The big problem with the Peat diet that people don't understand.

Gawdawg

So how did he drink his coffee everyday and how are people supposed to drink the "caffeine like nutrient" that he says caused a stress reaction without plenty of sugar?
I've listened to Dr. Peat talk about coffee in many interviews. I never got the impression he was using sugar "everyday" in his coffee. Mostly heavy cream. I believe his main focus for sugar was OJ and sweet ripe fruits. Table sugar is an option if nothing else is available. From my own personal experience, it is better for me to add at least heavy cream and sometimes heavy cream and sugar per cup of coffee. I have two cups in the morning.

hierundjetzt

So how did he drink his coffee everyday and how are people supposed to drink the "caffeine like nutrient" that he says caused a stress reaction without plenty of sugar?
Of course we don't know 100% for sure, but I assume as he said that drinking coffee during or right after a meal was fine without any extra carbohydrate source (because ideally the meal you just ate had some carbohydrates), he probably just drank it with cream.

Apple

I stop in the in-toxing of the copper as much as possible. Liver and chocolate are some of the worst offenders. Also I do not have copper pipes in my house or water heater, and I drink absolutely pure water. Then I bring in the Big 5 minerals, potassium, magnesium, molybdenum, selenium and zinc. And then also Niacin as Nicotinic Acid. I also do infrared sauna, ozone sauna, and some CDS. Then I hold on to my britches cause detoxing copper is quite the ride.
Did you have copper rings around cornea of the eye?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Apple

I've listened to Dr. Peat talk about coffee in many interviews. I never got the impression he was using sugar "everyday" in his coffee. Mostly heavy cream. I believe his main focus for sugar was OJ and sweet ripe fruits. Table sugar is an option if nothing else is available. From my own personal experience, it is better for me to add at least heavy cream and sometimes heavy cream and sugar per cup of coffee. I have two cups in the morning.
Well, RP talked how he was buying bags of sugar and people were staring at him. I guess he never considered that we would be arguing about it and consumed sugar freely. If somebody asked RP how much sugar or salt we can eat he would think you are just silly.

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
I stop in the in-toxing of the copper as much as possible. Liver and chocolate are some of the worst offenders. Also I do not have copper pipes in my house or water heater, and I drink absolutely pure water. Then I bring in the Big 5 minerals, potassium, magnesium, molybdenum, selenium and zinc. And then also Niacin as Nicotinic Acid. I also do infrared sauna, ozone sauna, and some CDS. Then I hold on to my britches cause detoxing copper is quite the ride.
Hi Charlie,
I just capsulated Niacin from Bulk Supplements (I read somewhere on the thread that this company is good, plus I did take 500mg last night and definitely had flushing for about 20 minutes, then on-and-off with red skin for another few hours, so I'm suspecting it's not cut with niacinamide). I know I have to work up to 1-2g/day (I'm a female, so I probably wouldn't go any higher than that, unless dose is based on tolerance and how much one has to clear the liver). Do I take it on an empty stomach, after meals, and do I just take 1 dose per day, or break it up throughout the day? I think I can tolerate 500mg per day for now, but would like to slowly go up.

Plus, should I take anything with it? I've been reading about Aspirin and some are now on the fence about it. If Aspirin is good to take with it, how much? I'm assuming that is some dosage per kg of body weight?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi Charlie,
I just capsulated Niacin from Bulk Supplements (I read somewhere on the thread that this company is good, plus I did take 500mg last night and definitely had flushing for about 20 minutes, then on-and-off with red skin for another few hours, so I'm suspecting it's not cut with niacinamide). I know I have to work up to 1-2g/day (I'm a female, so I probably wouldn't go any higher than that, unless dose is based on tolerance and how much one has to clear the liver). Do I take it on an empty stomach, after meals, and do I just take 1 dose per day, or break it up throughout the day? I think I can tolerate 500mg per day for now, but would like to slowly go up.

Plus, should I take anything with it? I've been reading about Aspirin and some are now on the fence about it. If Aspirin is good to take with it, how much? I'm assuming that is some dosage per kg of body weight?
That's a pretty big dose to start with. Usually 50-60mg is where I suggest my family members to start and I advise them to take it after a meal. Personally I do not take aspirin as I am on the fence about it right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals