Parent Essential Oils And Polyunsaturated Fats

DDRB

Please ...

...Who said what you said here?

Why disprove what no one is claiming?

Show us.

And you should learn to use quotes.

That's not too hard to do and certainly not beneath your intelligence level.
I'm not targeting anyone in particular, I'm thinking of Peat and anti pufa in general, I've seen a number of people bring up this sentence on this forum..
+ Mea culpa for the slander, my mood these days makes me more hostile.

yerrag

I'm not targeting anyone in particular, I'm thinking of Peat and anti pufa in general, I've seen a number of people bring up this sentence on this forum..
+ Mea culpa for the slander, my mood these days makes me more hostile.
I understand now what you're saying. I was curious how that topic came up, but you're right that it's an argument that comes up now and then.

Whatever the reason is, not everyone, even in this forum, buy into Ray Peat's idea that all PUFAs are not needed and are harmful to us. It's not just the conventional doctors that buy into PUFA being good, as most orthomolecular doctors and even holistic doctors, including those who believe in pleomorphism and terrain theory - buy into the idea of EFAs. I even believe that Ray's ideas in this matter is a minority opinion outside of this forum.

There are also many studies that point towards EFA intake being helpful in lowering inflammation, although it's debatable whether lowering inflammation is a valid endpoint if some tradeoffs -such as immunosuppression, are not disclosed. This is just one example of the nuance involved in forming conclusions regarding PUFAs.

You brought up van der Waal's forces and I don't understand that anymore than remembering it from high school physics as charges that have a lot to do with static electricity but how it applies to our discussion is lost on me, but if you want to expound on it, I am all ears. Also, how we differ from cold-blooded animals as well as ruminants and and why we as warm-blooded animals need PUFAs is also something I'd like to learn from you.

But I have though that I'm more convinced than others that SFAs and MUFAs are all we need as lipids for our nutrition. I have personally seen my blood sugar regulation improve, my sugar metabolism improve with higher temperatures, my allergic rhinitis disappear, and my immunity from respiratory diseases such as flu go sky-high (I don't say this lightly because I had grown up very sickly till past my thirties having flu 1-2x/year), and this is mainly because I stopped taking PUFAs for 4 years and more.

While Peskin is against fish oils, he promotes the use of what he calls organic parent oils, which are omega3 and 6 oils made from seeds that are only available in temperate countries. And he calls them essential. But I can't see why they are essential when in tropical countries, such oils cannot be found and yet people have thrived all throughout history. So it doesn't make sense that now these countries would have to import parent oils in order to survive or to live long and healthy.

I apologize if I seemed to be snapping at you.

DDRB

I understand now what you're saying. I was curious how that topic came up, but you're right that it's an argument that comes up now and then.

Whatever the reason is, not everyone, even in this forum, buy into Ray Peat's idea that all PUFAs are not needed and are harmful to us. It's not just the conventional doctors that buy into PUFA being good, as most orthomolecular doctors and even holistic doctors, including those who believe in pleomorphism and terrain theory - buy into the idea of EFAs. I even believe that Ray's ideas in this matter is a minority opinion outside of this forum.
The envelope matters a lot, complete sources of omega 6 usually have enough of an anti-inflammatory component to compensate for the elevation of prostaglandins, there is also vitamin E which prevents oxidation, certain pro-metabolic compounds such as flaonoids etc. . Oils don't have this and are suspected of being inflammatory.
You brought up van der Waal's forces and I don't understand that anymore than remembering it from high school physics as charges that have a lot to do with static electricity but how it applies to our discussion is lost on me, but if you want to expound on it, I am all ears.
SFAs have a straighter hydrogen carbon chain and align more easily, the force is therefore greater and this makes the cell membranes more rigid, I'm not going to go any further because I risk saying baitises, but I I have seen a multitude of studies that link this rigidity to cardiovascular problems, liver problems, the risk of dementia, skin problems, etc.
Also, how we differ from cold-blooded animals as well as ruminants and and why we as warm-blooded animals need PUFAs is also something I'd like to learn from you.
Ruminants are used to assimilating large amounts of saturated fat because of their microbiota, there must be other reasons but I don't know.
I'm not even saying that non-ruminant animals need pufa, they are naturally quite unsaturated that's all I'm saying.
But I have though that I'm more convinced than others that SFAs and MUFAs are all we need as lipids for our nutrition. I have personally seen my blood sugar regulation improve, my sugar metabolism improve with higher temperatures, my allergic rhinitis disappear, and my immunity from respiratory diseases such as flu go sky-high (I don't say this lightly because I had grown up very sickly till past my thirties having flu 1-2x/year), and this is mainly because I stopped taking PUFAs for 4 years and more.
I have a reverse experience, but we don't have the same health problems.
While Peskin is against fish oils, he promotes the use of what he calls organic parent oils, which are omega3 and 6 oils made from seeds that are only available in temperate countries. And he calls them essential. But I can't see why they are essential when in tropical countries, such oils cannot be found and yet people have thrived all throughout history. So it doesn't make sense that now these countries would have to import parent oils in order to survive or to live long and healthy.
Tropical populations eat fish and seafood
do not apologize

Hidden49

Has anyone on this forum tried Peskins advice of adding in a few of the parent essential oils into their diets? (after they’ve been on a RP style diet)

CastorTroy

This smells like snake oil. What need there is for purchasing manufactured extracted oils, when you can naturally have nuts, olives, avocados, egg yolks... to get the omega6? Also you'll get those fats in the most untouched, unadulterated way, compared to any extraction process no matter how gentle it is.

Hidden49

This smells like snake oil. What need there is for purchasing manufactured extracted oils, when you can naturally have nuts, olives, avocados, egg yolks... to get the omega6? Also you'll get those fats in the most untouched, unadulterated way, compared to any extraction process no matter how gentle it is.
Yeah that’s a good point

Kray

There are also many studies that point towards EFA intake being helpful in lowering inflammation, although it's debatable whether lowering inflammation is a valid endpoint if some tradeoffs -such as immunosuppression, are not disclosed. This is just one example of the nuance involved in forming conclusions regarding PUFAs.

You brought up van der Waal's forces and I don't understand that anymore than remembering it from high school physics as charges that have a lot to do with static electricity but how it applies to our discussion is lost on me, but if you want to expound on it, I am all ears. Also, how we differ from cold-blooded animals as well as ruminants and and why we as warm-blooded animals need PUFAs is also something I'd like to learn from you.

yerrag-
This discussion came to an abrupt halt back in 2023- I am going to stir the pot by asking- did you ever consider conducting a 30-day experiment on Peskin's PEOs yourself? I never saw any takers from this thread. I would have at least expected some more conversation to come from it, such as eating whole food (sprouted) nuts and seeds, eating in small amounts (Peat said that sprouting has positive effects). If not concentrated, albeit unadulterated oils, what about fresh unadulterated organic nuts and seeds, as "condiments" in moderation or to taste, much like salt, pepper, and herbs?