Big Muscles Little Fat - Lose Fat The Ray Peat Way!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I can see taking an overweight person and puting them on a vegan diet and they look better losing weight, but taking a person at a healthy weight and puting them on a vegan diet isn't looking like a good swap.

Attachments

• 20210922_220135.jpg
    20210922_220135.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210922_220147.jpg
    20210922_220147.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210922_220158.jpg
    20210922_220158.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210922_220214.jpg
    20210922_220214.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 20210922_222011.jpg
    20210922_222011.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210922_222023.jpg
    20210922_222023.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 35
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Everybody's skin looks so thin and their lips too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-225647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-225647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20210922-225501_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-225501_Samsung Internet.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 59
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If the diet doesn't contain enough protein to maintain the essential organs, especially the heart, lungs, and brain, they are supplied with protein from the skeletal muscles. Because of the amino acid composition of the muscle proteins, their destruction stimulates the formation of additional cortisol, to accelerate the movement of amino acids from the less important tissues to the essential ones." -Ray Peat

Jon2547

I am seeing some progress ever since going "partial Peat". I believe that in a few months my love handles will be completely gone.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am seeing some progress ever since going "partial Peat". I believe that in a few months my love handles will be completely gone.

Well this is exciting to hear and piques my curiosity as to what "Peatyish" things you have added?

Jon2547

Its quite a bit to recall.. so please forgive me if I leave something out.

Since coming here, I've stopped:
1 DMAE
2. Stopped being ultra low carb all the time
3. Stopped Huperzine A
4. Stopped Krill OIl
5. Stopped Saw Palmetto
6. Stopped Cymbalta

Then, the things I've started doing in no particular order:
1. Consuming carbs in the forms of some honey, lots of haagen daz ice cream, organic raisins
2 Carrols 2 or 3 times a week
3. Niacinamide and Benfotiamine
4.Methylene blue (sometimes with Vitamin C)
5 Pyrucet (just started)
6. Warm milk at night with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of organic cane sugar
7. Cistanche ( powerful stuff).

That's a loose list of things. I'm probably forgetting a couple of items on both lists.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Its quite a bit to recall.. so please forgive me if I leave something out.

Since coming here, I've stopped:
1 DMAE
2. Stopped being ultra low carb all the time
3. Stopped Huperzine A
4. Stopped Krill OIl
5. Stopped Saw Palmetto
6. Stopped Cymbalta

Then, the things I've started doing in no particular order:
1. Consuming carbs in the forms of some honey, lots of haagen daz ice cream, organic raisins
2 Carrols 2 or 3 times a week
3. Niacinamide and Benfotiamine
4.Methylene blue (sometimes with Vitamin C)
5 Pyrucet (just started)
6. Warm milk at night with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of organic cane sugar
7. Cistanche ( powerful stuff).

That's a loose list of things. I'm probably forgetting a couple of items on both lists.

I gotta make that carrot salad more important, thank for the reminder. RP does talk about it being good for keeping the excess fat away. I will make some as soon as I got done typing this. I am interested in your #6 too. I sometimes eat a spoonful of honey or have a shot of milk or both before bex, but I feel like the milk keeps me awake, so maybe the coconut oil could balance that. Ray did say somewhere that coconut oil can have an anti-histamine effect if you aren't allergic to it, which he says is quite common. How much milk are you drinking before bed?

P

Peatness

I gotta make that carrot salad more important, thank for the reminder. RP does talk about it being good for keeping the excess fat away. I will make some as soon as I got done typing this. I am interested in your #6 too. I sometimes eat a spoonful of honey or have a shot of milk or both before bex, but I feel like the milk keeps me awake, so maybe the coconut oil could balance that. Ray did say somewhere that coconut oil can have an anti-histamine effect if you aren't allergic to it, which he says is quite common. How much milk are you drinking before bed?
I can't bring myself to have the carrot salad lately. Mostly because I dread it but also even when rinsed my palms turn orange. I'm already a bit orange.

Jon2547

About five or six ounces. I warm it up just slightly on the stove first. I've noticed that with me, some cheese or milk a couple of hours before bed helps me to get at least an extra hour and a half of sleep. Which makes all the difference.

Jon2547

I can't bring myself to have the carrot salad lately. Mostly because I dread it but also even when rinsed my palms turn orange. I'm already a bit orange.
I would eat it every day except for the same reason. Going back to mid 1990s I used to turn orange from beta carotene pills. Wow what a fool I was for just taking any and every so-called healthy vitamin that came along.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
About five or six ounces. I warm it up just slightly on the stove first. I've noticed that with me, some cheese or milk a couple of hours before bed helps me to get at least an extra hour and a half of sleep. Which makes all the difference.

I don't have sleep issues anymore since adding in sugars to my diet, but sometimes I do wake up and will go get a spoonful of raw honey to go back to sleep. I think your combo might help get me through to the morning better. I will give it a try and report back to you! Whole milk or?

P

Peatness

I would eat it every day except for the same reason. Going back to mid 1990s I used to turn orange from beta carotene pills. Wow what a fool I was for just taking any and every so-called healthy vitamin that came along.
I did all sorts including fish oil! I did that for about 15 years! imagine. Interestingly my back is more orange than my front. So hypo

Jon2547

Whole milk only for me. Grassfed. And sometimes, raw whole milk. the Lord has blessed me to be able to purchase unpasteurized milk within five minutes of where I live.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Whole milk only for me. Grassfed. And sometimes, raw whole milk. the Lord has blessed me to be able to purchase unpasteurized milk within five minutes of where I live.

I got the blessing too having easy access to whole raw milk, cream and cheese.

Jon2547

I got the blessing too having easy access to whole raw milk, cream and cheese.
Sometimes I get the cream, but the last 2 times I have gone by, the cream has been sold out. I like to make ice cream with it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Sometimes I get the cream, but the last 2 times I have gone by, the cream has been sold out. I like to make ice cream with it.

Have you seen my no cream ice cream recipe thread? Here is my breakdown comparison to Haagen Daz vanilla....

2/3 cup Haagen Daz has:
fat 23 grams
protein 5 grams
Calcium 10%

2/3 cup of MINE:
fat 11 grams
protein 11 grams
35% calcium

Jon2547

Have you seen my no cream ice cream recipe thread? Here is my breakdown comparison to Haagen Daz vanilla....

2/3 cup Haagen Daz has:
fat 23 grams
protein 5 grams
Calcium 10%

2/3 cup of MINE:
fat 11 grams
protein 11 grams
35% calcium

I actually did see your post and that was why I decided to make my own ice cream.

Jon2547

I haven't switched. I do both. When raw cream is available I make some homemade but when its not, that Haagen Daz fills in nicely.

One time recently I thought I would get another brand of ice cream that was very similar to Haagen Daz, but there was one difference, the other brand, Edy's, had some type of vegetable gum in it for thickening purposes. And it did a number on me. Lesson learned: Avoid ice creams with any type of guar, or veg gum etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals