Losing Weight With Sugar? (Peating and Weight Management)

marko9437

I went from 75kg to 60kg on low-carb (170cm, male). So it worked well for me in weight management respect, but want to try something more Peat-style now after finding Danny Roddy and hearing about his hair loss reversal success.

So I'm learning Peating is pro-sugar, and I'm wondering, won't that make you gain weight?

How exactly do you maintain weight, or even lose it while Peating, and doing orange juice and sugar and carbs? I mean, what is the mechanism that allows one to consume sugar but not gain weight? How does it happen biochemically in the body?

Because from what I've been led to believe sugar spikes your insulin and insulin tells the body to make fat cells, so sugar is like an expressway to gaining body fat. Where does that go wrong?

P

Peatness

I went from 75kg to 60kg on low-carb (170cm, male). So it worked well for me in weight management respect, but want to try something more Peat-style now after finding Danny Roddy and hearing about his hair loss reversal success.

So I'm learning Peating is pro-sugar, and I'm wondering, won't that make you gain weight?

How exactly do you maintain weight, or even lose it while Peating, and doing orange juice and sugar and carbs? I mean, what is the mechanism that allows one to consume sugar but not gain weight? How does it happen biochemically in the body?

Because from what I've been led to believe sugar spikes your insulin and insulin tells the body to make fat cells, so sugar is like an expressway to gaining body fat. Where does that go wrong?
I gained a lot of weight peating because I made the switch too swiftly. If I had my time again I would begin slowly and stay low fat. I am still trying to lose the extra fat I gained. This post might be of some use.

(2) RP Says Glucose Helps T4 To T3, Then Why Fructose? | Ray Peat Forum

I’ve lowered cslories recently to 2500 KC per day roughly. From 3300. Cut down on starch so I am only getting a bit at dinner. With juice, fruit and a Coke during the day. I am warmer. And I think that Dr. Peat is right. Starch can easily be fattening and sugar can raise metabolism. That results in decoupling and futile cycles. Hence fat loss. And higher temperatures.

OP
M

marko9437

So you're saying because it raises the metabolic rate you're burning more nutrients so there are fewer available to go into fat?

Razvan

I can eat 3500 calories without meat and starch and i will loose weight. If i add the rice and the meat i get fat more easily.

Kris

I eat much less calories that RP recommends, and it is still difficult to loose weight. I do not agree with some of his recommendation: an adult should eat this amount of protein, and get this amount of calories... I find it all excessive. Eating less help the body to detoxify, your stomach and guts are not always full of food. We are not cows that keep digesting grass all day.

as to sugar, this is a myth that it makes you fat. it increases metabolism. sometimes I go on fruit fast, and lose 1 to 2kg fat per day.

aliml

Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) increases insulin and decreases glucagon levels, which will result in decreased blood glucose and weight loss.

Factors that May Increase GLP-1:

Resistant starch
Butyrate / Butter
Olive Oil
Cinnamon
Fructose / Honey and Citrus
Chlorogenic acid / Coffee
Olive leaf extract
Grape Seed Extract
Berberine
Resveratrol
Bile supplements