After 5.5 Years, I Finally Started Losing Weight. Key Has Been Strictness

Velve921

So, I know many people have been looking for more stories and understandings of weight loss through these ideas. I’ll share mine and take it for what’s worth.

6 years ago I was doing the following:

Paleo
Fasting
High Lactic Acid Weight Lifting
Consumed under 2000 calories a day
Extremely low carb, high phosphate from meat, no calcium, high pufa.

Weighed 178lbs at 7-8% body fat. Veins on my lower abs.
Urinating 70x a day.

Once I started following Peat’s ideas;

Started putting on fat and muscle like crazy. 6 months ago got up to 250lbs.

I have lost 25lbs in the past 6 months and still dropping. At 16.75% body fat.

My current regimen:

Gelatin
Milk
Ice cream
Cheese
Coconut oil
OJ
Coffee
Sugar
Dark chocolate
Beef Liver
Mushrooms
No alcohol

Now, initially when I was working my way up to 250lbs, I was strict but I didn’t realize how strict I had to be. I would still have high phosphate meals 2x per week, cheat/restaurant meal 1x per week.

Once I became as strict to a T; meaning:

Ca:p ratio is always higher ca:p.
No cheat meals.

Fat has been coming off very steadily.

And here’s another interesting aspect, I have not worked out in 6 years. Currently, I stretch 1-2x per day for 3-5 minutes a piece.

Another interesting part, I am eating 4500 calories a day. 6 months ago I was at 3000-3500. And losing weight.

What I’ve found from all of this? For me personally, I’ve had to be strict in order to see my metabolic rate truly ramp.

When I heard @haidut say, “It may take time to find your perfect diet”, I now understand that more. I am still always ratcheting up as I find my perfect diet and lifestyle.

For people that are stuck, you may find that strictness could be more key that initially interpreted. For people that have been at it for many year like myself, go easy on yourself if you have not found the results you’ve wanted quite yet. This can be a longer process that initially interpreted.

I hope everyone is doing well.

stpa92

Can you please post a picture of what you look like? 225lbs 17% means you have 186 lbs of LBM, more than most Men's Physique pros who compete in the Olympia, and those guys are juiced to the gills

Unless you're 6'8, I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around someone who not only doesn't take steroids, but who doesn't even exercise, having that much mass

stpa92

For example, here is Sadik Hadzovic at 6'0 230lbs around 15% body fat

You're almost this size?

Attachments

• Sadik offseason.jpg
    Sadik offseason.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 129

Auslander

Can you please post a picture of what you look like? 225lbs 17% means you have 186 lbs of LBM, more than most Men's Physique pros who compete in the Olympia, and those guys are juiced to the gills

Unless you're 6'8, I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around someone who not only doesn't take steroids, but who doesn't even exercise, having that much mass

Well yeah, I was gonna ask where he gets those body fat percentages, down to two decimal points. Heh.

Unless it's with Dexa scan, then it's pretty shaky. My super duper 5-star rated expensive scale tells me i'm 18% fat, and have excessive visceral fat on top of that.
20200229_150733.jpg

Screenshot_20200317-160611_EufyLife.jpg

Last edited:
Those visceral fat scanners seem sketchy. I don’t think they differentiate between true adipose tissue and fecal matter high in fat. Perhaps you just eat a lot and you’re clogged up.

when you look at all of the carnivores that have watery diarrhea and all drop 10-15lbs within weeks, it sounds like what happens is they’re expelling all of that “visceral fat”. Because there’s no exogenous opioids such as starches, gluten, casein... that clog everything up

berk

how much kcal, protein, carbs and fat did you eat in this period?

At 16.75% body fat.
you gained in six month 8% bodyfat?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

how much kcal, protein, carbs and fat did you eat in this period?

you gained in six month 8% bodyfat?

Maybe I did not explain it right. My apologies.

178-250lbs took 5.5 years. What I was trying to say is that I finally got to a point where I found a place where my body started leaning down after 5.5 years. Which was 6 months ago.

6 months later (now); I've lost 25lbs.

Roughly around:

350-400 carbs
150-200 fat
150-175 protein

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Thanks for the feedback. I am going by Poliquin's Biosignature model for body fat. I am not interested in posting pictures just by personal preference. My body fat and muscle mass very well could be off. That was not the point of my post was discuss specific body fats and muscle mass.

I was just sharing a part of my journey of what I've found to be indicative of my weight loss because I know so many people have inquired about this over the years.

I can tell you this... and I know it's crazy because everybody continues to tell me this...

1. I have been losing weight without exercise or lactic acid training on this type of diet. In previous years I was just getting bigger and adding more fat. For some reason starting 6 months ago I started losing weight; mainly fat. It is definitely out of the ordinary.

2. When I tell people I weigh 225lbs; everybody thinks I look 190. I don't look massive like a body builder.

sladerunner69

186lbs is more than most men who compete in Olympia?? I dont think you did your math quite right. Most Bodybuilders who are competitive are at least 225 lbs at competition, and some are up to 275lbs. Considering the target is <5% bodyfat, that means even the lightest contenders at Olympia are AT LEAST 210 lbs of lean body mass.

sladerunner69

Those visceral fat scanners seem sketchy. I don’t think they differentiate between true adipose tissue and fecal matter high in fat. Perhaps you just eat a lot and you’re clogged up.

when you look at all of the carnivores that have watery diarrhea and all drop 10-15lbs within weeks, it sounds like what happens is they’re expelling all of that “visceral fat”. Because there’s no exogenous opioids such as starches, gluten, casein... that clog everything up

What do you mean by exogenous opioids being starches?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

thank you for your input. Congrats to figuring out your N=1. curious why no eggs?

Thanks!

I’ve used eggs in the past. However, for the price I pay for eggs, I found the response wasn’t worth the financial burden.

So between liver, milk, and my other foods, I find this suffices.

stpa92

186lbs is more than most men who compete in Olympia?? I dont think you did your math quite right. Most Bodybuilders who are competitive are at least 225 lbs at competition, and some are up to 275lbs. Considering the target is <5% bodyfat, that means even the lightest contenders at Olympia are AT LEAST 210 lbs of lean body mass.

reread my post, I said “Mens Physique pros” not men’s bodybuilding

baccheion

What's a CRON-o-meter screenshot (or manual entry of quantities) of a typical day? What's your estimated calorie needs given height, weight, and body fat (ie, how much above maintenance while not gaining)? Body temperature? Do you feel hot?

pepsi

I have found strictness to also be essential to losing and keeping weight off.
After many experimentation's to find a sustainable way of eating as close to Dr Peat
recommendations as possible, I have finally figured out with certainty it was the milk causing bloating.
I cut that out, and am now only eating cottage cheese and orange juice. The weight/bloat has all dropped within a few weeks.
I also eat liver once a week and I have a calcium supplement.

I decided to eat 2 eggs the other day, just regular
store bought eggs, for some cholesterol. That messed me up for the next
few days....so no more eggs for me.

My metabolism must be so messed up it cant handle
one hiccup, or maybe its the environmental stress of today's living (wifi, smog, computer screen, food manufacturing, not much sun).

I was also drinking 5-6 cups of coffee per day, the more the better I thought. I decided to experiment and cut down to just one
cup in the morning...wow, I actually feel more alert and able to think clearer.

I think the foods Dr Peat recommends are good for you, but the manufacturing process
of today messes them up...maybe foods from 30 years ago were better than
even organic foods of today.

Jsaute21

So, I know many people have been looking for more stories and understandings of weight loss through these ideas. I’ll share mine and take it for what’s worth.

6 years ago I was doing the following:

Paleo
Fasting
High Lactic Acid Weight Lifting
Consumed under 2000 calories a day
Extremely low carb, high phosphate from meat, no calcium, high pufa.

Urinating 70x a day.

I have lost 25lbs in the past 6 months and still dropping. At 16.75% body fat.

My current regimen:

Gelatin
Milk
Ice cream
Cheese
Coconut oil
OJ
Coffee
Sugar
Dark chocolate
Beef Liver
Mushrooms
No alcohol

Now, initially when I was working my way up to 250lbs, I was strict but I didn’t realize how strict I had to be. I would still have high phosphate meals 2x per week, cheat/restaurant meal 1x per week.

Once I became as strict to a T; meaning:

Ca:p ratio is always higher ca:p.
No cheat meals.

Fat has been coming off very steadily.

And here’s another interesting aspect, I have not worked out in 6 years. Currently, I stretch 1-2x per day for 3-5 minutes a piece.

Another interesting part, I am eating 4500 calories a day. 6 months ago I was at 3000-3500. And losing weight.

What I’ve found from all of this? For me personally, I’ve had to be strict in order to see my metabolic rate truly ramp.

When I heard @haidut say, “It may take time to find your perfect diet”, I now understand that more. I am still always ratcheting up as I find my perfect diet and lifestyle.

For people that are stuck, you may find that strictness could be more key that initially interpreted. For people that have been at it for many year like myself, go easy on yourself if you have not found the results you’ve wanted quite yet. This can be a longer process that initially interpreted.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Great post - have you been using thyroid or any other supplements that you found to be conducive to your healing? Also interested if pulse/temp rose with your corresponding weight loss.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Great post - have you been using thyroid or any other supplements that you found to be conducive to your healing? Also interested if pulse/temp rose with your corresponding weight loss.

I have tested different forms of supplementation. Reflecting now, if I could do it over again, diet, Epsom salt baths, meditation, and changing life environments would be the only things I would have started with.

There’s not a supplement I would say at this time compared to those other areas...

Calcium to phosphorus ratio is the best anti- stress factor I’ve come across by far.

Now with that said, if there is one supplement that I would be tempted to say, “I wish I would have started this to help with sleep at the beginning....” I would have said Cyproheptadine, doxylamine succinate, or Theanine to get me going in the right direction.

I still use these at times and they are helpful, but I’m also tightening up my diet more and more and fixing my life’s environment.

For example, my dad died a year ago and Theanine was helpful for that healing time. Help me face deep things. But now I’m on a whole new level because of working on myself and diet.

No doubt, if my diet was tighter one year ago as it is now, woah, diet is the Mac daddy. Truly.

Pulse is always in good ranges. Temp fluctuates.

Vileplume

I have tested different forms of supplementation. Reflecting now, if I could do it over again, diet, Epsom salt baths, meditation, and changing life environments would be the only things I would have started with.

There’s not a supplement I would say at this time compared to those other areas...

Calcium to phosphorus ratio is the best anti- stress factor I’ve come across by far.

Now with that said, if there is one supplement that I would be tempted to say, “I wish I would have started this to help with sleep at the beginning....” I would have said Cyproheptadine, doxylamine succinate, or Theanine to get me going in the right direction.

I still use these at times and they are helpful, but I’m also tightening up my diet more and more and fixing my life’s environment.

For example, my dad died a year ago and Theanine was helpful for that healing time. Help me face deep things. But now I’m on a whole new level because of working on myself and diet.

No doubt, if my diet was tighter one year ago as it is now, woah, diet is the Mac daddy. Truly.

Pulse is always in good ranges. Temp fluctuates.

this thread has inspired me. Thanks.