Am I fat like a wild pig?

area51puy

Forum Supporter
So I have been doing I would say a peat inspired
diet for about a month now and have gained about 30 pounds. And probably it is half muscle and half fat and water. I would say I averaged 20-30 pounds overweight most of my life prior to the keto and carnivore diet I was on.

About 2 years ago I got pretty thin doing keto and intermittent fasting and probably was down to 10 percent body fat ,but also lost a lot of muscle. but my keto diet mostly consisted of kale with salad dressing filled with PUFAs and some meat and as soon as I would get off I would add 10 pound and killed my metabolism slowly but I did not realize at the time and looking back I just thought the loss of energy was just getting older.

so last year I did the carnivore diet for about a year eating and eat almost exclusively steak and beef and averaged about 2 pounds a day and a lot of fat, but had some periods eating regular food but making an effort to keep PUFAs out.

so starting the peat diet I am eating a ton of carbs/ aiming for sucrose /fructose that I haven’t really eaten in years, but I have gained weight but also put on a lot muscle and feeling great and my strength and energy are through roof compared to where I was a couple a months ago.

so my question is the fat I put on is firm fat. Before my fat was always kind of soft jiggly prior to keto /carnivore .And just to be clear this is fat over the muscle.

but I heard pigs feed grains have high amounts of pufa and their fat was soft /jiggly , but a wild pig or a pig in captivity feed a proper diet their fat was firm and consisted of saturated fat.

so does this apply to humans too? Is this why my fat is firm or is it some else? Extra water?

anybody else experience this ?

Vileplume

I didn’t know the distinction between firm fat and soft fat, so that distinction interests me a lot. I’ve been doing Peat-inspired eating for almost a year, and at first, I’d say I put on about 15 pounds of firm fat. I felt great, good energy, social.

Then, around October, I started to take a turn for the worst, mentally. I’m just now piecing together what went wrong to cause this downward turn, which I think was too much liquids, additives in the milk I drank, and unaddressed hypothyroidism, all of which caused hypoglycemia. In this state, where I felt bad, I started to gain a lot of soft fat.

So I would say that if you feel good, it’s more likely that you are indeed fat like a wild boar, which is a good thing. If you feel good and energized, that’s a good sign.

diet for about a month now and have gained about 30 pounds. And probably it is half muscle and half fat and water. I would say I averaged 20-30 pounds overweight most of my life prior to the keto and carnivore diet I was on.

About 2 years ago I got pretty thin doing keto and intermittent fasting and probably was down to 10 percent body fat ,but also lost a lot of muscle. but my keto diet mostly consisted of kale with salad dressing filled with PUFAs and some meat and as soon as I would get off I would add 10 pound and killed my metabolism slowly but I did not realize at the time and looking back I just thought the loss of energy was just getting older.

so last year I did the carnivore diet for about a year eating and eat almost exclusively steak and beef and averaged about 2 pounds a day and a lot of fat, but had some periods eating regular food but making an effort to keep PUFAs out.

so starting the peat diet I am eating a ton of carbs/ aiming for sucrose /fructose that I haven’t really eaten in years, but I have gained weight but also put on a lot muscle and feeling great and my strength and energy are through roof compared to where I was a couple a months ago.

so my question is the fat I put on is firm fat. Before my fat was always kind of soft jiggly prior to keto /carnivore .And just to be clear this is fat over the muscle.

but I heard pigs feed grains have high amounts of pufa and their fat was soft /jiggly , but a wild pig or a pig in captivity feed a proper diet their fat was firm and consisted of saturated fat.

so does this apply to humans too? Is this why my fat is firm or is it some else? Extra water?

I can relate area51puy! I too had that jiggly fat even though I fit well into my size 6. I thought that it was from getting older until I heard the term "Skinny Fat". I decided to quit gauging my figure by the scale and put on 15 pounds of muscle, the "Peat" way, void of carbs and scarily add in lots sugar. I was so so surprised that my 20 pound weight gain had my legs looking 20 years younger, with no snakey skin or jiggle, and I still fit into my size 6 no stretch romper! Dump your carbs, oils, and high fat dairy and eat more raw honey and sugar. Don't let that scale judge you anymore either,block away! How you feel and how you look is much more important. I wish I had documented my various journeys long ago, but i did start documenting them the past 4 years and here is my before and after pic to prove my point ?

Attachments

• 20191209_113020.jpg
    20191209_113020.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 134

johnwester130

ever tried cooking in vegetaline, hydrogenated coconut oil?

Should help removing PUFA from the body

Jessie

It's possible that changes in your hormonal profile altered how you store bodyfat. People with high cortisol and estrogen will devlope lots of fluffy fat around their belly, kind of like the infamous "beer gut." It's really more of a bloated look then a thick look.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
ever tried cooking in vegetaline, hydrogenated coconut oil?

Should help removing PUFA from the body
I’ve been actively avoiding PUFAs and for the past year was eating a heavy diet of ribeye steaks and t-bone , supplemented a 90 percent lure steric acid for about a month and about the last 3 months I was eating grass fed beef and eating it with guacamole and sour cream while doing intermittent fasting during the day before I started the peat diet and recently started taking idealabs defibron and mitolipin which is supposed to help displace PUFAs.
I haven’t been tested but I would suspect I may have displaced a lot of PUFAs from body.

but I will look into it and probably add it.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
It's possible that changes in your hormonal profile altered how you store bodyfat. People with high cortisol and estrogen will devlope lots of fluffy fat around their belly, kind of like the infamous "beer gut." It's really more of a bloated look then a thick look.
Possibly but listening to haidut, Danny , ray I have added a lot of their suggestion like adding topical progesterone and taking pregnelone , along with aspirin, niaciamide , methylene blue vitamin e and the vitamin e in idealabs defibron and and mitolipin along with peat diet that is supposed to help with estrogen and cortisol. But again I haven’t been tested so could be.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I guess where I got this idea from was guy named Brad Marshall who came up with the croissant diet who lost a list of weight by adding pure steric acid mixed in butter to the croissants instead of PUFAs that most Americans use in the croissants that are made.

Found this and excerpt from a podcast he was in.

There is a lot of misunderstanding about fat ratios of saturated and unsaturated fats e.g. the saturation level of butter is higher than fat in ground beef which is higher than lard.

[1:02:49] – It’s important to consider the diet of the animal you eat. Brad explains how in the US a lot of bacon is high in polyunsaturated fat due to the pigs being fed the waste products of the ethanol refinery industry. Chicken fat is also high in polyunsaturated fat due to the diet its being fed.

Brad’s Bacon Tip: You can tell how high the polyunsaturated fat content of the bacon is by picking it up and testing how firm it is. You can also render out the fat and bring down to room temperature to see if it gets nice and firm.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Historical Hog Diets​

It has been known for well over 100 years that pigs fed barley and skim milk, as opposed to corn and soybeans make the best, firmest bacon, and that the reason for this is that the fat of pigs fed barley and skim milk have low levels of Omega 6 PUFA (linoleic acid) and high levels of Saturated fat (Stearic acid and palmitic acid). Consider these passages from 1912 in the Cyclopedia of American Agriculture:

Screenshot-2019-11-25-at-11.18.24-AM.png

Stearin in that passage means stearic acid, palmatin is palmitic acid, the 16 carbon length fat that is named after palm oil, and olein is oleic acid – monounsaturated fat found in olive oil. How did the European market value the soft American bacon?

PUFA in Modern American Pork​

Believe it or not, the situation in the US has gotten significantly worse since the 1960s. There have been two major developments that have increased the PUFA content of pork. The first was the changing hog genetics in the 1990s due to the low fat craze. The second development was the birth of the ethanol-as-fuel industry in the early 2000s, which created a cheap stream of high-oil Dried Distillers Grains (DDGS) as a byproduct, a cheap oily hog feed.

In the 1990s, the consumer was demanding leaner pork and the industry obliged. They selected for leaner and leaner hogs, to great effect. This had a positive effect on the bottom lines of meat packing companies because the hogs had a higher percentage of salable lean meat. It wasn’t intentional, but when scientists looked at WHY these pigs remained lean, they found out that the pigs had downregulated the genes involved in de novo lipogenesis – they had become very bad at turning starch into fat! Now, while this may sound like a neat trick, the outcome is actually disastrous.

As I’ve mentioned, animals can only create saturated and monounsaturated fat through de novo lipogenesis. All PUFA has to come from the diet. These ultra lean pigs, however, are forced to get all of their fat from their diet since they can’t make their own. And the vast majority of the fat in their diet is Omega 6 PUFA. I’ve raised a few of these ultra-lean pigs on a wheat based diet that created firm fat in heritage breeds. I’ve raised them side by side with the heritage pigs and the diet actually doesn’t matter for those pigs, they never produce firm fat.

The second event was the dawn of the ethanol industry. Currently 30% of the American corn crop is converted into ethanol and added to the nation’s gasoline supply. Corn starts off as a combination of starch, protein, fat and fiber. Only the starch gets converted to alcohol. The spent grains, therefore have a much higher proportion of fat, protein and fiber. This is a cheap feed for hogs and so it is used widely across the Midwest where the vast majority of the nation’s pork is produced. This study shows the disastrous results of feeding DDGS to pigs. The table shows the percentage of pork fat that is SFA, MUFA and PUFA. I have three different sources of lard on the chart. A heritage hog I finished on wheat and pasture and sent in for testing, the theoretical lard listed by the USDA and the pig from the linked paper. I also included chicken fat and eggs, which we’ll get to next. As comparisons I’ve added butter and canola oil.

SFAMUFAPUFA6/3
Butter (According to the USDA, as a reference)632649:1
Lard (Pig from my farm, wheat finished)43%46%6%6:1
Lard (According to the USDA)39%44%11%10:1
Lard (Finished with corn and 16% DDG)30%40%28%33:1
Chicken Fat (According to the USDA)31%45%24%24:1
Egg Yolk (According to the USDA)36%44%16%35:1
Canola Oil7%63%28%2:1
As you can see from the table, not only is the fat from pigs fed DDGS as high in PUFA as canola oil, the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio is disastrous! Pigs don’t like to store Omega 3 fats. Omega 3 fats are HIGHLY prone to oxidation, can you blame them?

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
True, but are Wild Boars really all that fat? They are just big nasty animals, weighing up to 600 pounds.
Yeah idk and maybe that’s is because of their low pufa content.
Yeah I posted on here because I thought maybe someone might know about the firmness of fat if someone’s fat consisted of saturated fat instead of PUFAs and could that be a sign your PUFAs content is lower then the average population.
I just read to avoid factory farmed chicken and porks due to the high PUFAs content due to the diet they were feed but beef was ok because they are able to saturate the PUFAs they eat somehow while humans ,pigs chickens and other animals eat pufa it is stored as pufa in the body.

tankasnowgod

Yeah I posted on here because I thought maybe someone might know about the firmness of fat if someone’s fat consisted of saturated fat instead of PUFAs and could that be a sign your PUFAs content is lower then the average population.

I tend to think firmer fat is better. Recently, I have been thinking the "softer" or "more jiggly" fat you speak of isn't even fat at all, but more likely water (either collection of fluid, or more waterlogged cells, or both).

I've been watching some vids of people with ascetis having fluid drained. It can be disturbing to watch, but some have 10 liters of fluid drained. This presentation showed a dog with a similar problem, and had a bucket of fluid drained, and was 24 pounds lighter the next week (starting about 2:55)-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vkjL_tYDKY

Hgreen56

how much protein did you eat?
wat carb sourches are you eating?

m023

That's Dr Cate Shanahan. Can't remember the source of these, but you can probably find them by Google Search with quotation marks.

Pretty much yeah, your fat is like a wild pig's fat. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210514-152144__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-152144__01.jpg
    704 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210514-152212__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-152212__01.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210514-152200__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-152200__01.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 29

rei

Firm fat is healthy, more saturated fat stores. Jiggly fat is PUFA, it is more fluid, and having more pufa also directly causes more inflammation in and around the cells, so there is more water retention.

Fat around muscles and around the body is healthy, it is a completely different thing when the fat starts to accumulate only in certain places like central obesity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals