After 5.5 Years, I Finally Started Losing Weight. Key Has Been Strictness

Uselis

Always enjoyed your posts!

Would you say no starch/meat has been most subtle but largely beneficial part of whole Peat's puzzle to solve?

Also what you find meditation offers that bag breathing does not?

Thanks, wish you to continue be healthy and resilient!

TheSir

Also what you find meditation offers that bag breathing does not?
Meditation is not a breathing exercise, so bag breathing and meditation don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. Breathing just happens to be a common object of attention during meditation, especially for beginners.

Jsaute21

I have tested different forms of supplementation. Reflecting now, if I could do it over again, diet, Epsom salt baths, meditation, and changing life environments would be the only things I would have started with.

There’s not a supplement I would say at this time compared to those other areas...

Calcium to phosphorus ratio is the best anti- stress factor I’ve come across by far.

Now with that said, if there is one supplement that I would be tempted to say, “I wish I would have started this to help with sleep at the beginning....” I would have said Cyproheptadine, doxylamine succinate, or Theanine to get me going in the right direction.

I still use these at times and they are helpful, but I’m also tightening up my diet more and more and fixing my life’s environment.

For example, my dad died a year ago and Theanine was helpful for that healing time. Help me face deep things. But now I’m on a whole new level because of working on myself and diet.

No doubt, if my diet was tighter one year ago as it is now, woah, diet is the Mac daddy. Truly.

Pulse is always in good ranges. Temp fluctuates.
Good for you man and I’m sorry about a passing as significant as that.

no thyroid ever or now?

Nik665

So, I know many people have been looking for more stories and understandings of weight loss through these ideas. I’ll share mine and take it for what’s worth.

6 years ago I was doing the following:

Paleo
Fasting
High Lactic Acid Weight Lifting
Consumed under 2000 calories a day
Extremely low carb, high phosphate from meat, no calcium, high pufa.

Weighed 178lbs at 7-8% body fat. Veins on my lower abs.
Urinating 70x a day.

Once I started following Peat’s ideas;

Started putting on fat and muscle like crazy. 6 months ago got up to 250lbs.

I have lost 25lbs in the past 6 months and still dropping. At 16.75% body fat.

My current regimen:

Gelatin
Milk
Ice cream
Cheese
Coconut oil
OJ
Coffee
Sugar
Dark chocolate
Beef Liver
Mushrooms
No alcohol

Now, initially when I was working my way up to 250lbs, I was strict but I didn’t realize how strict I had to be. I would still have high phosphate meals 2x per week, cheat/restaurant meal 1x per week.

Once I became as strict to a T; meaning:

Ca:p ratio is always higher ca:p.
No cheat meals.

Fat has been coming off very steadily.

And here’s another interesting aspect, I have not worked out in 6 years. Currently, I stretch 1-2x per day for 3-5 minutes a piece.

Another interesting part, I am eating 4500 calories a day. 6 months ago I was at 3000-3500. And losing weight.

What I’ve found from all of this? For me personally, I’ve had to be strict in order to see my metabolic rate truly ramp.

When I heard @haidut say, “It may take time to find your perfect diet”, I now understand that more. I am still always ratcheting up as I find my perfect diet and lifestyle.

For people that are stuck, you may find that strictness could be more key that initially interpreted. For people that have been at it for many year like myself, go easy on yourself if you have not found the results you’ve wanted quite yet. This can be a longer process that initially interpreted.

I hope everyone is doing well.
yeah man but you were 250! like 72 lbs heavier! of course calorie demands will increase,