LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

OP
Rinse & rePeat

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwP5yD8-J8

Eight million people die every year of cancer and half of those are Americans. In the beginning of the last century 1 in 20 people got cancer to today that statistic is 1 in 3! This is a really good and shocking video!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Potatoes are the only protein which is of quality equal to egg yolk; it’s actually a little higher in quality because it contains precursors to the essential amino acids. It has more protein in effect, than it actually has in substance.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1705551031039.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Anovulation and low levels of serum progesterone have been associated with a significantly higher risk of breast cancer in premenopausal women. Use of progesterone has been linked to lower rates of uterine and colon cancers and may also be useful in treating other cancers such as ovarian, melanoma, mesothelioma, and prostate. Progesterone may also be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease and preventing and treating neurodegenerative conditions such a stroke and traumatic brain injury. Conclusions • Physicians should have no hesitation prescribing natural progesterone. The evidence is clear that progesterone does not cause breast cancer. Indeed, progesterone is protective and preventative of breast cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Am I to understand from the study below that wasabi increased the growth of some cancers, but the horseradish stopped the cell growth?…

“A reduced incidence of different types of cancer has been linked to consumption of Brassica vegetables, and there is evidence that glucosinolates (GSLs) and their hydrolysis products play a role in reducing cancer risk. Wasabi (Wasabia japonica) and horseradish (Armoracia rusticana), both Brassica vegetables, are widely used condiments both in Japanese cuisine and in the United States. Desulfosinigrin (DSS) (1) was isolated from a commercially available wasabi powder and from fresh wasabi roots. Sinigrin (2) was isolated from horseradish roots. DSS and sinigrin were evaluated for their inhibitory effects on cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzymes, on lipid peroxidation, and on the proliferation of human colon (HCT-116), breast (MCF-7), lung (NCIH460), and central nervous system (CNS, SF-268) cancer cell lines. DSS did not inhibit COX enzymes or lipid peroxidation at 250 microg/ml. Sinigrin inhibited lipid peroxidation by 71% at 250 microg/ml. However, DSS promoted the growth of HCT-116 (colon) and NCI H460 (lung) human cancer cells as determined by the MTT assay in a concentration-dependent manner. At 3.72 microg/ml, a 27% increase in the number of viable human HCT-116 colon cancer cells was observed; the corresponding increases at 7.50 and 15 microg/ml were 42 and 69%, respectively. At 60 microg/ml, DSS doubled the number of HCT-16 colon cancer cells. For NCI H460 human lung cancer cells, DSS at 60 microg/ml increased the cell number by 20%. Sinigrin showed no proliferating effect on the tumor cells tested. This is the first report of the tumor cell-proliferating activity by a desulfoglucosinolate, the biosynthetic precursor of GSLs found in Brassica spp.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A new paper, released today in Science of the Total Environment shows that cooking rice in a certain way removes over 50 per cent of the naturally occurring arsenic in brown rice, and 74 per cent in white rice. Importantly, this new method does not reduce micronutrients in the rice.

Following previous research from the University of Sheffield that found half of the rice consumed in the UK exceeded European Commission regulations for levels of arsenic in rice meant for the consumptionfor infants or young children.

This new study tested different ways to cook rice to try and reduce the arsenic content and the team from the Institute for Sustainable Food found that by using a home-friendly way of cooking rice, the ‘parboiling with absorption method’ (PBA), most of the arsenic was removed, while keeping most nutrients in the cooked rice.

The PBA method involves parboiling the rice in pre-boiled water for five minutes before draining and refreshing the water, then cooking it on a lower heat to absorb all the water.

SZEGSDBOX0nn02d1dehkipmhb31e09R_-k6ZG_1r9kgbU5rffVe1X_H2aXiFP9uL4UVfL9djb8__JIQLkqyvrC6HOyB8y-bAl81-v3YU53tktV_LbrkIP77Hpv8yME_CdjPG3dW1
Arsenic, which is classified as a Group 1 carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, is water-soluble - so it accumulates in rice, which is grown in flooded fields more than other cereals. Arsenic exposure affects almost every organ in the body and can cause skin lesions, cancer, diabetes and lung diseases.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Extensive recent testing by the FDA foundthat long grain white rice, which is what most people eat, appears to have more arsenic than medium or short grain rice, but this may be because most of the shorter grains are produced in California, which has significantly less contaminated rice paddies than those in the South, such as in Texas or Arkansas, where most of the long grain rice is grown. So, it’s less long grain versus short grain than white rice versus brown rice, as the mean concentration of inorganic arsenic in parts per billion of long grain white rice is 102.0 and 156.5 in short, medium, and long grain brown rice, as you can see at 0:54 in my video.“

“As you can see at 2:06 in my video, the arsenic found in a daily serving of white rice carries 136 times the acceptable cancer risk, but brown rice is even riskier at 162.”

It’s not what you eat, though. It’s what you absorb. The arsenic in brown rice appears to be less bioavailable than the arsenic in white rice. The texture of brown rice may cut down on the release of arsenic from the grain, or perhaps the bran in brown rice helps bind it up. Regardless, taking bioavailability into account, the difference in arsenic levels in white versus brown rice may be a third more, rather than 70 percent more, as you can see at 2:57 in my video. This estimate, however, was based on an in vitro gastrointestinal fluid system in which researchers strung together beakers and tubes to mimic our gut, with one flask containing stomach acid and another intestinal juices. What happened when it was tested in humans? Yes, “evidence suggeststhat brown rice may contain more arsenic than white rice,” but the researchers aimed to determine how much is actually absorbed by measuring the urine levels of arsenic in white-rice eaters compared with brown-rice eaters. For the arsenic to get from the rice into your bladder, it has to be absorbed through your gut into your bloodstream.

“As you can see at 3:45 in my video, the urine of thousands of American test subjects who don’t eat rice at all still contains about 8 micrograms of toxic, carcinogenic arsenic a day. It’s in the air, it’s in the water, and there’s a little bit in nearly all foods. But, eat just one food—a cup or more of white rice a day—and your arsenic exposure shoots up by 65 percent to about 13 micrograms a day.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Vitamin D plays an important role in calcium and phosphorus absorption, making it essential for the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. More than just the 'sunshine vitamin’, it also contributes to maintaining regular muscle function and supporting your immune system.

Now, egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain naturally high amounts of vitamin D, with a serving of two eggs providing 82% of your recommended daily intake.”

https://www.australianeggs.org.au/nutrition/nutrients-and-vitamins#:~:text=More%20than%20just%20the%20'sunshine,of%20your%20recommended%20daily%20intake.

Australian Eggs Nutrient Analysis 2018
Conducted by National Measurement Institute (NMI), a division within the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science

Nutrient2018 average qty per 100g
Retinol (vitamin A)98mcg
Riboflavin0.4mg
Thiamin0.05mg
Vitamin B60.02mg
Vitamin B120.33mcg
Biotin5.2mcg
Folate88mcg
Vitamin D7.9mcg
Vitamin E1.9mg
Pantothenic acid1.07mg
Potassium131mg
Magnesium12mg
Phosphorus171mg
Iron1.8mg
Selenium28mcg
Zinc1.0mg
Iodine47mcg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Cancer researchers have become interested in this enzyme system that controls the oxidation of pyruvic acid (and thus sugar) by the mitochondria, since these enzymes are crucially defective in cancer cells (and also in diabetes). The chemical DCA, dichloroacetate, is effective against a variety of cancers, and it acts by reactivating the enzymes that oxidize pyruvic acid. Thyroid hormone, insulin, and fructose also activate these enzymes. These are the enzymes that are inactivated by excessive exposure to fatty acids, and that are involved in the progressive replacement of sugar oxidation by fat oxidation, during stress and aging, and in degenerative diseases; for example, a process that inactivates the energy-producing pyruvate dehydrogenase in Alzheimer's disease has been identified (Ishiguro, 1998). Niacinamide, by lowering free fatty acids and regulating the redox system, supporting sugar oxidation, is useful in the whole spectrum of metabolic degenerative diseases.” -Ray Peat

Honeycomb

I made the lemon version today and really enjoyed it. Quite filling! I did use a tiny bit of coconut oil, 1/4 tsp, to fry some red onion as I did not have Maui onions - in fact I had never heard of them! Maybe I can find a substitute next time. I love shiitake mushrooms. I often use them in omelettes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I made the lemon version today and really enjoyed it. Quite filling! I did use a tiny bit of coconut oil, 1/4 tsp, to fry some red onion as I did not have Maui onions - in fact I had never heard of them! Maybe I can find a substitute next time. I love shiitake mushrooms. I often use them in omelettes.
That is fantastic to hear Honeycomb! For being just broth it is satisfying. I have a shrimp idea that turned out well a weekend ago that I am going to bring to the table next. Thanks for letting me know that this one got your thumbs up! 😘

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The reason maple syrup is a great alternative sweetener is due to a molecule called quebecol. This compound is known to have antioxidant properties, which has shown to decrease the risk of many diseases and cancers. The University of Rhode Island researchers were able to find this new compound by extracting and analyzing molecules in Canadian Maple Syrup.
Further research on quebecol done at this institution suggests that the molecule is formed within the processing events that make maple sap into maple syrup. This suggests that maple syrup, through its processing, actually holds more health benefits than other maple products. Despite this, the maple extraction still shows other natural forming and antioxidant compounds, that are similar to quebecol. Either way, maple syrup is full of these compounds that contribute to many health benefits.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The darker syrup also contains more calcium and phosphorus per serving, with more than two times the total found in the Golden Color, Delicate Taste. Basically, in average, darker grades have roughly 27% more mineral contents than their lightest cousin.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Dr. Russell Blaylock: I have three books. The first one is the excitotoxin book, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills," and the latest one is "Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life." The third one is "Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients," which is directed at nutritional treatments for cancer. It contains some material about aspartame and MSG.

Excitotoxins have been found to dramatically promote cancer growth and metastasis. In fact, one aspartame researcher noticed that, when cancer cells were exposed to aspartame, they became more mobile, and you see the same effect with MSG. It also causes a cancer cell to become more mobile, and that enhances metastasis, or spread. These MSG-exposed cancer cells developed all of these pseudopodians and started moving through tissues, which is one of the earlier observations from cancer.

When you increase the glutamate level, cancer just grows like wildfire, and then when you block glutamate, it dramatically slows the growth of the cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Sugar and the minerals in fruits are fairly effective in keeping free fatty acids from being released from our tissues, and the fats we synthesize from them are saturated, and aren't likely to be stored as excess fat, because they don't suppress metabolism (as polyunsaturated fats and some amino acids do). The minerals of fruits and milk contribute to metabolic activation, and prevention of free-radical damage." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The strong flavonoid compounds in orange peels impede a cancer-causing protein (RLIP76) in the cells. While the peels are also endowed with limonene compound that averts the formation of tumour cell and lowers the risk of cancer. In addition, several pieces of evidence have disclosed anti-cancer properties of citrus peels in averting cancerous activities.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals