Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

mamakitty

That's interesting, I feel more sluggish when I pair it with protein. Not quite sure what it says about my metabolism but I know I am far from optimal.
I’m far from optimal too! But I cannot not have protein in my meals. Anytime I have only carbs or fats I feel so sick. Carbs and fat together are slightly better but not by much. I feel super hungry if I don’t have protein with it. On the other hand, I also feel very hungry and hypoglycaemic if I eat only protein!
So, basically I gotta have all of them together in the meal or I suffer.

Dr. B

I've tried figuring this out myself, I definitely don't get the same feeling of leanness from bread or even potatoes for that matter, not even the chocolate does it. To me a croissant tastes so light and is packed with the buttery goodness, could it the combination of ingredients who knows? I still haven't figured it out but anyway I've reduced my intake of the croissant for now mainly due to caloric reasons as I am leaning out at the moment.
have you had a similar effect from baklava? croissants and baklava often use pufa oils dont they. the croissant and baklava are like layers of some paper thin material. not like the typical pasta or loaf of bread or etc... there's a greek item which also uses that thin dough i think its spanakopita

skittles

Hi, do you cook with suet straight from frozen or do you thaw it?
The one at the store around here is like, shredded and frozen. I just put a few spoonfuls of the shredded frozen stuff in a pan, and it melts down into a liquid pretty rapidly

mamakitty

The one at the store around here is like, shredded and frozen. I just put a few spoonfuls of the shredded frozen stuff in a pan, and it melts down into a liquid pretty rapidly
I have the shredded frozen one too! Cool I will attempt it

Sefton10

Stearic Acid & Mitochondrial Health​

jay123

is stearic acid in beef tallow and milk? or only coconut oil?
Screenshot_20220823-123108.png

moa

The 28-40 grams is quite a bit, since you weren't melting it into food or anything. It you look through Haidut's thread on Stearic Acid, he suggests that it would have an antibiotic effect (all saturated fats do), so some part being undigested could probably be beneficial. But 28 grams per day, every day? That might cause issues.

I've been eating that amount from 100--150g white chocolate par day the past 10 days, and i have developed very pale, yellow stools, not greasy, mostly hard.

i think it didn't get absorbed with low stomach acid, as i have low stomach acid because I'm recovering from acid reflux.

maybe if you eat with food and have good digestion.

but the pale yellow stools means they do have a strong antibiotic effect. i took vitamin k also.

Croissants have always been forgiving on me, as long as I don’t make a sandwich out of them or have them with other foods at the same time. I think I am going to heat one up right now!

Dr. B

Croissants have always been forgiving on me, as long as I don’t make a sandwich out of them or have them with other foods at the same time. I think I am going to heat one up right now!
Which brands? Some use pufa but costcos are butter only the main thing is they aren’t organic and use a minuscule amount of vitamin A/D fortified milk in them

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals