Peat Eating And Weight Gain

Saphire

And I ate as much fruit as I wanted till I was satisfied. I still eyeball the protein for portion control, but on fruits, I chow down what I want. I also have introduced a tablespoon of coconut oil with my coffee for bfast and lunch. So that’s another 200 and some calories and still no weight gain. I might actually be losing fat slowly now and putting on muscle because my musc
With this being said. I eat 4 to 5 meals a day. I have noticed when I eat something small in between meals I don't crash. What would be your suggestion on the snack between meals to keep things balanced ? I usually do the chocolate milk for one snack and carrots with coffee and milk for the other.

ilpmusic

Being new to the Dr Ray Peat diet, I started a new thread about being afraid to gain weight with this diet. However I've been doing a few things like limit the number of calories. Breakfast: egg whites with squash, green onions and /or homemade pico de gallo , Half an orange with water instead of orange juice to get more nutrition and to fill me up ( or if I have time I blend water with a half an orange to make an orange smoothie )coffee with gelatin with 1% milk. Sometimes for breakfast I add fat free cottage cheese, light cheddar cheese stick for portion control and lower fat, fruit .Lunch: homemade soup puréed with potatoes, squash, spinach, carrots .then I add gelatin.raw carrot and Fruit.
Or
Grilled shrimp with spinach, sweet peppers, green onions , low-fat cheese with homemade masa tortillas, raw carrots, fruit.
Dinner: whitefish with homemade chimichurri with grilled squash

Dessert: I've been exploring various recipes to incorporate gelatin. Since oats are on the "sometimes OK " grain list, I have been able to make healthy chocolate chip cookies using vegan chocolate chip
, oat flour gluten-free simply made by blending oats in a food processor.
Do people post Peat approved desserts recipes on this forum?

TheDrumGuy

Bumping this thread because I've gained some weight on Peat and am edging into the overweight range. Has switching to lowfat dairy worked for anyone? Any other tips for preventing weight gain?

ilpmusic

Bumping this thread because I've gained some weight on Peat and am edging into the overweight range. Has switching to lowfat dairy worked for anyone? Any other tips for preventing weight gain?
I am using 1% milk, low fat cheese.Sometimes I am alternating with fat free milk and 1%. I also exercise. I am losing weight but want to lose 10 pounds by 6 weeks. Ideas anyone?

ilpmusic

NuStrength is a gym in Australia and is based on Ray Peat's teaching. https://nustrength.com.au
Kitty and Craig are doing a fantastic job.
You see the before and after photos. The key is weight training -heavy amounts plus checking your macros.
I know those are taboo subjects but they are losing weight, in amazing shape and eating using Ray Peat's guidelines. NOTE: I do not work for them .

ilpmusic

I was reading Kate Deering's book on how to heal your metabolism and also follows Ray Pest eating guidelines. She is a fitness trainer and also weighs 120 pounds yet eat high calories every day. However in her book she recommends to eat more calories when you work out, and less calories if you don't work out that day. I think that is the missing link of why so many people on this type of Ray Peat eating gain weight. Everyone is raising their calorie counts yet everyone is afraid to work out because it causes too much stress on the body. Unfortunately some of us have some fat that needs to go away. I think once one gets to their ideal shape or weight then the whole raise your calories idea comes to play. But if one has fat and weight to lose, somehow it needs to be burned off before you raise your calorie count. I have noticed since I do work out and haven't raised my calories yet eat using Ray Peat guidelines, I have not gain weight and losing around the arms and legs. I want to lose 10 to 15 pounds especially the abs to fit into my clothes and weight gain prior to switching to Ray Peat eating.

raypeatclips

Everyone is raising their calorie counts yet everyone is afraid to work out because it causes too much stress on the body. Unfortunately some of us have some fat that needs to go away. I think once one gets to their ideal shape or weight then the whole raise your calories idea comes to play. But if one has fat and weight to lose, somehow it needs to be burned off before you raise your calorie count.

+1

ilpmusic

Update: I am losing weight. I am walking during my lunch break a few times a week. Also at my job I have been teaching music PE lessons. I noticed after doing two weeks of those lessons the low impact cardio has shed some of the fat and I'm seeing muscle definition in my abs. Once again everybody is different. However when there is extra fat to be shed, and low-fat diet plus exercise which includes some cardio is working for me. I was able to fit in a pair of jeans that didn't fit.

TheDrumGuy

Update: I am losing weight. I am walking during my lunch break a few times a week. Also at my job I have been teaching music PE lessons. I noticed after doing two weeks of those lessons the local pack cardio has shared some of the fat and I'm seeing muscle definition in my abs. Once again everybody is different. However when there is extra fat to be shed, and low-fat diet plus exercise which includes some cardio is working for me.

Have you maintained good temps and pulse?

sladerunner69

I am using 1% milk, low fat cheese.Sometimes I am alternating with fat free milk and 1%. I also exercise. I am losing weight but want to lose 10 pounds by 6 weeks. Ideas anyone?
Have you maintained good temps and pulse?

The thing to do is lower fat intake as much as possible. PUFA seems to be the primary limiting factor in metabolism, according to many reports on the forum, when using an extremely lowfat diet and making up the calories with extra sugar, fatloss seems to be around 2-3 lbs weekly. Waling or uphill walking at a low-moderate pace is quite possibly the ideal excercise for fatloss because proportionally the calories burned are mostly fat.

I think this sometimes but am not sure it's this simple. In a situation with illness where exercise would be harmful. Pre-illness I used to run a lot and never really had a weight problem in the least. I do wonder if bag breathing or rigorous slow pranayama could serve similar function

raypeatclips

I think this sometimes but am not sure it's this simple. In a situation with illness where exercise would be harmful. Pre-illness I used to run a lot and never really had a weight problem in the least. I do wonder if bag breathing or rigorous slow pranayama could serve similar function

I didn't take the context of that post as "someone with an illness that gets worse with exercise" which I certainly wouldn't have +1'd, nowhere does that post mention illness or people with debilitating conditions, or people that would be harmed by exercise.

I took the context of the post to mean normal people are raising their calories and refusing to exercise because they read on the internet it is stressful, then wonder why they get fat.

I didn't take the context of that post as "someone with an illness that gets worse with exercise" which I certainly wouldn't have +1'd, nowhere does that post mention illness or people with debilitating conditions, or people that would be harmed by exercise.

I took the context of the post to mean normal people are raising their calories and refusing to exercise because they read on the internet it is stressful, then wonder why they get fat.
I wasn't attacking you, it's just that I'm curious how to lose weight in this situation and if getting or feeling fat really indicates some kind of excess that has to do with metabolism and needing to exercise

raypeatclips

I wasn't attacking you, it's just that I'm curious how to lose weight in this situation and if getting or feeling fat really indicates some kind of excess that has to do with metabolism and needing to exercise

I'm not sure weight gain is always a negative thing. Someone that has a debilitating condition where they cannot exercise perhaps could do with eating a generous and nutritious diet to build them up, especially if they are already underweight or under nourished, while slowly trying to increase their movement, walking around the house more, making short journeys, being outdoors more rather than typical structured exercise.

I'm not sure weight gain is always a negative thing. Someone that has a debilitating condition where they cannot exercise perhaps could do with eating a generous and nutritious diet to build them up, especially if they are already underweight or under nourished, while slowly trying to increase their movement, walking around the house more, making short journeys, being outdoors more rather than typical structured exercise.
Yeah I realize it's largely vanity (i'm very skinny to start with) and it's not at all my most important or pressing problem when this ill.

raypeatclips

Yeah I realize it's largely vanity (i'm very skinny to start with) and it's not at all my most important or pressing problem when this ill.

Don't stay skinny because that's what society tells you to do. All the pictures of models in magazines are photoshopped to be skinnier than they actually are, even they don't look like that!

Staying skinny but being miserable and unable to live your life is not right.

A nutritious diet of fatty meats, eggs, cheese, potatoes, fruit, vegetables, butter, whole milk, chocolate, without going to extreme with any macronutrient would improve a lot of people's health.

D

Deleted member 5487

1) Cutting diary fats, or limiting them in the first 2/3 of the day.

2) Utilizing CO is better than loading up on butter. Butter has plenty of Mono fats that can make you chubby. We wanna use fat to displace PUFA and help Mitcondria burn the carbs we eat. CO is best for this. Much better than butter. Save your diary for ice cream before bed.

3) Cocoa butter(steraic acid) can help, it's a special Mono. Make white chocolate yourself, melt cocaobutter add sugar , easy enough. This can help with visceral fathttps://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/dietary-stearic-acid-reduces-visceral-fat-by-70-and-increases-lean-mass.22047/

4) Gelatin over regular protein, 6TBS minimum.

Eat peat, just add TBS of CO before, and two TBS gelatin after. Can go a long way displacing PUFA and Bad amminos

Eating a cup of cottage cheese/cheese/whole milk and bunch of carbs after won't help you lose weight.

Some Coconut, Fruits, Juices, Gelatin, Liver, Eggs very well might.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreamcatcher

Lower fat diet and fruit over starches would help. Estrogen dominance might also cause weight gain.

GreekDemiGod

I came into peating after 4 months on the Carnivore Diet and 1 year of Intermittent, high-Fat intake and prolonged fasting (1 - 3 days) before that.
I am naturally skinny build, fast metabolism but I put on muscle to overcome this.

First 3 months of peating, my apetite was moderate. Lately it has skyrocketed, as I'm eating over 4000 calories, and still have abs definition.
I take it as a sign that my body is finally healing, hence the high apetite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals