"Peaty" Fruits & Vegetables - Easy Step By Step Recipes (Photos)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Pectin is an almost universal additive to commercially made jams and jellies. Even when homemade, this ingredient is commonly used to ensure a consistently gelled end result.

What many homemade jam and jelly enthusiasts don’t realize, however, is that pectin is not a desirable ingredient and should be avoided when an optimally healthy condiment is the goal.”

“First, pectin can be made from corn and that usually means genetically modified corn unless the product is certified organic.

Even “all-natural” fruit versions are typically GMO based as they contain dextrose and citric acid, both corn-derived products. For example, take a look at the ingredients of Sure-Jell, a popular brand used by home canners:

Sure-Jell Ingredients: Dextrose, citric acid, fruit pectin.”

“Low sugar pectins have the same problem as regular pectin in that they typically contain GMO ingredients. Here are the ingredients of low sugar Sure-Jell: (GMO corn) dextrose, fruit pectin, fumaric acid, sodium citrate.

While a low sugar brand like Pomona’s Universal Pectin uses only 100% citrus-derived ingredients, it, unfortunately, isn’t an organic product. Citrus trees are a highly sprayed crop with all manner of pesticides including a class of pesticides called cholinesterase inhibitors, known to be highly toxic to the nervous system. When citrus fruits arrive at the factory, the entire fruit is placed into the machines doing the processing – pesticides and all!”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Last night I made Meyer’s lemon marmalade, using the same recipe that I posted above, and it was so easy and tastes like summer! 3 lemons made 4 jars of this amazing treat! With both my lemon and orange marmalades so thick, I can’t understand now why it so hard to buy one without pectin?

1705420219370.jpeg

Attachments

• 92B06156-B0CA-46E5-AE68-195A64A432B4.jpeg
    92B06156-B0CA-46E5-AE68-195A64A432B4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am addicted to these candied peels, and so is everyone else I share them with. I have made them four times now since December, and my last batch I almost quadrupled the recipe, using 11 oranges! It made about two and a half pounds of them. I am thinking to chocolate dip the ends of some, for a decadent treat!…

1706148883232.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am marinating fruit in filtered water for 24 hours, frozen blueberries, raspberries, and a whole organic orange sliced. I will drink this as my vitamin source, sweetened or unsweetened, over the course of two or three days.

1706206415587.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!
I suggest you to try candied mandarine peels too 😉😋
I will! I made my last batch of candied peels from my favorite Cara Cara pink oranges. I also made tasty ones with pink grapefruit too. Blood oranges are next!

Honeycomb

I am addicted to these candied peels, and so is everyone else I share them with. I have made them four times now since December, and my last batch I almost quadrupled the recipe, using 11 oranges! It made about two and a half pounds of them. I am thinking to chocolate dip the ends of some, for a decadent treat!…

View attachment 60753
Thank you so much for posting your recipe. I can’t wait to make them this weekend! With chocolate they are going to be so decadent!! Go for it! 😀

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you so much for posting your recipe. I can’t wait to make them this weekend! With chocolate they are going to be so decadent!! Go for it! 😀
Be sure to post a pic of yours, for us to drool over, when you make yours!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

Beatrix_

Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]
Bookmarked 🔖 :clap:

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Great ideas!
Have you considered opening an Instagram account for your recipes? There are quite a lot of pro-metabolic/Peat inspired accounts already, but there’s always potential to learn more off each other. Instagram is a great visual resource!
I did it Kate!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals