Your opinion and my report of a fat-free or low-fat diet

Motorneuron

They are just assumptions and they will remain so, there is no documentable evidence in everything you say. The only thing that comes to mind about individuals benefiting from low fat is primary mitochondrial disease or severe disorders in the enzymes involved within krebs and especially peroxisome. No magic in low fat.

youngsinatra

Recently came off my long-term (close to 2 years) low fat diet. (~10% calories from fat)

My bile flow just shut down without dietary fats. I also noticed a big decrease in libido and very worsening skin health. I think after a while my brain health got affected aswell.

The most precious organ, our brain, is literally made out of fatty acids and cholesterol.

Humans evolved eating primarily fats and proteins. A part of the forum is switching to a low fat, lower protein, high carbohydrate diet which is not good for homo sapiens in my opinion.

I am experimenting with a high fat lower carbohydrate diet since last month and lots of improvements here.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I only lasted about a month on a very low fat diet. My temperatures went down and I didn't reach 98.6 some afternoons. I lost weight I didn't intend to lose. And it didn't help my blood sugars after meals.

OP
R

Roni123@

I'm going back to fat, I found it interesting that today I woke up and had a tea with sugar and my body warmed up quickly, but it's probably going to be a drop in energy if I run out of fat I think filling all the cells with glucose is more than enough to allow the body to restore itself, normally before I was consuming half the carbs and triple the fat now.

Recently came off my long-term (close to 2 years) low fat diet. (~10% calories from fat)

My bile flow just shut down without dietary fats. I also noticed a big decrease in libido and very worsening skin health. I think after a while my brain health got affected aswell.

The most precious organ, our brain, is literally made out of fatty acids and cholesterol.

Humans evolved eating primarily fats and proteins. A part of the forum is switching to a low fat, lower protein, high carbohydrate diet which is not good for homo sapiens in my opinion.

I am experimenting with a high fat lower carbohydrate diet since last month and lots of improvements here.
Why did you wait two years to change things?

Candy

Recientemente salí de mi dieta baja en grasas a largo plazo (cerca de 2 años). (~10% calorías de grasa)

Mi flujo de bilis simplemente se detuvo sin grasas en la dieta. También noté una gran disminución en la libido y un empeoramiento de la salud de la piel. Creo que después de un tiempo la salud de mi cerebro también se vio afectada.

El órgano más preciado, nuestro cerebro, está hecho literalmente de ácidos grasos y colesterol.

Los humanos evolucionaron comiendo principalmente grasas y proteínas. Una parte del foro está cambiando a una dieta baja en grasas, baja en proteínas y alta en carbohidratos que, en mi opinión, no es buena para el homo sapiens.

Estoy experimentando con una dieta alta en grasas y baja en carbohidratos desde el mes pasado y muchas mejoras aquí.
How is your diet today?

OP
R

Roni123@

I'm making a lot of progress on a low fat diet, but I think it's momentary, I'm managing to tolerate starches a lot, my dream is to be able to eat starches again and then I could easily reach 600 - 700 grams of carbohydrates with only starch and no starch

Sefton10

All roads eventually lead to moderate fat, carbs, and protein.

OP
R

Roni123@

I noticed that I gained muscle mass and a little body fat, but my face is thin, my hair is thin and very soft, why is that?

-Luke-

All roads eventually lead to moderate fat, carbs, and protein.
Yes, whenever I tried to take the road to one of the "low X" destinations I eventually ended up at an impasse and had to turn around to return to the place I never should have left. Home, sweet home!

Sefton10

Yes, whenever I tried to take the road to one of the "low X" destinations I eventually ended up at an impasse and had to turn around to return to the place I never should have left. Home, sweet home!
We’ve all done it. Whenever you go to an extreme some sort of deficiency will arise that leads to the inevitable swing to the opposite end. It feels good in the short term as the deficiencies are replenished but then new ones soon appear and off we go again. Vegan/carnivore the most obvious example.

Don Matesz has been swinging between extremes for years. He describes it quite well here: How I Fixed Foot Swelling (Lower Limb Edema)

ursidae

Do you consume more animal fats now ?

low fat was problematic for me but when I replenished with animal fat in the form of butter and egg yolks, I got rid of some of the old problems but also acquired new ones. I find most animal fats are either causing issues for me (dairy, egg) or are quite repulsive in taste (ruminant and poultry fat). Sockeye salmon fat tastes okay though and doesn't seem to be causing issues but it's not meant to be a staple source of fat

I mostly do cocoa butter/olive oil but sometimes they don't feel like food for humans and perhaps the brain needs animal fat

Last edited:
OP
R

Roni123@

brothers I will go back to consuming fat, this time around 50% of calories, just today that I didn't do anything excessive it was impossible to maintain body temperature and I have a lot of gas from milk which is a sign of metabolic regression for me, because I I became intolerant and went back to consuming it with a non-starch diet probably because my starch recovered I can't keep my attention on anything at all emotionally shaken very easily and get tired very fast, all this in just a few days without fat, this is really terrible

youngsinatra

Do you consume more animal fats now ?

low fat was problematic for me but when I replenished with animal fat in the form of butter and egg yolks, I got rid of some of the old problems but also acquired new ones. I find most animal fats are either causing issues for me (dairy, egg) or are quite repulsive in taste (ruminant and poultry fat). Sockeye salmon fat tastes okay though and doesn't seem to be causing issues but it's not meant to be a staple source of fat

I mostly do cocoa butter/olive oil but sometimes they don't feel like food for humans and perhaps the brain needs animal fat
Primarily extra virgin olive oil, raw mixed nuts, some avocado here in there. Not totally going overboard with fats and not totally restricting carbohydrates. When I eat too low fat, it becomes too bland. If I eat too much fats, without starch, it becomes so so greasy.

I still eat some organic brown rice and some fruits, but not going overboard on carbs. Definitely not on a low carb or keto diet.

“Between 1912 and 1927 there were several studies that reported that animals could live on a fat-free diet, and that in fact they lived longer, and without the normal mortality from cancer.” -Ray Peat

FitnessMike

My blood sugar, energy and libido is better on a higher fat diet. I think just the fact that you're having more carbs is what helps you. Try 40-60g fat and 400g+ carbs instead of <10g fat.

Liquids are also not the best for satiety. I craved starches a lot more on a very low fat liquid diet. When I eat more meat and eggs with salt, I crave starches significantly less.
im strangely weak in the gym, could it be due to low fat ? (40g), with around 500g carbs and total of 3500kcal.

Hans

Forum Supporter
im strangely weak in the gym, could it be due to low fat ? (40g), with around 500g carbs and total of 3500kcal.
Perhaps. Fats are needed to create testosterone and some people do need more fats in their diet to feel optimal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals