.

Both inositol, and progesterone, at least two supplements on this thread touting hair benefits, either neuter me or give me what I'll call a non-androgenic libido (i.e. a sporadic, estrogen driven libido that just feels annoying).

Apple

A bit more bro-science...
I just travelled with several japanese guys next to me, I would say 50- 55yo. All of them had wirelike thick hair with hairline going through the middle of the forhead, very impressive.
While I oredered coffee they all asked for green tea. ( it improves ratio igf-1/igfbp-3 same as finasteride does or alcohol )
And we all know that rice ( especially brown rice) has finasteride like effect assuming the japanese eat rice :)

Last edited:

aniciete

A bit more bro-science...
I just travelled with several japanese guys next to me, I would say 50- 55yo. All of them had wirelike thick hair with hairline going through the middle of the forhead, very impressive.
While I oredered coffee they all asked for green tea. ( it improves ratio igf-1/igfbp-3 same as finasteride does or alcohol )
Isn’t green tea a dht blocker?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

And then rock bands also seem to completely immune to hair loss - KISS never went bald

View attachment 33721View attachment 33720

Ledd Zepelin never went bald either - I can't find any bald rock bands - they all seem to have full heads of hair when they had it long

View attachment 33723

Gene Simmons Age 72 - kept his long hair and still no balding:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akeN-tteH48&ab_channel=OK%21Magazine

Paul Stanley - age 70 - kept his long hair and still no balding:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUjGtFrlQZ4&ab_channel=SuperKiss1300

Ace Frehley - age 70 - kept his long hair and still no balding

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPNZRZZlnA&ab_channel=Loudwire

Grapelander

Hair loss and Masculinity in Ancient Rome
Seneca interestingly adds to this discourse when discussing the moral depravity of contemporary women. The philosopher claims that whereas Hippocrates (a 5th century BC Greek medical writer) remarked that women never lost their hair or suffered pain in the feet, nowadays “they run short of hair and are afflicted with gout” (Epistle 95). The reason, Seneca writes, is that women are acting like men: staying up late, drinking too much, wrestling, partying and having too much sex. By acting in an extravagant way, in Seneca’s eyes, such women are thus condemned to suffer the diseases of men, losing the privileges they previously had. Balding is thus configured as a particularly masculine affliction, associated – for Seneca, mind – more with lifestyle, rather than ‘gender’.

head.jpg

D

Doer

And we all know that rice ( especially brown rice) has finasteride like effect assuming the japanese eat rice :)
You're implying that rice lowers dht or i am misunderstanding something?

Jonnie

And btw if anyone ever wants to perform a quick experiment:

Smoke a cigarette or drink some mexican coke - both increase DHT substantially but you will notice your hair actually becomes THICKER when you engage in these activities ... huh! A lot of these DHT-boosting activities seem to do the exact opposite for hair that hair clinics claim that DHT is the culprit for
I touched a few mg’s of micronized T base a few weeks back. I can’t even remember the last time my hair was that strong, soft and shiny.
Lasted about 3 days.

Apple

You're implying that rice lowers dht or i am misunderstanding something?
Brown rice (or bran extract) is pretty effective at blocking DHT.

Also :
Coconut oil contains a high percentage of fat from medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), primarily in the form of lauric acid, which has been shown to block DHT production in test-tube and animal studies when provided orally.

D

Doer

Brown rice (or bran extract) is pretty effective at blocking DHT.

Also :
Coconut oil contains a high percentage of fat from medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), primarily in the form of lauric acid, which has been shown to block DHT production in test-tube and animal studies when provided orally.
Do you think white rice also has this DHT blocking effect, but at a smaller scale or its safe for consumption?

lvysaur

And if you look at male celebs with long hair vs without - their skin glows more with long hair which to me looks like Higher progesterone - I think possibly the body has more progesterone when the hair is longer

Hair is an electrical conductor and I discussed in a thread how holding certain conductive metals increases progesterone
I'm not necessarily endorsing your theory but it's true that hair is alive rather than just dead keratin.
I can feel my hair texture change with my metabolic state. Including the very ends of the hair (I have long hair). Good times = softer and less wiry-feeling

This means that there's some sort of biological signal that travels from the scalp all the way down to the end of the hair shaft.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals