Observation and conclusion : Lost weight lately…. And…i feel…..

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I've read & listened to new theories on adiposity/body fat being a sink/sponge for toxins & poisons. If this is true, losing weight by way of fat loss (ESPECIALLY QUICKLY) would then mobilize said toxins and liberate them in your blood which can make you feel terrible.

It's hard to know if this is what's happening in your instance. If it is, you'd want to ensure your liver and digestion are working optimally to help speed up the process.
Thank you

I wouldn’t say quickly
But
Suddenly

Age 43-45 ate to heal
Age 46-48 naturally lost weight slowly
Then gained then lost
Like a normal person
Then at 49
Six years into healing
Digestion kicked on so to speak
Lost weight suddenly
Felt bad
So
Actually
Maybe you are on to something

I do know:
I ate more yesterday
Over 3k
And felt better energy wise
But
Digestion feels sluggish….

HumanLife

How is your sunlight exposure? Exposure to sunlight signals energizes the body which can help digestion.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Want to tell every new person to just give it more time until it becomes your own life, your own project. Stick to the basics until your mind is ready to perceive first, then think, then act. And it comes completely naturally. You become your own Peat.
100% agree. I’m in year 10 of being here and can honestly say despite a long and winding road with some major ups and downs and a few mistakes thrown into the mix I continue to learn what I need to feel and function my best and make steady progress. I know I’ve said it before but I’m certain this forum helped saved my life. Our needs change over time so it’s important to reevaluate and adjust accordingly as needed periodically.

Rafe

I've read & listened to new theories on adiposity/body fat being a sink/sponge for toxins & poisons. If this is true, losing weight by way of fat loss (ESPECIALLY QUICKLY) would then mobilize said toxins and liberate them in your blood which can make you feel terrible.
This is a key peat idea. The PUFA is sequestered in your fat, basically protective.

So losing is itself risky for liberating toxins, yes. Going back to “get healthy & resilient, then lose.”

That’s the idea. Less clear in practice.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

How is your sunlight exposure? Exposure to sunlight signals energizes the body which can help digestion.
Less than it use to be since im back working full time.

What do you think is, not ideal or optimal- because i know I can’t meet that; but what is therapeutic?

Aymen

@Peatful i read your post, i'm much younger than you but have been strictly following peat dietary recommandations from my early twenties until now (late twenties), there were times where i dropped meat for a year and there were times when i dropped starch for 2 years, not because i don't do well with it but because i believe that someone living in the Mediterannean climate doesn't need to eat starch, if i was in a country where fruits are imported and cold weather is frequent i would switch to starch instead of fruits, so it depends on where you live, i eat around 3000-3200 calories and i don't exercise and my weight is the same, my face is very lean and have 0 % water retention, i switched to whole milk this year and i got some comments that my face started to become fuller (google gaunt face), it's fuller maybe because i added more fat to my diet and i eat pasture raised eggs daily instead of meat but my body is still lean as it was before and i don't have water retention in my face even when i added whole milk, when i tried 2 g of PUFAs everyday for 1 year i lost around 8kg, i think weight loss is a good sign if you don't restrict calories, improving the thyroid and getting enough vitamin D and avoiding gut irritating foods are very important for digestion so less inflamation means better hormones balance and less water retention so you will normally lose weight following peat recommandations because of the improved health, i don't know why many members give up on peat when gaining weight instead of losing it, something that's not working for them and they keep doing it, i kept drinking milk in cold weather and i felt like ***t, i realized that the way how i drank it was what made me feel bad which is the cold temmerature, when i heated it and drank it warm i stopped feeling bad and decided that i will do that in every winter.

As for eating a starch and meat based diet, i felt more motivated to go to the gym and i got much more stares from the opposite sex, and i had to maintain weight by exercising, i did that diet a year before discovering peat (still wasn't eating any junk food) and i didn't notice much difference, sleep is surely better than before, much easier to maintain weight year round and more resistant to stress in general.

BigShoes

Peatful is like that awesome auntie who keeps piling extra food on your plate when you come to visit, even though you sheepishly told her you were full. She knows what's best.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

think weight loss is a good sign if you don't restrict calories, improving the thyroid and getting enough vitamin D and avoiding gut irritating foods are very important for digestion so less inflamation means better hormones balance and less water retention
Yes
No restriction

Better hormones for sure

Thx for your reply

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Peatful is like that awesome auntie who keeps piling extra food on your plate when you come to visit, even though you sheepishly told her you were full. She knows what's best.
You’re just saying that because you know you are my favorite nephew….

Rafe

@Blossom So good to connect with you in this thread. Yep, I made almost only mistakes for awhile. But then, there’s nothing left but the right thing. :grin

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom So good to connect with you in this thread. Yep, I made almost only mistakes for awhile. But then, there’s nothing left but the right thing. :grin
So true…:lol:
We are going out West in the fall so if you’re still there maybe we can have a Peat-Up!

Mr Joe

You've said "no exercice". Isn't exercice a key to push the body giving you more energy ? Not talking about excessive but soft and regulate one, enjoyable one.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

You've said "no exercice". Isn't exercice a key to push the body giving you more energy ? Not talking about excessive but soft and regulate one, enjoyable one.
I enjoy movement

But
Exercise
I don’t intentionally avoid
I just have zero interest in now

Too many decades of being driven I suppose

Still in a healing place
Feels better not to do
Freedom

xeliex

Forum Supporter
That’s totally understandable. 100+ while resting used to scare me too, and I wasn’t living alone like you are. You probably have already tried supplementing magnesium, huh? And you get enough salt in your diet? My mum and I used to take some sugar and salt in water with an aspirin (325 mg) whenever we were having an adrenaline attack and it would reliably bring down our elevated pulse.
Thank you kindly... noted. I am bouncing all over the place.

Good morning

What is your temperature upon waking?

Then

What is your temperature 20-30 minutes after a balanced breakfast (in a relaxed state)?

Good day! I don't know anymore. With a mercury thermometer, I was waking up pretty damn low but normalizing after lunch.

I feel exhausted from life itself and about to throw the towel. I might start another thread. Thank you for the kindness.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Thank you kindly... noted. I am bouncing all over the place.

Good day! I don't know anymore. With a mercury thermometer, I was waking up pretty damn low but normalizing after lunch.

I feel exhausted from life itself and about to throw the towel. I might start another thread. Thank you for the kindness.
If you do
I will surely read

Vent away!

catan

Hey Peatful, thanks for sharing your experience. How is your appetite and how has it changed (if it has)? I am lately thinking my issues with low energy (among other things) is related to not eating enough food. My appetite has lessened. Not sure if it's due to stress or what, but I wonder if I should just force food down because I know I could use the calories.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Hey Peatful, thanks for sharing your experience. How is your appetite and how has it changed (if it has)? I am lately thinking my issues with low energy (among other things) is related to not eating enough food. My appetite has lessened. Not sure if it's due to stress or what, but I wonder if I should just force food down because I know I could use the calories.
Hi
Nice to see you still around

I haven’t noticed a pattern
Sometimes im quite hungry
Which i see as a very healthy sign
And sometimes
Not so much
Like i have to remind myself to eat

However
I have increased my calories
Back up to 3k
And
It’s what I’ve needed to help my mood and outlook

So
Force
No

But reminder that i need to continue to nourish myself
Yes
Much to my surprise

I believe after six years
Im still healing some metabolic and hormonal pathways

Your children are younger than mine
So im most certain more nourishment is a great choice

From my hx
A lessening appetite
Usually does point to “stress”
A terrible cycle

catan

3K calories seems like a lot, do you eat throughout the day? I think I was getting 2.5-3K when breastfeeding, it was not hard as I was always hungry. Since my little one weaned 1.5 years ago my appetite has been waning and I often forget to eat.

The last couple days since reading this thread though, once I think of food I eat, and go for the high calorie foods like cheese. I have felt better.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

3K calories seems like a lot, do you eat throughout the day? I think I was getting 2.5-3K when breastfeeding, it was not hard as I was always hungry. Since my little one weaned 1.5 years ago my appetite has been waning and I often forget to eat.

The last couple days since reading this thread though, once I think of food I eat, and go for the high calorie foods like cheese. I have felt better.
I suspect once summer is over i may not need to keep the 3k up?
We shall see

Yes
3k feels like a lot to me too
Cognitively
But
My body and brain clearly need it currently

I eat a huge huge breakfast
Then
As someone pointed out above
At least 2-3 hours later i eat again

Then a normal lunch
And a normal dinner