Potato Diet Thread

andrei

Hi all! I did a round of only potatoes for 6 weeks or so. I lost 5 kg or so. Primarily water and fat.
Potato protein is real and sufficient.
I went to normal eating for two weeks and maintained my weight.
Now i started a new round to drop another 3 kg. It is harder nkw because my bodyfat is low. But it is the only way of eating to fullness while in a deficit for me.
I keep supps to minimum now. I only do 1 drop oxidal at night. I think during a deficit you cannot tolerate too many supps.

Sharbysyd

Hi all! I did a round of only potatoes for 6 weeks or so. I lost 5 kg or so. Primarily water and fat.
Potato protein is real and sufficient.
I went to normal eating for two weeks and maintained my weight.
Now i started a new round to drop another 3 kg. It is harder nkw because my bodyfat is low. But it is the only way of eating to fullness while in a deficit for me.
I keep supps to minimum now. I only do 1 drop oxidal at night. I think during a deficit you cannot tolerate too many supps.

I'm so tempted to do this. My main fear with doing it is that I seem to have had some blood sugar problems where if I haven't eaten enough or haven't eaten at strict times, I had trouble sleeping and then potential fatigue or should I say worse fatigue, the next day. But I may try it when I have a few days that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.

DaveFoster

I'm so tempted to do this. My main fear with doing it is that I seem to have had some blood sugar problems where if I haven't eaten enough or haven't eaten at strict times, I had trouble sleeping and then potential fatigue or should I say worse fatigue, the next day. But I may try it when I have a few days that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.
I'm eating only salted baked potatoes and drinking skimmed milk. I'm losing weight.

revenant

I ate a lot of (but not only) potatoes for 6 months and maybe 1500-1800 kcal per day (which is pretty easy since potatoes increase satiety a lot). Lost weight steadily, but then after I stopped, I quickly regained it all. Probably wrecked my metabolism even more with that whole diet, so I'm not convinced it's a good long-term solution.

Sharbysyd

I ate a lot of (but not only) potatoes for 6 months and maybe 1500-1800 kcal per day (which is pretty easy since potatoes increase satiety a lot). Lost weight steadily, but then after I stopped, I quickly regained it all. Probably wrecked my metabolism even more with that whole diet, so I'm not convinced it's a good long-term solution.

Thanks. Good to know. I was kind of reluctant to try eating only one food. Especially potatoes without fat on them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals