Raw Liver Smoothie

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by 4peatssake, Jun 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. paymanz

paymanz Member

thanks for all replys ,it is so scary.

@aussiedownunder sorry to hear that,was you successful removing that infection?

the real scary thing about it is Toxocara canis infection.sometimes i eat underdone livers.its strange if those parasites can withstand that temperatures!

2. aussiedownunder

aussiedownunder Member

Hi Paymanz, No I didn't treat the infection as it took a while to diagnose. :((

3. ddjd

ddjd Member

less nutrients once its cooked

i eat raw beef liver all the time. its ridiculously creamy. i find its actually by cooking liver that it taste terrible.

great idea to put raw liver it in a smoothie, more nutrients than cooked and i think it would make it even more palatable. i need to try this!

4. ddjd

ddjd Member

how common is this Toxocara canis thing? i also have been eating raw liver for years without issues but now im worried lol

5. Auslander

Auslander Member

Liver smoothie is a bad idea

1. Many foods liver included need stomach digestion to be properly processed later on. Liqifying it may seem super clever, but it hampers the digestion by largely skipping the stomach portion.

2. The recipe has too many items that dont go together and require vastly different enzymes to be processed. Your body won’t know what to do with that awful mixture.