FFA,Insulin And Weight Loss Questions

signalguy

I've tried searching the forum but I can't seem to wrap my brain around this. Don't we need an increase in FFA to lose weight? To put it another way, if I drank an OJ/Milk drink every two hours totaling say 1400 calories would I lose fat? I think a lot of people would say no because insulin would be constantly elevated and there would not be an opportunity to burn body fat. Is this wrong?

Daimyo

Your body is using some of the fat all the time, more when you sleep.

Will you loose fat will depend on many factors, the main one would be your BMR and your hormones.

DankMemes

When you consume enough carbs and protein and minimise fat you will increase your metabolism, which means less fat is stored and more muscle is gained. At rest(sleeping) the extra muscle mass will burn through more body fat.

An optimal hormone profile will be the key to losing body fat in a healthy way, lowering prolactin, estrogen and serotonin while elevating thyroid hormones and androgens should shed fat.

Aspirin inhibits FFA but it's also known to assist with weight loss, this is because it tips the hormones in a favourable way.

If you're only eating 1400 calories a day I imagine you wouldn't have enough calories to keep cortisol and adrenalin at bay, then estrogen will rise and androgens will fall.

Androgens will cause the body to require a higher caloric intake, so if you're restricting calories your body will take measures to down regulate mechanisms that use excess calories, at the slightest surplus your body will think "okay we haven't had a lot of calories lately I better store this as fat for the next famine". A better scenario is to provide ample carbs and keep stress hormones down then your body will have the logic of "A lack of calories is no longer a concern, so now we can increase muscle mass, increase body temps, increase cognitive function, focus on tissue healing".

My :2cents anyway.

I've been peating for about a year (still tweaking my diet) and have definitely gained weight, but I've also gained a fair bit of muscle, my acne and rosacea are gone and my digestive system isn't at a crawl. The bodyfat I have is a lot more evenly distributed as well, before it was mostly isolated to my lower abdominal area.

When you consume enough carbs and protein and minimise fat you will increase your metabolism, which means less fat is stored and more muscle is gained. At rest(sleeping) the extra muscle mass will burn through more body fat.

An optimal hormone profile will be the key to losing body fat in a healthy way, lowering prolactin, estrogen and serotonin while elevating thyroid hormones and androgens should shed fat.

Aspirin inhibits FFA but it's also known to assist with weight loss, this is because it tips the hormones in a favourable way.

If you're only eating 1400 calories a day I imagine you wouldn't have enough calories to keep cortisol and adrenalin at bay, then estrogen will rise and androgens will fall.

Androgens will cause the body to require a higher caloric intake, so if you're restricting calories your body will take measures to down regulate mechanisms that use excess calories, at the slightest surplus your body will think "okay we haven't had a lot of calories lately I better store this as fat for the next famine". A better scenario is to provide ample carbs and keep stress hormones down then your body will have the logic of "A lack of calories is no longer a concern, so now we can increase muscle mass, increase body temps, increase cognitive function, focus on tissue healing".

My :2cents anyway.

I've been peating for about a year (still tweaking my diet) and have definitely gained weight, but I've also gained a fair bit of muscle, my acne and rosacea are gone and my digestive system isn't at a crawl. The bodyfat I have is a lot more evenly distributed as well, before it was mostly isolated to my lower abdominal area.

Nice commentary.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals