MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Peatress posted part of an interview with Patrick Timpone, and I am now posting just this part below, to point out that commercial orange juice is not the same as the juice from good ripe oranges. If I did not have access to good ripe oranges, then I would not have orange juice ever again, and you know what I would be just as healthy with some other colorful ripe fruit. If one is experiencing poor health, maybe blame the commercial orange juice and not the sweet orange?…

“PT: So you like orange juice?

RP: Oh yeah, when good stuff is available. It should be thoroughly ripened. The commercial stuff they are used to selling unripe oranges and so if they accidentally get ripe oranges they add acetic acid to it. For example the concentrated or canned varieties very often have acid added but the acid etches the enamel off your teeth so ripe oranges are safer in every way.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Update:

I never eat yogurt because of the lactic acid and sour taste, but I have always liked the decant taste and texture of Greek yogurt. I have heard Ray Peat say on several occasions that Greek yogurt is a better choice, so I bought some last night and put my homemade Meyer’s lemon marmalade on it and it tasted like dessert! I was shocked at how much protein is in it too!

1706646067162.jpeg

1706646091584.jpeg

1706646120548.png

J.R.K

Update:

I never eat yogurt because of the lactic acid and sour taste, but I have always liked the decant taste and texture of Greek yogurt. I have heard Ray Peat say on several occasions that Greek yogurt is a better choice, so I bought some last night and put my homemade Meyer’s lemon marmalade on it and it tasted like dessert! I was shocked at how much protein is in it too!

View attachment 60950
View attachment 60951
View attachment 60952
The Greek yogurt’s I believe have some of the lactic acid removed, but I find that you now need to watch the labels for adulterants such as carrageenan, and other gums such as agar.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The Greek yogurt’s I believe have some of the lactic acid removed, but I find that you now need to watch the labels for adulterants such as carrageenan, and other gums such as agar.
All is clear with my Fage!

1706651788533.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was pretty sure it would be with your knowledge, it was more of a PSA reminder for everyone on this topic especially now in Canada. It is almost next to impossible to find a quality unadulterated product like this one.
You got it bad over there with limited sunshine, fruit and now yogurt?!

J.R.K

You got it bad over there with limited sunshine, fruit and now yogurt?!
Not just yogurt, they have carrageenan in whipping cream, chocolate milk, ice cream, and now even some marinated meats are including it, (not that I use anything in the way of processed products), but it does show how pervasive the food system has gotten to be.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Our foods usually contain enough PUFA, unavoidably, to make fats matter to some extent. After about twenty years of carefully avoiding them, I'm still getting about 2% of my fat as PUFA (beef, oysters, eggs, etc.). That's why I'm making an effort to increase my sugar intake, to displace some fat."
- Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Naturally fermented sourdough is less harmful than standard or unleavened wheat products, but any starch tends to stimulate appetite by activating fat synthesis. The same number of calories in fruit would be less fattening, and would keep your blood sugar steadier, improve your sleep and mental energy." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Many studies have found that sucrose is less fattening than starch or glucose, that is, that more calories can be consumed without gaining weight.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When the idea of "glycemic index" was being popularized by dietitians, it was already known that starch, consisting of chains of glucose molecules, had a much higher index than fructose and sucrose. The more rapid appearance of glucose in the blood stimulates more insulin, and insulin stimulates fat synthesis, when there is more glucose than can be oxidized immediately. If starch or glucose is eaten at the same time as polyunsaturated fats, which inhibit its oxidation, it will produce more fat. Many animal experiments show this, even when they are intending to show the dangers of fructose and sucrose.For example (Thresher, et al., 2000), rats were fed diets with 68% carbohydrate, 12% fat (corn oil), and 20% protein. In one group the carbohydrate was starch (cornstarch and maltodextrin, with a glucose equivalence of 10%), and in other groups it was either 68% sucrose, or 34% fructose and 34% glucose, or 34% fructose and 34% starch. (An interesting oddity, fasting triglycerides were highest in the fructose+starch group.)The weight of their fat pads (epididymal, retroperitoneal, and mesenteric) was greatest in the fructose+starch group, and least in the sucrose group.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals