We All Scream For No Cream Ice Cream - In Minutes! (with photos)

Ynot

Here is the link to a really clever and quick, two minute ice cream, from Jennifer using frozen jackfruit!

Yum! I'm not sure I can get the frozen jackfruit but I'll keep at eye out. Thank you!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yum! I'm not sure I can get the frozen jackfruit but I'll keep at eye out. Thank you!
I sweetened mine with honey, but I think using sugar, if you want yours sweeter, would be better for the texture, or adding some other sweet fruit.

Ynot

Sorry I have to share. This is just oranges.
Made in the Ninja Creami

It's amazing! I didn't think I'd like it. But it's really lovely 😋

PXL_20230117_085531450.jpg
PXL_20230117_085131235.jpg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Last edited:

Jennifer

Here is the link to a really clever and quick, two minute ice cream, from Jennifer using frozen jackfruit!

Rinse, may I ask, have you tried using skyr in your ice cream recipe and if so, did it turn out well? I just had some Icelandic Provisions’ skyr and was thinking it might thicken up ice cream like the jackfruit but without the strong flavor.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse, may I ask, have you tried using skyr in your ice cream recipe and if so, did it turn out well? I just had some Icelandic Provisions’ skyr and was thinking it might thicken up ice cream like the jackfruit but without the strong flavor.
No I haven’t Jennifer. My vanilla ice cream recipe is legendary with my friends and family, I wouldn’t change a thing. People say it is the best vanilla ice cream they have ever had, better than Haagen Daz. I did make a frozen yogurt last week swapping out half of the milk in my recipe for this Alexandre vanilla yogurt and it was so good, topped with fresh crushed and sugar sweetened strawberries, but it would not be considered vanilla ice cream. It had a pleasant tanginess and was refreshing. I have made it before with other yogurt brands too.

Attachments

• 6A7937A0-39BB-4363-89F4-A24AF9F66CC2.jpeg
    6A7937A0-39BB-4363-89F4-A24AF9F66CC2.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 7

Jennifer

No I haven’t Jennifer. My vanilla ice cream recipe is legendary with my friends and family, I wouldn’t change a thing. People say it is the best vanilla ice cream they have ever had, better than Haagen Daz. I did make a frozen yogurt last week swapping out half of the milk in my recipe for this Alexandre vanilla yogurt and it was so good, topped with fresh crushed and sugar sweetened strawberries, but it would not be considered vanilla ice cream. It had a pleasant tanginess and was refreshing. I have made it before with other yogurt brands too.

Wonderful! Thank you. :) I haven’t been able to find an unsweetened condensed milk so I’ll try swapping out some of the milk for the skyr. Icelandic Provisions has just a hint of tartness but if I can detect it in the ice cream, I’ll pick up some raw yogurt at the farm next week to use instead. It’s made with mild cultures to be gentle on the gut so it’s not at all tangy, just thickened milk, essentially.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wonderful! Thank you. :) I haven’t been able to find an unsweetened condensed milk so I’ll try swapping out some of the milk for the skyr. Icelandic Provisions has just a hint of tartness but if I can detect it in the ice cream, I’ll pick up some raw yogurt at the farm next week to use instead. It’s made with mild cultures to be gentle on the gut so it’s not at all tangy, just thickened milk, essentially.
Before settling on my final recipe, I had really good luck thickening my ice cream with “bloomed” gelatin. Using that gelatin made scooping the ice cream straight out of the freezer easier than any other method.

Jennifer

Before settling on my final recipe, I had really good luck thickening my ice cream with “bloomed” gelatin. Using that gelatin made scooping the ice cream straight out of the freezer easier than any other method.

I can see it turning out well with an ice cream maker because it churns the base, but I’m using a blender for convenience—I want ice cream that’s ready to eat in under 5 minutes—so the gelatin didn’t work. I bloomed it, melted it in the microwave, added it to honey sweetened milk and froze it in ice cube trays overnight, and the cubes turned out rock hard.

I made ice cream with the Icelandic Provisions today and it worked perfectly! It thickened the ice cream without imparting a strong flavor and because skyr is high in protein, I found it very satiating. I added frozen berries and an all fruit jam (St. Dalfour) to sweeten it so from start to finish, I had a nutritionally complete and satiating ice cream in under 5 minutes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I can see it turning out well with an ice cream maker because it churns the base, but I’m using a blender for convenience—I want ice cream that’s ready to eat in under 5 minutes—so the gelatin didn’t work. I bloomed it, melted it in the microwave, added it to honey sweetened milk and froze it in ice cube trays overnight, and the cubes turned out rock hard.

I made ice cream with the Icelandic Provisions today and it worked perfectly! It thickened the ice cream without imparting a strong flavor and because skyr is high in protein, I found it very satiating. I added frozen berries and an all fruit jam (St. Dalfour) to sweeten it so from start to finish, I had a nutritionally complete and satiating ice cream in under 5 minutes.
i love your inventiveness and persistence Jennifer! I can see not churning the ice cream turning out rock hard as an ice cube. It needs a lot of air to fluff up, and though I blend a lot of air into mine in the blender, it needs the churning too. You need to post pics for us, of your next batch!

Jennifer

Thank you, @Rinse & rePeat. :) I’ll be sure to posts pics when I buy more skyr next week. I bought a 30 oz container of it yesterday and have already finished it. :oops

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I ran out of milk and cream for my morning coffee, so I am “roughing it” with my homemade ice cream!

Attachments

• 400091CD-9CB7-4834-92AA-00E273172530.png
    400091CD-9CB7-4834-92AA-00E273172530.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 2F911404-B3C1-4CB5-B696-33E726068F84.jpeg
    2F911404-B3C1-4CB5-B696-33E726068F84.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 12

Honeycomb

@Rinse & rePeat Thank you for the inspiration! I love this! I am only on p11 of this wonderful ice cream thread (started reading it yesterday) but I have to confess, there is now an ice cream maker currently sat in my Amazon basket 😀 Not sure how many more pics I can take before I press BUY!!!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals