People From UK, An Alternative Ice Cream Source To Haagan Dasz

raypeatclips

I have been eating haagan dasz vanilla for years now as it was the only ice cream I could find without gums or carageenan that also didn't have something weird in I didn't want like nuts. Now I've finally found an alternative! I was browsing the other day and was so surprised there finally was an ice cream at a much more reasonable price. I present to you Morrison's The Best Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream. Almost half the price of haagan dasz

Morrisons The Best Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream at Morrisons

Cornish Whole Milk, Cornish Double Cream (Milk) (18%), Sugar, Cornish Clotted Cream (Milk) (11%), Pasteurised Liquid Free Range Egg Yolk, Dried Skimmed Milk, Muscovado Sugar, Madagascan Vanilla Extract, Ground Vanilla Pods

Peater

Co-op do a nice basic RP vanilla too. Think it might be their higher end version but still own brand

denise

I'm not sure what kind of ice cream Aldi sells in the UK, but their Specially Selected Super Premium Vanilla has just 5 ingredients and is really good.

Steve123

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Co-op do a nice basic RP vanilla too. Think it might be their higher end version but still own brand

Yeah I've not noticed any "basic" ranges that don't include the bad ingredients yet, that would be ideal.

I'm not sure what kind of ice cream Aldi sells in the UK, but their Specially Selected Super Premium Vanilla has just 5 ingredients and is really good.

Interesting, thanks! Hopefully the aldi near me stocks it.

All the big shops have a 'The best' kind of range, Tesco, Sainsburys, morrisons, Waitrose, Marks all do a good ice cream..
Sainsbury's - Please enable cookies or JavaScript
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/271939684

If you can get hold of Yeo Valley Organic Vanilla ice cream its probably the best quality ice cream option out there!
https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/yeo-valley-organic-ice-cream-vanilla/569945-575574-575575

I never knew all the others had good ranges too! I think the issue might have been I only have smaller versions of the other stores near me and a big morrisons which will have more options. Thank you for providing the links to the others for everyone. Can't believe how much I've been spending on haagan dasz all this time!

Steve123

Yeah I've not noticed any "basic" ranges that don't include the bad ingredients yet, that would be ideal.

Interesting, thanks! Hopefully the aldi near me stocks it.

I never knew all the others had good ranges too! I think the issue might have been I only have smaller versions of the other stores near me and a big morrisons which will have more options. Thank you for providing the links to the others for everyone. Can't believe how much I've been spending on haagan dasz all this time!

ohh right yeah them smaller versions normally don't have too much.

I've been hesitant to go for hagen dazs because i wasn't sure about the quality of the milk/cream used.. has anyone ever said anything about that?..

Yeah you'll be surprised mate! The 'better' ranges the supermarkets sell usually have good basic ingredients! (just some i can remember below on the top of my head)..
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254267957 - Clotted Cream.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/290037415 - Double cream.

Very hard to find ice cream without gums, or cottage cheese. In the US also McConnell’s makes a safe vanilla ice cream.

Milena

I have been eating haagan dasz vanilla for years now as it was the only ice cream I could find without gums or carageenan that also didn't have something weird in I didn't want like nuts. Now I've finally found an alternative! ...
... I present to you Morrison's The Best Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream. Almost half the price of haagan dasz

Morrisons The Best Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream at Morrisons

Cornish Whole Milk, Cornish Double Cream (Milk) (18%), Sugar, Cornish Clotted Cream (Milk) (11%), Pasteurised Liquid Free Range Egg Yolk, Dried Skimmed Milk, Muscovado Sugar, Madagascan Vanilla Extract, Ground Vanilla Pods
:holysheepthey're just down the road from me. I've been buying HD only when on sale or in Farm Foods intermittent stock. :thankyoublue

L

lollipop

Very hard to find ice cream without gums, or cottage cheese. In the US also McConnell’s makes a safe vanilla ice cream.
So true. Frustrating actually. Now even the Whole Foods near me does not carry ONE single brand without guns and carrageenan. This happened even before Amazon, for over a year now.

D Man

UK people - thee best ice cream in the world is right on your doorstep ...

Roskillys ice cream (I think they are based in Cornwall) 100% organic and no bullsh1t ingredients.

Roskillys.co.uk

I used to cycle ~50 kilometres a day when living in Singapore (where believe it or not, they ship to) and This stuff was like Rocket fuel for energy.

I now live In Ireland but unfortunately it is not available here :-(

Mint choc flavour is the greater thing I have ever tasted. Ever. Ever ever.

Very hard to come by but it is worth driving to Cornwall with a fridge and stocking up

Sunny Jack

I have a hard time finding plain vanilla Haagan Dasz or alternatives in the UK. It's mostly hazelnut and other flavours. White chocolate Magnums seem okay, since they contain no soya or sunflower lecithin, which is unusual for chocolate. Still contains gums though :(

Milena

...White chocolate Magnums seem okay, since they contain no soya or sunflower lecithin, which is unusual for chocolate. Still contains gums though :(
For this reason I've managed to resist my FAVOURITE. HD is often on sale at Tescos nowadays. They've started down the slippery slope to competing with the cheap brands - regular eggs instead of free-range will just be the beginning.

D Man

Yup as soon as General Mills touches anything it turns to ***t. When Buffet bought Haagen Daaz I remember thinking, another great product ruined. Sigh

Local organic suppliers are best.

Even better - Buy an ice cream maker for around 25o bucks and make your own.

Organic Ingredients easy to come by:

Milk
Egg
Vanilla
Mint
Chocolate
whatever the hell you want
Coconut Oil

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom