Big Muscles Little Fat - Lose Fat The Ray Peat Way!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I haven't switched. I do both. When raw cream is available I make some homemade but when its not, that Haagen Daz fills in nicely.

One time recently I thought I would get another brand of ice cream that was very similar to Haagen Daz, but there was one difference, the other brand, Edy's, had some type of vegetable gum in it for thickening purposes. And it did a number on me. Lesson learned: Avoid ice creams with any type of guar, or veg gum etc.

Well you answered my question about weather I should keep a hot sauce somebody gave me. It has all good ingredient, but it has guar gum listed second to last. I was gonna read up on it, but now I tossed it.

Ismail

I don't have sleep issues anymore since adding in sugars to my diet, but sometimes I do wake up and will go get a spoonful of raw honey to go back to sleep. I think your combo might help get me through to the morning better. I will give it a try and report back to you! Whole milk or?
Did you try this combo?

Ismail

Its quite a bit to recall.. so please forgive me if I leave something out.

Since coming here, I've stopped:
1 DMAE
2. Stopped being ultra low carb all the time
3. Stopped Huperzine A
4. Stopped Krill OIl
5. Stopped Saw Palmetto
6. Stopped Cymbalta

Then, the things I've started doing in no particular order:
1. Consuming carbs in the forms of some honey, lots of haagen daz ice cream, organic raisins
2 Carrols 2 or 3 times a week
3. Niacinamide and Benfotiamine
4.Methylene blue (sometimes with Vitamin C)
5 Pyrucet (just started)
6. Warm milk at night with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of organic cane sugar
7. Cistanche ( powerful stuff).

That's a loose list of things. I'm probably forgetting a couple of items on both lists.
Which brand of cistanche are you using?
How often do you take it? Do you cycle it?

? thanks.

Ismail

Well you answered my question about weather I should keep a hot sauce somebody gave me. It has all good ingredient, but it has guar gum listed second to last. I was gonna read up on it, but now I tossed it.
I read somewhere on this forum the negative effects of gums and thickeners - was a little disappointed as a lot of ice creams and hot sauces have them ?‍♂️

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I read somewhere on this forum the negative effects of gums and thickeners - was a little disappointed as a lot of ice creams and hot sauces have them ?‍♂️

Get yourself busy making my easy and quick No Cream ice cream Ismail! I have found some really good hot sauces too with simple ingredients. I think I will post them on my "Peaty Sweets Sauces & Such" thread later today!

Ismail

Get yourself busy making my easy and quick No Cream ice cream Ismail! I have found some really good hot sauces too with simple ingredients. I think I will post them on my "Peaty Sweets Sauces & Such" thread later today!

1633073757217.gif

firebreather

One of the biggest troubles I have is that when I reduce fat my thyroid symptoms get worse. I currently take 3/4 tab of Cynoplus every day and 1/2 tsp of black cumin but it only seems to help a small amount

OP
Rinse & rePeat
One of the biggest troubles I have is that when I reduce fat my thyroid symptoms get worse. I currently take 3/4 tab of Cynoplus every day and 1/2 tsp of black cumin but it only seems to help a small amount

Don't let my title fool you, because I think fat is good, but when to have it and what to have it with makes all the difference. Not eating enough protein and eating too much fat creates fat. Having fat at night when muscles "feed" is the optimal place to have fats if you want to maintain muscle or lose weight. Fat is very good for skin too. Eating fat with sugars is another good weight gain combo. Try cutting fats down during the day and have them at night instead. Do you eat ample amounts of protein? I am 5'4 and 58 years old and shoot for a minimum of 80 grams of protein a day and am happy if I can get 100 to 120.

firebreather

Don't let my title fool you, because I think fat is good, but when to have it and what to have it with makes all the difference. Not eating enough protein and eating too much fat creates fat. Having fat at night when muscles "feed" is the optimal place to have fats if you want to maintain muscle or lose weight. Fat is very good for skin too. Eating fat with sugars is another good weight gain combo. Try cutting fats down during the day and have them at night instead. Do you eat ample amounts of protein? I am 5'4 and 58 years old and shoot for a minimum of 80 grams of protein a day and am happy if I can get 100 to 120.

Ah okay I see. That makes sense. I probably don't get enough protein these days as ever since I started trying to get more carbs (4 or 5 years ago) protein has been very difficult for me. I probably get 120 on average. I'm 43 years old and 6' tall

OccamzRazer

Interesting stuff...your fat + protein OR protein + carbs combos are spot on when it comes to body composition!

I look and feel better, however, when eating mostly protein + fat during the day and mostly protein + carbs at night. Guess we're all different...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Interesting stuff...your fat + protein OR protein + carbs combos are spot on when it comes to body composition!

I look and feel better, however, when eating mostly protein + fat during the day and mostly protein + carbs at night. Guess we're all different...

I don't endorse protein + fat because you need and a sugar source to go with it to balance the protein, which thiugh is a good combo for weight gain, but not weight loss. Like you said we are all different and having different goals.

OccamzRazer

I don't endorse protein + fat because you need and a sugar source to go with it to balance the protein, which thiugh is a good combo for weight gain, but not weight loss. Like you said we are all different and having different goals.
Ah, thought you advocated for that elsewhere in the context of fat loss, nevermind!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ah, thought you advocated for that elsewhere in the context of fat loss, nevermind!

Ha! Ha! No fat + protein is low carb. I find lots of sugar (white sugar, raw honey & fruit) and no starches takes that layer of fat off and builds muscle quicker. I have been talking about it in my new weight loss thread,vwhichb8 linked below. I pulled an Occamz and did a play by play with progress reports and before & after pics after 6 weeks.

OccamzRazer

Ha! Ha! No fat + protein is low carb. I find lots of sugar (white sugar, raw honey & fruit) and no starches takes that layer of fat off and builds muscle quicker. I have been talking about it in my new weight loss thread,vwhichb8 linked below. I pulled an Occamz and did a play by play with progress reports and before & after pics after 6 weeks.

Oh ok nice, will check that out! Your meals there look amazing.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh ok nice, will check that out! Your meals there look amazing.

Thanks Occ! I am just doing what is necessary to keep that extra fat away denying myself fast food and pizza and choking down chocolates, ice cream and custards. Boy I can't wait to get off this diet, NOT!! ?

Jon2547

They have actually melted away a bit more. To the point where I have gotten rid of 80 percent of my clothes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
They have actually melted away a bit more. To the point where I have gotten rid of 80 percent of my clothes.
That is fantastic! I know you were trying some different products, were they attributed to your success? Have you kept in sugar sources and other "Peaty' things?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals