Egg-based desserts

Amazoniac

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146389-g ... ldren-love
This is my homemade purin.
This will definitely meet your expectations! It's very delicious.
Without exception, all people who have eaten this love it.

Please strain Step 9 very thoroughly with a strainer.
Please make sure that the ice water in Step 10 stays cold. Recipe by Chisora

Ingredients
1 tbsp ◎Gelatin powder
4 tbsp ◎Water
4 Egg yolks
70 grams Sugar
400 ml Milk
100 ml Fresh cream
12 drops Vanilla extract
1 drop (or more) pboy

Method:
  1. Put the ◎ ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Let sit for about 15 minutes to soften the gelatin.
  2. Once you made the caramel sauce, evenly pour it into the ramekins straight away and set them aside.
  3. Put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, then use a whisk to mix them together.
  4. Put 1 and 1/4 cup of the milk in a small saucepan and put it on high heat. Just before it reaches its boiling point, turn off the heat.
  5. Add the milk from Step 4 to the bowl from Step 3 little by little, mixing gently with the whisk between additions.
  6. Pour the mixture from Step 5 back into the saucepan and simmer it on low heat. Stir the mixture constantly with a spatula so that the egg yolks do not cook separately, and heat it until the mixture starts to thicken.
  7. Gradually, the bubbles on the surface will disappear. Scoop up a bit of mixture with a spatula and trace a finger through it. Once the finger mark remains on the spatula, turn off the heat.
  8. While it is still hot, add the gelatin from Step 1 and mix it in quickly to dissolve it.
  9. Using a strainer and a spatula, strain Step 8 well into a bowl.
  10. Place the bowl from Step 9 in a bowlful of ice water and use the spatula to stir the mixture. It will gradually thicken.
  11. Once it has thickened, add the remaining 3/4 cup of milk and heavy cream. Add the vanilla extract last and mix gently.
  12. Pour Step 11 into the ramekins from Step 2.
  13. Remove any bubbles floating on the surface with a spoon.
  14. Line up the ramekins in something like a shallow tray and place them in the fridge. Chill them for 2 or 3 hours so they harden.
  15. Once they've hardened, remove them from the fridge. Use a wet fingertip to gently press down on the edge of the custard pudding to make a space between it and the ramekin.
  16. Slide the pudding on to a plate by turning it upside down.

All done!
Make Panna cotta with the leftover egg whites and heavy cream
Simple How about baked custard pudding?

jyb

Pana cotta has to be one of my favourite desserts of all times with as bonus no offensive ingredients such gluten commonly found in desserts.

XPlus

This looks very promising :drool

answersfound

Should the pboy be USDA organic?

jyb

You can look into lemon curd as an egg-based desert. I find it can be done with a slow cooker if you don't like the standard methods suggested online. And depending on your needs, adding as much butter and/or sugar as you can possibly handle in a meal. It doesn't take long to make other than the refrigeration, though I just eat it warm straight away.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

jyb said:
post 98656 You can look into lemon curd as an egg-based desert. Can be done with a slow cooker if you don't like the method suggested online. And depending on your needs, adding as much butter and/or sugar as you can possibly handle.

You are the master of desserts. Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

jyb said:
post 98656 You can look into lemon curd as an egg-based desert. I find it can be done with a slow cooker if you don't like the standard methods suggested online. And depending on your needs, adding as much butter and/or sugar as you can possibly handle in a meal. It doesn't take long to make other than the refrigeration, though I just eat it warm straight away.

As the master of desserts, do you know of any that requires raw egg yolks + gelatin?

Edit: that was too easy. Haha. Forgot to mention that it mustn't use milk..

jyb

I'm sure there's a way to make pana cota without milk. I've only ever eaten pana from the restaurant so no experience cooking it yet.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:

Like for ice cream, one can just decrease the egg yolks to cream ratio to get closer to the dairy fatty acid profile.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
post 98676 Cream is fine but not milk?

In relative terms, there's negligible fat in milk. Well, I suppose that depends what cream you're using.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals