Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

Jam

whats TCD?
why would mct cause weight gain.
ive heard coconut oil safely burns, and quickly burns instead of being stored
The Croissant Diet, An attempt to mimick a traditional heavily stereotyped French diet high in saturated fat supplemented with additional stearic acid.

Dutchie

whats TCD?
why would mct cause weight gain.
ive heard coconut oil safely burns, and quickly burns instead of being stored
It's short for The Croissant Diet.
She said that mct's immediately go to the liver to be burned for energy....meaning that your bodyfat doesn't get burned.
The video explains it all better.

From my own experience,CO has never leaned me out. I actually often got the feeling that whatever dietary fat,I got in along with it,however small, was stored away.

Dr. B

It's short for The Croissant Diet.
She said that mct's immediately go to the liver to be burned for energy....meaning that your bodyfat doesn't get burned.
The video explains it all better.

From my own experience,CO has never leaned me out. I actually often got the feeling that whatever dietary fat,I got in along with it,however small, was stored away.
interesting. but wouldn't carbs do the same thing?

Dutchie

interesting. but wouldn't carbs do the same thing?
According to the croissant diet,it wouldn't in presence of high stearic acid. Though they do caution to get them mainly from starch.
At the first page of this thread you see a video about the diet.

Croissant diet is kind of a tongue in cheek name, bc the founder found that croissants had the perfect ratios of fat/macros.

Dutchie

Would love to add croissants, but very bad histamine reaction ??‍♂️
The name is misleading bc it's not about eating croissants or even necessary to eat them. It's about getting in plenty of stearic acid and keeping unsaturated fats and pufas,mainly linolei. acid, low.

Over the last few weeks I started introducing a chocolate bar (90g/100g) as soon as I woke up, I almost crave it now to the point that I can't start my day without it. Chocolate either milk or dark seems to give me a new lease of life and access to the child like energy that's discussed and I desire, I'm not sure whether it's the caffeine or the other dopaminergic stimulating substances in it.

I've had some pretty deteriorating mental health over the last year but I've found myself in a position now where if I'm going into a social situation if I have around 35g of chocolate before I'm back to my fun self again.

A few days I did almost just chocolate and fruit and realised my protein was too low so over the next few days I'm going to attempt a diet of skimmed milk, chocolate and maybe some liver to see how I feel. I know I'll be missing some nutrients but I want to test this for the short term energy. Any escape from a day of poor mental health feels like a huge win.

kaybb

Over the last few weeks I started introducing a chocolate bar (90g/100g) as soon as I woke up, I almost crave it now to the point that I can't start my day without it. Chocolate either milk or dark seems to give me a new lease of life and access to the child like energy that's discussed and I desire, I'm not sure whether it's the caffeine or the other dopaminergic stimulating substances in it.

I've had some pretty deteriorating mental health over the last year but I've found myself in a position now where if I'm going into a social situation if I have around 35g of chocolate before I'm back to my fun self again.

A few days I did almost just chocolate and fruit and realised my protein was too low so over the next few days I'm going to attempt a diet of skimmed milk, chocolate and maybe some liver to see how I feel. I know I'll be missing some nutrients but I want to test this for the short term energy. Any escape from a day of poor mental health feels like a huge win.
I hope you will update us. Do you have a favorite brand of chocolate ?

mamakitty

I went through a few weeks of eating high SA. My most frequent meal was simple tacos - corn tortillas fried in suet, with ground beef, salt, cheese. Other times I'd just fry some bread in it.
Eating a lot of SA in the form of suet is probably the most satiating way I've ever eaten.
I stopped eating that way, but I think there's probably something to it.
Hi, do you cook with suet straight from frozen or do you thaw it?

mamakitty

if you are skilled enough almost anything is possible, but protein from ruminant meat + the fats in it and cocoa butter you simply cannot overeat on. Maybe high stearic fatty cuts of beef like 20% ground beef with milk would be even healthier in the long run, but it takes more discipline to achieve same result.
While I agree ruminant meat is healthy and provides lots of nutrients, it is not satiating for me, even with saturated fat. When I was in my low carb phase of life, I could eat and eat meat with fat but not get satiated. So, I, for one, can definitely overeat meat and fat, despite everyone claiming one cannot.
I’m not saying milk isn’t the same but I never over do liquids because they make me feel pff.

mamakitty

Started at 14 with the bodybuilding stuff and progressed through all the fads to where I am now at 26. So about 12 years of dietary manipulation under my belt ?

I found out about pubmed at around 18 or so, that changed the game for me.
I keep forgetting how Young you are because of the wealth of knowledge you have and the way you talk.

I will be honest, I get put off when i find out the people giving health advice are in their early to mid twenties, practically babies. In your twenty, literally anything works, the body optimises looking “hot” for reproductive success. So I generally don’t listen to anyone that young.
However, I cannot stop listening to your podcasts. I love your work so far, very balanced no extremes. I have listened to every video of yours on YouTube so far. I actually eagerly wait for your videos every week. Good job and thank you!

I hope you will update us. Do you have a favorite brand of chocolate ?
I can report that while this is an enjoyable diet to follow, it always leads me into some disordered eating pattern. Maybe it's societal taboos of eating loads of croissant and chocolate but either way I'm not following this anymore. I will say when I eat a butter croissant by itself I almost feel leaner afterwards which is strange, but I can't bring myself to live off of croissants.

mamakitty

I can report that while this is an enjoyable diet to follow, it always leads me into some disordered eating pattern. Maybe it's societal taboos of eating loads of croissant and chocolate but either way I'm not following this anymore. I will say when I eat a butter croissant by itself I almost feel leaner afterwards which is strange, but I can't bring myself to live off of croissants.
When I eat a croissant by itself, I feel empty and weak, the feeling of lacking protein. Soon after I feel hungry and dizzy

When I eat a croissant by itself, I feel empty and weak, the feeling of lacking protein. Soon after I feel hungry and dizzy
That's interesting, I feel more sluggish when I pair it with protein. Not quite sure what it says about my metabolism but I know I am far from optimal.

Dr. B

what makes the croissant bread different from other breads like burger buns, sliced breads bagels etc. does the process of turning it into a croissant make it more easily digestible like nixtamalized corn tortillas
it should be doable living off them especially if you combined them with jam and used milk for your protein?

what makes the croissant bread different from other breads like burger buns, sliced breads bagels etc. does the process of turning it into a croissant make it more easily digestible like nixtamalized corn tortillas
it should be doable living off them especially if you combined them with jam and used milk for your protein?
I've tried figuring this out myself, I definitely don't get the same feeling of leanness from bread or even potatoes for that matter, not even the chocolate does it. To me a croissant tastes so light and is packed with the buttery goodness, could it the combination of ingredients who knows? I still haven't figured it out but anyway I've reduced my intake of the croissant for now mainly due to caloric reasons as I am leaning out at the moment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals