Aajonus Vonderplanitz jumpstart / cliffsnotes / overview (raw, unpasteurized living)

Apple

Are all your dairy products unpasteurized? I've been wondering how much the gentle and quick modern pasteurization methods really affect the nutritional quality of the end product. Raw dairy is illegal to sell where I live.

Are you doing the baths by the way?
Do you mind me asking about your stance on butter these days ... Do you still think pasteurized butter is better than no butter at all ?
I'm only discovering aajonous now... unbelivable stuff

TheSir

Do you mind me asking about your stance on butter these days ... Do you still think pasteurized butter is better than no butter at all ?
I'm not sure, sorry. There just isn't enough information about it and the little that exists is often contradictory. I do use small amounts of pasteurized dairy still.

PopSocket

Pasteurized butter is almost as good as raw butter. I have a source for raw goat unsalted butter and I see no much difference in my health between this one and buying (good quality) pasteurized one when used for 6+ months at a time of each. It is important to have the animals grass fed of course as less pufa and more vitamins. All butter makes the skin oily and helps with wrinkles, detoxes the body. I've heard/read Aajonus talk about it. "We want to live" is his book, might have read it from there.

TheSir

Pasteurized butter is almost as good as raw butter. I have a source for raw goat unsalted butter and I see no much difference in my health between this one and buying (good quality) pasteurized one when used for 6+ months at a time of each. It is important to have the animals grass fed of course as less pufa and more vitamins. All butter makes the skin oily and helps with wrinkles, detoxes the body. I've heard/read Aajonus talk about it. "We want to live" is his book, might have read it from there.
I recall that Aajonus's stance on pasteurized fats was that they are slightly better or not quite as bad as vegetable oils, which, depending on your interpretation, might not be a particularly positive description.

PopSocket

I recall that Aajonus's stance on pasteurized fats was that they are slightly better or not quite as bad as vegetable oils, which, depending on your interpretation, might not be a particularly positive description.
I recall they still detox the body and is protective. I need to try to find the quote. Might be wrong.

One problem I have with pasteurized butter is that it is extremely high in AGEs from several studies I've read in the past years. I am not sure if this is true though or the result of false measurement methods which was a debate some time ago. So raw is for sure better, question is how much.

Apple

I found in his book this:

Raw fat, like raw butter, cleanses,lubricates, protects and fuels the body easily. Whereas heated and pasteurized fat often store as cellulite or other hard-to-use or nonutilizable waxy fat.”
I continually found that raw fats, especially unsalted raw butter, are the primary substances that dissolve andbind with toxicity, protect our cells, reverse the greatest number and most severe cases of diseases, and deliver the greatest strength and energy.

-Can you get some good from pasteurized or just all bad?
-No, that's better than eating vegetable oils, which are plastic.

Aajonus mentioned lots of times that cooking fat creates lipid peroxides and free radicals

Pasteurized and homogenized milks are nutritionally deficient foods. Pasteurized and homogenized milks create dry and coarse hair, skin, glands, and brittle bones that can easily break. Pasteurized and homogenized milks have been linked to causing osteoporosis and diabetes.
In 1984, William Campbell Douglass, Jr., M.D., presentedconsiderable clinical evidence to the world that drinking pasteurized milk resulted in degrees of osteoporosis and bone malformation, diabetes, and many other diseases. Also, he provided clinical evidence from the same sources that drinking raw milk reversed osteoporosis, bone malformation, diabetes andmany other diseases.
Studies have shown cholesterol oxidation products to cause atherosclerosis and cancer. Pasteurized milk contains cholesterol oxides and epoxides. Raw milk has none of these.

The pituitary hormone, TSH, stimulates the thyroid gland. If minute amounts of this pituitary hormone were absorbed daily from unbalanced pasteurized milk, depression of the thyroid gland could eventually result. Low thyroid function has become extremely common in the USA. Some experts estimate that fifty percent of the people over fifty years of age have some degree of low functioning thyroid.

The only “raw” cottage cheese that is available (at the time of thiswriting) is not really raw. It is heated to about 120° Fahrenheit. Many of my clients, especially women, developed thyroid sluggishness and swelling throughout the thyroid area (neck) from eating that cottagecheese.

Aajonus’s milk report can be found here. Health Benefits of Raw Diary Raw Diary is Good for you Pasteurized Dairy is harmful

Last edited:

peter88

Do you eat frozen meat? If so do you notice a difference between fresh? Frozen meats seem to give me dandruff which is something I haven’t been able to figure out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals