Regaining weight post diet/exercise due to lowered metabolism by increased PUFA in cardiolipin

Hans

Forum Supporter
With just a cursory glance this is the best price out of a handfull of labs. I have no idea what DNP costs.

It's way more expensive than DNP and not as effective (much shorter half life). Plus not everyone can simply order from these kinds of websites.

David PS

Why did @David PS comit all over this thread this morning? My guess is he just posted to the wrong one. I hope.
Your right, I just posted in the wrong thread. Thanks for pointing this out. My ignorance was bliss. In the future, I will need to finish my morning coffee before I start posting

CJ_87

But the funny memes are even more funny when they are in the wrong context, so it was actually a piece of good fortune. To err is sublime!

NewACC

I have never found evidence to support that claim. From the studies I've found, like this one (children under 18 with heart disease), had preserved tetralinoleoyl CL species compared to their health counterparts.
Thyroid hormone has also been shown to enhance cardiolipin production and incorporate unsaturated fat into it:
"Treatment with thyroxine resulted in a 1.8-fold increase (P<0.025) in [1-(14)C]linoleate and a 1.7-fold increase (P<0.025) in [1-(14)C]oleate incorporated into cardiolipin in perfused hearts, compared with controls. The mechanism for the elevation in incorporation of unsaturated fatty acids into cardiolipin was a 1. 6-fold (P<0.025) increase in mitochondrial monolysocardiolipin acyltransferase activity." (R)

Weight gain after 25 is due to inactivity and eating more. Who after 25 are as active as they used to be before 25? Or eat the same diet?
PUFA (e.g. arachidonic acid) in cardiolipin makes it more fluid, which makes the ETC leaky. It makes it less effective, not more effective. Linoleic acid rich cardiolipin makes the mitochondria more effective aka restores proper mitochondrial function.
I'm not saying to eat a lot of linoleic acid. As I pointed out earlier, giving animals 100% hydrogenated peanut oil restored the linoleic content in their cardiolipin.

If anything, their study shows that not having cardiolipin protects against obesity.

I understand that uncoupling is key to fat loss, but nothing that we do is going to give us any phenomenal results. DNP works because it enhances energy out. Nothing else comes close.
but, while increasing the relative amount of oleate, the thyroid also reduces the relative amount of omega 6 and omega 3 in mitochondrial cardiolipin @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What DNP protocol do your rats follow? @Hans
I don't use it haha, but if I were, I'd start low, like 100mg for 3-5 days while keeping an eye on temps, heart rate, sweat rate, energy and breathing rate. If all is good, then increase to 200mg. It all depends on someone's starting temp. If someone is 36C, they can use higher doses than someone that's running at 37.6 (like me). Supposedly, 100mg daily will result in 500 cal deficit per week if starting calories are at maintenance.

Hans

Forum Supporter
but, while increasing the relative amount of oleate, the thyroid also reduces the relative amount of omega 6 and omega 3 in mitochondrial cardiolipin @Hans
The longer chain ones yes, but it still increased linoleic acid (omega 6).

NewACC

I don't use it haha, but if I were, I'd start low, like 100mg for 3-5 days while keeping an eye on temps, heart rate, sweat rate, energy and breathing rate. If all is good, then increase to 200mg. It all depends on someone's starting temp. If someone is 36C, they can use higher doses than someone that's running at 37.6 (like me). Supposedly, 100mg daily will result in 500 cal deficit per week if starting calories are at maintenance.
@Hans how did you achieve such high basal temperature?

cremes

It's possible that my fat calories are too high. I punched everything into cronometer to get a reading and this is what it shows.

View attachment 50370I can try upping the sugar or honey, but I'm just not hungry. Yet my weight isn't moving.

A year ago I just would have done a 3-day fast but that likely contributed to my broken metabolism. I'm just going to keep on trucking here... I'll keep calories as high as I can for as long as I can and see where the chips fall. One of the benefits of being older is stubborness; I have that in spades now.
I posted this back in May and it's now nearly October 2023. The high fat from coconut oil did NOT work for me. At all. I put on 20 pounds. I've been lurking this forum for a year+ and saw all of the warnings about people putting on a bunch of weight when they first start "Peating" but I thought it wouldn't happen to me. Actually, it didn't happen. I was bopping along just fine until I purposefully added coconut oil to the diet and that was a big mistake.

For the past ~6 weeks I have mostly stayed the same with carbs and protein but fat has now been limited. I target 0 but that's impossible with real foods, so I generally consume ~10 grams a day which is less than 10% of calories as fat.

I feel good on this diet and frankly it isn't that hard. I do mix in 2 high fat meals per week (Sunday family dinner is the big one where I probably spike to 80-100g fat) but am otherwise quite close to that 10g fat per day.

Supplement stack is ~10mg kuinone, 20 drops magnoil, 10 drop mitolipin, 3 drops tocovit, 10 drops energin (every other day), and 2 drops cortinon before bed. Yes, Idealabs must love me; I'm a good customer. Lastly, I was taking 4 drops of Tyromix per day (for 6 weeks) and just yesterday bumped to 6 drops per day, 1 drop every 3 hours from 6am to 9pm. If 1 grain T3 is 12.5mcg then I'm getting about 18mcg or a 1.5 grains per day now. I'm aware I should now settle in for 2-4 weeks and let this larger amount take effect, so I'll hold steady here for a while.

My weight is mostly unchanged at ~212 and my temps are 97.5 on waking. They do drop after eating so I'm clearly still running on stress hormones.

To keep this post relevant for this thread, I am hoping that over time my cardiolipin is saturating. I consume so little fat that it's like UNsaturating right now due to freeing up PUFA from my tissues. The 10 drops of mitolipin are probably a spit in a bucket in comparison. I shall persevere for another month and see where I'm at. I'm unhappy at seeing so little change but perhaps more is going on behind the scenes than I realize.

David PS

Clyde

I posted this back in May and it's now nearly October 2023. The high fat from coconut oil did NOT work for me. At all. I put on 20 pounds. I've been lurking this forum for a year+ and saw all of the warnings about people putting on a bunch of weight when they first start "Peating" but I thought it wouldn't happen to me. Actually, it didn't happen. I was bopping along just fine until I purposefully added coconut oil to the diet and that was a big mistake.

For the past ~6 weeks I have mostly stayed the same with carbs and protein but fat has now been limited. I target 0 but that's impossible with real foods, so I generally consume ~10 grams a day which is less than 10% of calories as fat.

I feel good on this diet and frankly it isn't that hard. I do mix in 2 high fat meals per week (Sunday family dinner is the big one where I probably spike to 80-100g fat) but am otherwise quite close to that 10g fat per day.

Supplement stack is ~10mg kuinone, 20 drops magnoil, 10 drop mitolipin, 3 drops tocovit, 10 drops energin (every other day), and 2 drops cortinon before bed. Yes, Idealabs must love me; I'm a good customer. Lastly, I was taking 4 drops of Tyromix per day (for 6 weeks) and just yesterday bumped to 6 drops per day, 1 drop every 3 hours from 6am to 9pm. If 1 grain T3 is 12.5mcg then I'm getting about 18mcg or a 1.5 grains per day now. I'm aware I should now settle in for 2-4 weeks and let this larger amount take effect, so I'll hold steady here for a while.

My weight is mostly unchanged at ~212 and my temps are 97.5 on waking. They do drop after eating so I'm clearly still running on stress hormones.

To keep this post relevant for this thread, I am hoping that over time my cardiolipin is saturating. I consume so little fat that it's like UNsaturating right now due to freeing up PUFA from my tissues. The 10 drops of mitolipin are probably a spit in a bucket in comparison. I shall persevere for another month and see where I'm at. I'm unhappy at seeing so little change but perhaps more is going on behind the scenes than I realize.
I did the same thing. I stopped after gaining 5lbs though. His video should have been titled, "how to become diabetic without even trying."

I just dropped the weight so I can laugh about it now. It came off really quick so maybe it's mostly water.

Last edited:
I believe that no matter how much we try to "saturate the membrane" (which one? 🤔🙄) on an endogenous level the body always does something to balance... stearic acid comes to mind which is converted into unsaturated oleic acid? Maybe I'm wrong but the fact that you try to unsaturate will have its reason. What do you think.. @David PS