Fat Staying On Certain Areas Of The Body, Regardless Of Dieting?

redsun

IF without stress reaction is like resistance training. IF with stress reaction is like endurance training. Does this peaty analogy help you understand the nuance i'm trying to communicate? Adaptive stress good. Maladaptive bad.

When you first start out your IF plan might be to reduce to 4 meals per day.

I think IF isnt serving you too well seeing as you quickly resort to mockery despite my seemingly well-mannered post? Too much serotonin clearly.

I eat a flat 3 meals a day, so your attempt at insults is just making you look stupid. Not too mention I have done IF, for 2 years. Good luck trying to convince an ex-IF to go back to it when they have direct personal experience with it and have done much better off it. IF is a bad, unscientific embarrassment. IF by the way is not seeing how long you can go without food without a stress response, IF is minimized eating to one short window, say 8 hour to 4 hour window a day, sometimes 1 hour. If you want to increase time between meals correctly, what needs to be done is increasing liver glycogen storage, through cleaning the liver, taurine, biotin, thyroid, etc...

rei

I never insulted you, tried to help you understand me better since you obviously don't when you take my writings to mean more than i say. Peaty IF is to maximize time between meals without initiating stress response. Studies show that fasting periods specifically burn away the bad fat. This increases insulin sensitivity. This cures metabolic syndrome.

So my argument is that peaty IF might be the ultimate health fad that actually is evidence based science ;)

ebs

I never insulted you, tried to help you understand me better since you obviously don't when you take my writings to mean more than i say. Peaty IF is to maximize time between meals without initiating stress response. Studies show that fasting periods specifically burn away the bad fat. This increases insulin sensitivity. This cures metabolic syndrome.

So my argument is that peaty IF might be the ultimate health fad that actually is evidence based science ;)

In my experience and looking back (I also did IF for over a year) it didn't do much against insulin resistance symptoms I seem to have. I still got tired after a big meal, especially those big meals you indulge after the fasting window. Cold hands after most foods also remained an issue and may have even worsened. It's definitely a stressor to the body, but the benefits may outweigh the potential damage in the short-term (doing it for a month or two perhaps).

Brad Pilon's eat stop eat (fasting for 24 hours) seems to be supported by Peat if I recall correctly. I've done that a couple of times and I think it led to a huge boost in stress hormones as I felt manic at the end of the day.

BigChad

Yeh 1mg K2 is good. Overduing K2 causes its own problems. If you are talking about what I take for lowering estrogen, B6 in P5P form and zinc do help a lot. B6 is anti-estrogen, anti-cortisol, anti-adrenaline, pro-dopamine, pro-androgen. I take vitamin E occasionally. Zinc also synergizes with vitamin D because it increases vitamin D receptors and B5 and zinc also synergize. If you can get access to sunlight daily for half an hour a day and you arent too far from the equator that would be good for vitamin D, if not 5000 IU/day. Vitamin D is a must for men. B5 is necessary to synthesize cholesterol and steroids in the body including progesterone and cortisol(helps relieve adrenal insufficiency aka low cortisol) and androgens and has a role in virtually all bodily processes.

In short, vitamin D(either by sun or supplement), B5, B6, zinc, and B-complex to help fill in gaps for Bs.
I also take 50mcg T3, 25mcg 2x a day and consume 300-500mg caffeine a day as caffeine is very helpful as it reduces serotonin and estrogen, helps increase thyroid and androgens.

I think the DHEA link to heart problems or diseases is not what you think. In chronically stressed individuals, cortisol and other adrenal steroids are constantly secreted and DHEA levels as well as other pro-hormones are raised in the body as a means to counteract cortisol. But eventually cortisol will win if the stress is not alleviated and DHEA as well as other pro-hormones will drop and excessive cortisol and estrogen secretion will continue to happen. Cortisol and estrogen is involved in heart disease, not DHEA which usually is meant to convert to androgens. In a poor hormonal environment, DHEA can convert to estrogens instead. Aromatase inhibitors prevent that.

what are the issues with overdoing K2?
what about taking 8700Iu D3 daily, 1mg k1/1.5mg mk4/300mcg mk7 4x a week, and 15mg mk4 three times a week? vitamin A around 4500Iu a day, of which 3600IU is retinyl palmitate or acetate, the rest from carotene sources. vitamin E, 500IU 2x a week.

Cirion

Fasting is not peaty, ray has never suggested fasting as something to do especially if you're hypothyroid. All he has said is that someone healthy can last something like 12-16 hr without food, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. In addition, only a healthy person can do that, which by definition means someone who is NOT metabolically broken to begin with, so it is not a strategy to regenerate the metabolism.

redsun

what are the issues with overdoing K2?
what about taking 8700Iu D3 daily, 1mg k1/1.5mg mk4/300mcg mk7 4x a week, and 15mg mk4 three times a week? vitamin A around 4500Iu a day, of which 3600IU is retinyl palmitate or acetate, the rest from carotene sources. vitamin E, 500IU 2x a week.

Too much K2 can plummet calcium levels and in general can mess with other electrolytes if over done.

BigChad

Too much K2 can plummet calcium levels and in general can mess with other electrolytes if over done.

damn, did you find this out yourself or read something regarding it? what if you take D3 alongside the K2 MK4. I thought k2 mk4 was one of the safest fat solubles

redsun

damn, did you find this out yourself or read something regarding it? what if you take D3 alongside the K2 MK4. I thought k2 mk4 was one of the safest fat solubles

It is very safe because of its shorter half life and it is hard to overdose. The point is if you really go overboard you can have problems. Other fat solubles help antagonize its effects as well.

lampofred

RP said K2 is safe in basically any dose and that no harm was discovered even with crazy doses like 25 mg or something like that.

redsun

RP said K2 is safe in basically any dose.

That's not from what I have read with from older threads for those who have taken high doses of MK-4. Nothing is safe in any dose, especially because K2's effects on calcium levels, which dont get me wrong are usually good and probably more calcium in the diet may help prevent side effects. There is no sense in take ultra high dose amounts unless specifically for a condition like osteoporosis. Couple of milligrams a day is pretty good for its anabolic and anti-aromatase effects.

BigChad

That's not from what I have read with from older threads for those who have taken high doses of MK-4. Nothing is safe in any dose, especially because K2's effects on calcium levels, which dont get me wrong are usually good and probably more calcium in the diet may help prevent side effects. There is no sense in take ultra high dose amounts unless specifically for a condition like osteoporosis. Couple of milligrams a day is pretty good for its anabolic and anti-aromatase effects.

what are your thoughts on 1400mg calcium a day, 1200-1300mg phosphorus a day, along with 8600IU d3 a day, 4500Iu A a day (of which 3600 are preformed acetate/palmitate, rest carotene), 500IU vitamin E twice a week, 45IU E twice a week, 1mg k1/1.5mg MK4/300mcg mk7 four times a week, and 15mg MK4 three times a week. the K is always taken alongside some D and sometimes alongside some A

redsun

what are your thoughts on 1400mg calcium a day, 1200-1300mg phosphorus a day, along with 8600IU d3 a day, 4500Iu A a day (of which 3600 are preformed acetate/palmitate, rest carotene), 500IU vitamin E twice a week, 45IU E twice a week, 1mg k1/1.5mg MK4/300mcg mk7 four times a week, and 15mg MK4 three times a week. the K is always taken alongside some D and sometimes alongside some A

I dont see any problem with that at all, likely safe in the long term.

BigChad

I dont see any problem with that at all, likely safe in the long term.

What about the same setup except 10000iu supplemental vitamin d3 instead of 8700. All taken year round. And 500mg vitamin c 3x a week, maybe 500mg olive leaf extract daily.

K2 lowers calcium levels or raises them?

redsun

What about the same setup except 10000iu supplemental vitamin d3 instead of 8700. All taken year round. And 500mg vitamin c 3x a week, maybe 500mg olive leaf extract daily.

K2 lowers calcium levels or raises them?

K2 is anabolic for bones and helps take calcium out of tissues and into the bones. It can lower blood calcium levels as it puts more into the bones.

Well unless your area where you live in never has good sunlight at least during the summer you shouldnt keep vitamin D supplements that high year round. If you are getting more sun, take less vitamin D.

BigChad

K2 is anabolic for bones and helps take calcium out of tissues and into the bones. It can lower blood calcium levels as it puts more into the bones.

Well unless your area where you live in never has good sunlight at least during the summer you shouldnt keep vitamin D supplements that high year round. If you are getting more sun, take less vitamin D.

there is sunlight in the summer, but I dont get much. Not sure if I should try to get more.
Does calcium need to be in the bloodstream, does it have useful functions by running in the bloodstream?
And vitamin D3, puts more calcium in the bloodstream right? so vitamin d3 would be a way to counter the calcium lowering effects of K2?
since 15mg mk4 is a big dose i thought taking it alongside 10,000 IU d3 may be better
plus 300mcg mk7 four times a week which stays in the body longer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals