Observation and conclusion : Lost weight lately…. And…i feel…..

youngsinatra

Varies

Id say an average of 2300 kcal daily
While healing more than double that

Need to slowly ramp up
Im hungry
But not overly so in a stomach kinda way
It’s simple energy
And feeling that im moving into a stressed state

No exercise btw

Thx for your input

Eating enough is highly underrated here
I‘d definitely up the calories. I‘d starve on that amount of calories. I eat around 3500 calories a day and if I drop below 2700 calories I feel more stressed out.

laleto12

Your writing style is hilarious - I love it.

Eating copious amounts of food (whatever you want, whenever you want) is definitely one way to happiness in my experience. Whenever I reduxe my food intake I turn into a fatigued, unhappy zombi LOL

Jennifer

Oooh
Interesting

Started his books around that time
Then the forum slowly here and there in 2017
Completely confused and slowly dying
Literally

Thx for your input

My pleasure. :)

I was confused too so I understand. I’m very glad you’re better. :)

There was a thread on the forum where members were saying that Ray recommended a fruitarian diet, which confused me because that was not what I had understood from reading his articles so I asked him and his response was:

“I recommend a diet including milk, eggs, cheese, orange juice and some other fruits, sea food, certain meats (emphasizing gelatinous things), and occasionally liver. I usually recommend some butter, coconut oil, and some occasional olive oil (for example with a carrot salad). I think any active adult should get at least 100 grams of protein per day.”

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I‘d definitely up the calories. I‘d starve on that amount of calories. I eat around 3500 calories a day and if I drop below 2700 calories I feel more stressed out.
Yes
2700 is easily doable
3k is probably optimal?
Thank you

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Your writing style is hilarious - I love it.

Eating copious amounts of food (whatever you want, whenever you want) is definitely one way to happiness in my experience. Whenever I reduxe my food intake I turn into a fatigued, unhappy zombi LOL
Lol
Cryptic huh

I’m so used to texting with my kids I no longer know how to write full sentences

Yes
Excited to eat more again
If
And only if
My digestion continues strong

OP
Peatful

Peatful

My pleasure. :)

I was confused too so I understand. I’m very glad you’re better. :)

There was a thread on the forum where members were saying that Ray recommended a fruitarian diet, which confused me because that was not what I had understood from reading his articles so I asked him and his response was:

“I recommend a diet including milk, eggs, cheese, orange juice and some other fruits, sea food, certain meats (emphasizing gelatinous things), and occasionally liver. I usually recommend some butter, coconut oil, and some occasional olive oil (for example with a carrot salad). I think any active adult should get at least 100 grams of protein per day.”
How long until your digestion was robust?
And regular

Jennifer

How long until your digestion was robust?
And regular

My digestion was regular even while refeeding, but it wasn’t robust until I cleared the SIBO I developed during that time—roughly 7 years later. Doctors misread my hydrogen breath test results so it went untreated and I developed chronic gastritis. Once a new doctor caught the error and I went on an elimination diet for a few months to clear it, I was able to reintroduce other foods, even one I had become severely allergic to (dairy), and my digestion has been robust ever since. Supplementing thyroid also helped.

David PS

Im 49
Female
5’7”
Haven’t stepped on a scale due to my messed up hx
But
Im what the world would consider as healthy thin
Hourglass shape
If that helps you….
At 49, the average person is experiencing bone loss (see image). When I was about your current age, I purchased an inexpensive biometric scale and I have been monitoring my bone weight and muscle mass. Your bone weight will change without any indication until you loose height. A biometric scale will give you an indication of what is going on "under the hood". I wrote about it here.
No exercise btw

Exercise is good for the bones, but it is also needed to maintain muscle mass which begins to decline at about 60 years. This 25 year study is a great read and it has some informative graphs.
Thus, body size, particularly fat free mass, accounted for most (83%) of the variation in daily expenditure, requiring us to adjust for body size in subsequent analyses of expenditure across subjects and cohorts to isolate potential effects of age, sex, and other factors.

Live long and prosper.

Last edited:
OP
Peatful

Peatful

My digestion was regular even while refeeding, but it wasn’t robust until I cleared the SIBO I developed during that time—roughly 7 years later. Doctors misread my hydrogen breath test results so it went untreated and I developed chronic gastritis. Once a new doctor caught the error and I went on an elimination diet for a few months to clear it, I was able to reintroduce other foods, even one I had become severely allergic to (dairy), and my digestion has been robust ever since. Supplementing thyroid also helped.
What were your biggest offenders?
Aside from milk
Do you recall?

OP
Peatful

Peatful

At 49, the average person is experiencing bone loss (see image). When I was your age, I purchased an inexpensive biometric scale and I have been monitoring my bone weight and muscle mass. Your bone weight will change without any indication until you loose height. A biometric scale will give you an indication of what is going on "under the hood". I wrote about it here.

Exercise is good for the bones, but it is also needed to maintain muscle mass which begins to decline at about 60 years. This 25 year study is a great read and it has some nice graphs.

Live long and prosper.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply

Not my issue
I have man hands now
Lol
That’s what i call them

I was so used to being shrunken

And my hips are good and sound
I definitely added to my skeleton while i was shoveling the food in
Not a pretty process
But
Oh
So worth it

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Want to add

Carrot salad helped not
Cooked mushrooms excellente’

Jennifer

I dropped a couple of pounds when I started taking thyroid but I might need to take more... I just worry about increasing my dose since I live alone, but must muster some courage. Pulse still dips in the 40s during sleep (but that's an improvement from 30s).

Not to derail Peatful’s thread, but do you still take TyroMax? I ended up switching to TyroMix when TyroMax was out of stock for a while. I was scared to take it at first because of its T4/T3 ratio compared to TyroMax’s so I dosed it one drop every hour to ensure I wasn’t giving myself more than a physiologically appropriate (4 mcg) amount of T3. I found it so potent that I started out needing half the dose I was taking of TyroMax and I’ve already had to reduce it twice since then (4 months). My pulse has been stable in the mid 80s, but my temp was averaging 100°, which was way too warm for me. I also made a diet tweak that likely contributed.

What were your biggest offenders?
Aside from milk
Do you recall?

Starch and fiber. I think it mainly had to do with the sheer volume of food I was consuming, though. Those following the Minnie Maud Method developed by Gwenyth Olwen of Youreatopia were advised to eat whenever we thought of food because it meant we were hungry, but since I love everything about food—growing, sourcing, preparing and eating it—I think of it even when I’m not hungry so I averaged 6,000-10,000 calories a day, which was insane for my size and the fact that my spine had only collapsed about a year prior so I was inactive—I was still relearning how to walk.

Rafe

10 yrs in here & some of my best improvements have been in the last year. Before yr 5/6 the improvements were uneven & more strictly “peaty” things worked only more or less: T3, 2 qts milk about 5 days/wk, 80g of protein/day, cyproheptadine, acetazolamide, aspirin, thiamin.

But after my temps got consistently high, the changes I made were more customized: less protein, less t3/t4 (3 X/wk or sometimes none for weeks), much lower doses & durations for supplements, more flexibility in food.

There is that old argument in the forum that you have to already be healthy for peat-ish things to work.

I lost about 25 of the 30 lbs I gained at first in yr 5 in summer. Now losing again very very slowly, & could lose a little more. But it stays off. Never slaved over it, but did eat less fat, more sugar.

Totally agree that working to lose weight is ridiculously regressive physiologically.

I’ll only do it if it feels natural & easy: eating less fat, walking or hiking, or outdoor work, being with people I enjoy. Using the sugar.

Today working to understand how bad letting my blood sugar drop in mid-morning is. Can I possibly need to eat again so soon?? It feels bad, man. And ruins my sleep.

Want to tell every new person to just give it more time until it becomes your own life, your own project. Stick to the basics until your mind is ready to perceive first, then think, then act. And it comes completely naturally. You become your own Peat.

It doesn’t make me love RP any less.

But what newcomer who hasn’t read much RP yet wants to hear that?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thank you @Jennifer

I still have lots of Tyromax bottles and some Tyromix and Tyronene. I had switched to Cynoplus and taking a lower relative dose for the same effect. ¼ pill per day. Sometimes I take ½ a Cynoplus... I take em morning with food but my pulse rarely goes about 70. Except some evenings they go up to 100+ while I am resting. This I think is scaring me from going up on dose. Sleep pulses are in the 40s, waking in 40s or low 50s, daytime 50s or low 70s.

Rafe

I think the physiological difference between stressful fat weight loss & easy fat weight loss is the difference between burning fatty acids for making ATP vs glucuronidation of fatty acids.

I can’t explain the physics yet, but the feel is completely different.

Jennifer

Thank you @Jennifer

I still have lots of Tyromax bottles and some Tyromix and Tyronene. I had switched to Cynoplus and taking a lower relative dose for the same effect. ¼ pill per day. Sometimes I take ½ a Cynoplus... I take em morning with food but my pulse rarely goes about 70. Except some evenings they go up to 100+ while I am resting. This I think is scaring me from going up on dose. Sleep pulses are in the 40s, waking in 40s or low 50s, daytime 50s or low 70s.

That’s totally understandable. 100+ while resting used to scare me too, and I wasn’t living alone like you are. You probably have already tried supplementing magnesium, huh? And you get enough salt in your diet? My mum and I used to take some sugar and salt in water with an aspirin (325 mg) whenever we were having an adrenaline attack and it would reliably bring down our elevated pulse.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Good stuff everyone!

I was super lean, muscular, and regimented prior to Peat. I started feeling unwell due to my obsession with fitness and fighting my body with fasting and caloric restriction. My hands and feet started getting super cold and I started to gain weight, pre-peating.

Then I discovered Ray and started Peating (as much as I understood of it). I continued gaining weight and sadly never managed to lose it significantly.

Everything feels better. Energy levels, sleep, intestinal function, temps, pulses (sitll a bit low), mental capacity, etc....

Everything improved except weight. I am pretty darn heavy now at 210 lbs standing 5'6''. I am a muscular male, but there's a lot of lard on me.

I dropped a couple of pounds when I started taking thyroid but I might need to take more... I just worry about increasing my dose since I live alone, but must muster some courage. Pulse still dips in the 40s during sleep (but that's an improvement from 30s).

That's my experience so far (8 years or so)....
Good morning

What is your temperature upon waking?

Then

What is your temperature 20-30 minutes after a balanced breakfast (in a relaxed state)?

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Today working to understand how bad letting my blood sugar drop in mid-morning is. Can I possibly need to eat again so soon?? It feels bad, man. And ruins my sleep.
So true

Worth repeating

And “give it more time”
Yes
My damage was so severe and so long standing
I shouldn’t be surprised that six years later im still in a healing process

Grateful my body knows what to do after all of the abuse i put it through….
Miraculous

Validus

I've read & listened to new theories on adiposity/body fat being a sink/sponge for toxins & poisons. If this is true, losing weight by way of fat loss (ESPECIALLY QUICKLY) would then mobilize said toxins and liberate them in your blood which can make you feel terrible.

It's hard to know if this is what's happening in your instance. If it is, you'd want to ensure your liver and digestion are working optimally to help speed up the process.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals