Ray Peat Ice Cream Recipe

factosauras

Just looked over this recipe and the original peat recipe would have...about 500 calories of fat per cup. wtf.

Birdie

We use vanilla H-Dz now. I use a demitasse for mine.

Mr Birdie takes greek yogurt, daisy cottage cheese, and the H-Dz together. Adds coffee and maple syrup.
That doesn't appeal to me, but is close to what Ray recommended. Idea is to add protein.

It does adjust the calories if you still have the same sized bowl. If we have fruit, that's added too.

If I spend the time making Peat's recipe, I just want to eat more !! So, I had to quit that...

factosauras

Haagen Das is also pretty high in fat. I've gone through periods where I ate a lot of vanilla haagen das and it always caused some kind of inflammatory reaction in higher quantities, because of the extremely high sat. fat content. I prefer using frozen yogurt, which has about 2.5 g fat per serving, and and about 5g protein.

Do you think the Bovine Growth Hormone might play a part in that? :cool:

Birdie

Tonight Mr B is mixing fruit puree, plain greek yogurt, and maple syrup together.
Then, putting HD on top.

I'll have my demitasse straight with maple syrup on top.
Ray's recipe is healthier, I know, but I do Ray Peat Light.

factosauras

I definitely don't think his is healthier. As I said a few posts back, you would be getting between 400-500 pure saturated fat calories for every cup of ice cream. Kinda seems like a lot to me...~25g fat per half cup. I think a lot of the inflammatory reaction from high sat. fat content comes for lps importation through the intestinal wall, so maybe if you have a relatively clean bowel higher fat contents wouldn't be as problematic, as it seems they aren't in peat's case.

halken

I made this last night and it has icy crystals.

:|

I put it in a container where there was an inch space between the ice cream and the lid when I put it in the freezer. Maybe there was some kind of deposition process within that space? Should I seal the ice cream next time?

Tastes good though!

johnwester130

is this an awful idea ?

melt down a tub of haagen daaz

melt down coconut oil

add in fruit flavouring to the coconut oil

mix it all back together

Dopamine

I made this recipe and it is great. Just added a touch of vanilla for flavour

chrismeyers

is this an awful idea ?

melt down a tub of haagen daaz

melt down coconut oil

add in fruit flavouring to the coconut oil

mix it all back together
Honestly, just eat the ice cream and swig the coconut oil after or later. There is no good reason to melt down the ice cream. Thats a lot of work for nothing.

humpty-dumpty

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans milk is for humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!" --Dr Michael Klaper MD

tyler

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans milk is for humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!" --Dr Michael Klaper MD
The rationale for vegan ideologies cracks me up. It reminds me of the logic behind "bro science" in the bodybuilding scene, except in the nutrition scene.

humpty-dumpty

A study of over 1.700 Swedish men indicates that consumption of fruits and vegetables was associated with a decreased risk of heart disease, but only when combined with full-fat dairy consumption.

humpty-dumpty

The rationale for vegan ideologies cracks me up. It reminds me of the logic behind "bro science" in the bodybuilding scene, except in the nutrition scene.
Tyler I hope you don't think I am a vegan because of my post about milk, I am not a vegan. I thought of myself turning
into a 400 lb cow.

Overton

"I blend an egg (warmed to 40 degrees C) with a cup of sugar (also warmed) and a cup of coconut oil until it's smoothly emulsified, and maybe half a cup of powdered milk for extra texture, then add milk to fill the blender (total volume a little over a liter), with strong coffee or orange juice for flavor, or other fruit or vanilla, etc. The high oil content, and powdered milk, make it freeze without crystallizing, so the ice cream machine isn't necessary."--Ray Peat
Anyone still making this lately? Would there be any reason not to just heat everything including the milk and egg gently in a pot before freezing? Seems easier to me than doing some in pot some on blender.

Birdie

You don't want to heat the milk. Egg is slightly warmed but not cooked. I did it all in the blender. Milk was cold. Flavoring was cold. All done in blender. All in the order and temperature Ray suggested.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals