Your opinion and my report of a fat-free or low-fat diet

Roni123@

Hi guys, I was wandering around the group looking for something curious for me to see and I came across some posts from people who took low fat seriously and saw their bodies literally turn into a furnace

i was trying to heal my gut which unfortunately the starch destroyed entirely and after seeing some posts i decided to go starch free and low fat (my 2 day already) and really my stamina just doubled as my serving is extremely physically exhausting (14-15 hours a day with dangerous animals, heavy tools and others... I am a farmer in the RIO GRANDE DO SUL region of Brazil, and I also noticed that I am getting much warmer than before

basically 2-3 L of Milk with 0.8 - 1.5 of fat (I heat it up and remove the fat after 24 Hours) 100 grams of white sugar,
200 grams of honey, 500 ml to 1 liter of orange juice and some lean meat

Does anyone have their testimonial or opinion about a low fat or fat free diet?

I'm currently eating 20-38 grams of fat a day (not sure when it's too much or too little)

@Hans @tca300

Hi guys, I was wandering around the group looking for something curious for me to see and I came across some posts from people who took low fat seriously and saw their bodies literally turn into a furnace

i was trying to heal my gut which unfortunately the starch destroyed entirely and after seeing some posts i decided to go starch free and low fat (my 2 day already) and really my stamina just doubled as my serving is extremely physically exhausting (14-15 hours a day with dangerous animals, heavy tools and others... I am a farmer in the RIO GRANDE DO SUL region of Brazil, and I also noticed that I am getting much warmer than before

basically 2-3 L of Milk with 0.8 - 1.5 of fat (I heat it up and remove the fat after 24 Hours) 100 grams of white sugar,
200 grams of honey, 500 ml to 1 liter of orange juice and some lean meat

Does anyone have their testimonial or opinion about a low fat or fat free diet?

I'm currently eating 20-38 grams of fat a day (not sure when it's too much or too little)

@Hans @tca300

I have documented my low-fat no starch results in these two threads, linked below. coffeelover just posted this morning that she is having good results from going starchless and low fat, losing fat and gaining muscle, when nothing else has worked. Here is what she posted today…

“Hey! I have an update!! Since tweaking things for the past almost month, I have finally found something that's working!! I measured myself on a fancy scale at a health store 2 weeks ago and today and here's the update:

Lost 4.7 lb of body fat
Gained almost 1 lb of muscle
Lost about 5 lb on the scale
Have received a couple comments about looking good/different and definitely notice my stomach being flatter!

I take the scale readings with a grain of salt, but with all the drastic changes I've made I'm so so so happy to be seeing results! It motivates me to keep avoiding starches and keeping the fat low. And by the way, even though I'm a bit hungry between meals/snacks, I'm eating over 1800 cal so definitely not starving myself.“

OP
R

Roni123@

I confess that I had to eat white rice at night or once a day to keep myself full, I ate around 500 grams of white rice a day, but I think that now it is not necessary, simply the desire ended for starch, this is kinda crazy and even the white rice made me sick

Hans

Forum Supporter
My blood sugar, energy and libido is better on a higher fat diet. I think just the fact that you're having more carbs is what helps you. Try 40-60g fat and 400g+ carbs instead of <10g fat.

Liquids are also not the best for satiety. I craved starches a lot more on a very low fat liquid diet. When I eat more meat and eggs with salt, I crave starches significantly less.

I confess that I had to eat white rice at night or once a day to keep myself full, I ate around 500 grams of white rice a day, but I think that now it is not necessary, simply the desire ended for starch, this is kinda crazy and even the white rice made me sick
The thing that I notice not eating starches is that I don’t get cravings or have that unsteady blood sugar hunger. I eat proteins and, maybe drink a fresh ginger soda later on and I never get hungry. Lately I have just been eating fruit at night and then have an appetite for it, when I never do with any protein at night. I feel energetic!

OP
R

Roni123@

Do any of you know how I can totally remove the fat from milk at home?

Do any of you know how I can totally remove the fat from milk at home?
I buy raw whole milk and I was skimming the layer of cream off the top with a turkey baster. If you don’t have that obvious layer then I don’t know a way to do it.

OP
R

Roni123@

I buy raw whole milk and I was skimming the layer of cream off the top with a turkey baster. If you don’t have that obvious layer then I don’t know a way to do it.
ray Peat used to answer my questions a lot when I asked, now it's been months he doesn't answer me anymore.... I think heating the milk and letting it cool for 25 hours creates a bigger layer of cream

ray Peat used to answer my questions a lot when I asked, now it's been months he doesn't answer me anymore.... I think heating the milk and letting it cool for 25 hours creates a bigger layer of cream
That is an interesting method. Yeah same for me, Ray Peat would answer my question within the hour and my last two he hasn’t answered either.

T

tca300

I was in a strange period of experimentation in my life when I did a bit over a year of strict low fat ( around 25 grams per day, then I dropped it to around 3 grams for several months ).

I lost a lot of muscular strength within a few days. No issues walking 5+ miles everyday, but lifting weights was difficult and the major drop in strength was mentally hard to deal with.

After about 5 or so months my libido started to disappear and my resistance to mental stress really started to tank. I started to suffer pretty bad persistent anhedonia, which was extremely difficult to deal with.

When I dropped the fat to ~3 grams per day I noticed my sleep started to suffer horribly and I became extremely anxious regarding whatever my intrusive thoughts wanted to plague me with that particular day. I also became very paranoid about people breaking into my home. Some nights I'd literally sit in my living room with a gun while my family slept, worried someone would break in and attempt to harm them.

I ended up with horrible gallbladder pains and pale stools, likely from insufficient bile flow stimulation ( definitely have at least one meal per day with no less than 10 grams of fat ).

After adding fats back into my diet everything started to improve. It took a good chunk of time but I recovered from that experience. Maybe others can do a low fat diet without issues but it is practically a death sentence for me and I'll never do it again willingly.

The foods I lived off of during that time were Skim milk, orange juice, pineapple juice, honey, white button mushrooms, liver, oysters, raw carrots, hydrogenated coconut oil, mct oil, coffee and some supplements.
When I dropped the fat extremely low ( ~3 grams ) it was just skim milk, boiled liver, honey, coffee, and supplements.

I think dietary fat is extremely important. For way too many reasons to list. @Roni123@

ursidae

I was in a strange period of experimentation in my life when I did a bit over a year of strict low fat ( around 25 grams per day, then I dropped it to around 3 grams for several months ).

I lost a lot of muscular strength within a few days. No issues walking 5+ miles everyday, but lifting weights was difficult and the major drop in strength was mentally hard to deal with.

After about 5 or so months my libido started to disappear and my resistance to mental stress really started to tank. I started to suffer pretty bad persistent anhedonia, which was extremely difficult to deal with.

When I dropped the fat to ~3 grams per day I noticed my sleep started to suffer horribly and I became extremely anxious regarding whatever my intrusive thoughts wanted to plague me with that particular day. I also became very paranoid about people breaking into my home. Some nights I'd literally sit in my living room with a gun while my family slept, worried someone would break in and attempt to harm them.

I ended up with horrible gallbladder pains and pale stools, likely from insufficient bile flow stimulation ( definitely have at least one meal per day with no less than 10 grams of fat ).

After adding fats back into my diet everything started to improve. It took a good chunk of time but I recovered from that experience. Maybe others can do a low fat diet without issues but it is practically a death sentence for me and I'll never do it again willingly.

The foods I lived off of during that time were Skim milk, orange juice, pineapple juice, honey, white button mushrooms, liver, oysters, raw carrots, hydrogenated coconut oil, mct oil, coffee and some supplements.
When I dropped the fat extremely low ( ~3 grams ) it was just skim milk, boiled liver, honey, coffee, and supplements.

I think dietary fat is extremely important. For way too many reasons to list. @Roni123@

pretty similar experience for me

horrible sleep
anhedonia
low resistance to mental stress
gallbladder pain

OP
R

Roni123@

after adding the fats back, do you still have an extremely fast metabolism? I saw in a post that you said to ingest something around 4 liters of water because it literally burned i was thinking about going fat free for a month to let the body work nice and i actually even two days fat free i am so much hotter

OP
R

Roni123@

pretty similar experience for me

horrible sleep
anhedonia
low resistance to mental stress
gallbladder pain
this is amazing, i will do something of this for a month, after that i will have to add some eggs and butter

T

tca300

@Roni123@ With dairy fat and grassfed tallow as my only sources of fat my body temperature is higher than it was on very low fat. I wake up at 98.6°F and by noon I'm between 99.0°F - 99.5°F. On low fat I'd wake up in the 97's and barely get to 98.6° by mid-day. I drink probably 6-8 cups of water per day, on top of 20 or so cups of milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

Roni123@

@Roni123@ With dairy fat and grassfed tallow as my only sources of fat my boddy temperature is higher than it was on very low fat. I wake up at 98.6°F and by noon I'm between 99.0°F - 99.5°F. On low fat I'd wake up in the 97's and barely get to 98.6° by mid-day. I drink probably 6-8 cups of water per day, on top of 20 or so cups of milk.
tca300 what do you perceive mentally when having a high metabolic rate? life has become easier ?? I think most probably have a poor metabolism and correcting it makes you above those who don't correct it right ??

T

tca300

tca300 what do you perceive mentally when having a high metabolic rate? life has become easier ?? I think most probably have a poor metabolism and correcting it makes you above those who don't correct it right ??
I do see myself as above most, a god of sorts....

:lol: Not really

I dont get sick, I'm patient, when someone is mean I assume they are sick and not just an evil meany, positive outlook, bad circumstances dont bother me much, my sleep is great, I dont anger easily, etc.. All of that is based on a 180 change I noticed in myself from when my health was blatantly suffering. I dont know if any of that has to do with a high metabolic rate or not. Probably just correcting hypothyroidism, liver dysfunction, bacteria overgrowth, pancreatic inflammation, and chronic exposure to allergenic foods.

OP
R

Roni123@

I do see myself as above most, a god of sorts....

:lol: Not really

I dont get sick, I'm patient, when someone is mean I assume they are sick and not just an evil meany, positive outlook, bad circumstances dont bother me much, my sleep is great, I dont anger easily, etc.. All of that is based on a 180 change I noticed in myself from when my health was blatantly suffering. I dont know if any of that has to do with a high metabolic rate or not. Probably just correcting hypothyroidism, liver dysfunction, bacteria overgrowth, pancreatic inflammation, and chronic exposure to allergenic foods.
wow I really think so I shouldn't do almost fat free anymore, I can't get weak like that, it's just that I found the rat experiment that Ray shared in his articles interesting, very interesting

T

tca300

wow I really think so I shouldn't do almost fat free anymore, I can't get weak like that, it's just that I found the rat experiment that Ray shared in his articles interesting, very interesting
No harm in doing experiments, as long as you don't persevere despite bad symptoms. I'd definitely stop if you start to feel poopy.

OP
R

Roni123@

No harm in doing experiments, as long as you don't persevere despite bad symptoms. I'd definitely stop if you start to feel poopy.
We'll see, but I think keeping a calorie intake from carbs at a minimum of 55% is already very fair to oxidize glucose efficiently and make the thyroid robust.
my dream is to know if having a high metabolism can improve my ability to develop skills especially soccer and math

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals