Big Muscles Little Fat - Lose Fat The Ray Peat Way!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed." -Ray Peat

Sefton10

"The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed." -Ray Peat
This has been my experience since upping milk a lot and lowering meat. Not eaten starch for around a year either and don’t miss it. I’m not trying to lose weight so still keeping calories high and eating to satisfaction. Semi-skim goat milk, honey, eggs, cocoa butter, fruit, some meat/fish and occasional liver/oysters.
AF19D695-AD71-4D57-B11A-13252E06178C.jpeg

Last edited:

Sitaruîm

Very
This has been my experience since upping milk a lot and lowering meat. Not eaten starch for around a year either and don’t miss it. I’m not trying to lose weight so still keeping calories high and eating to satisfaction. Semi-skim goat milk, honey, eggs, cocoa butter, fruit, some meat/fish and occasional liver/oysters.View attachment 27142
Very nice graph

Steve

This has been my experience since upping milk a lot and lowering meat. Not eaten starch for around a year either and don’t miss it. I’m not trying to lose weight so still keeping calories high and eating to satisfaction. Semi-skim goat milk, honey, eggs, cocoa butter, fruit, some meat/fish and occasional liver/oysters.View attachment 27142
How many calories do you eat?
I cut out starch and quicly lost 2 or 3 stubborn pounds, but then it stopped. I eat a high fat diet though (45%), so maybe that's the problem. Now I eat occasional starch a couple times a week....usually corn tortillas for quesadillas. I usually stay between 2,500 & 2,800 calories.

Sefton10

How many calories do you eat?
I cut out starch and quicly lost 2 or 3 stubborn pounds, but then it stopped. I eat a high fat diet though (45%), so maybe that's the problem. Now I eat occasional starch a couple times a week....usually corn tortillas for quesadillas. I usually stay between 2,500 & 2,800 calories.
I don’t track too often but usually hovers around 3000. 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein. On more active or hungrier days I tend to just add more juice and cocoa butter.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don’t track too often but usually hovers around 3000. 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein. On more active or hungrier days I tend to just add more juice and cocoa butter.

Your diet sounds RP perfect! How many grams of protein do you think you are eating a day, on average? What kind of fruit? Are you making smoothies? What about white sugar? I love that you have documented everything so well.

Sefton10

Your diet sounds RP perfect! How many grams of protein do you think you are eating a day, on average? What kind of fruit? Are you making smoothies? What about white sugar? I love that you have documented everything so well.
Protein is always around 130-150g. Typically 4 eggs a day, maybe 200g of meat/fish and a couple of litres of semi-skim goat milk. Sometimes I make bone broth from lamb bones too. I was eating a lot of dates and melon, but fruit is pretty much all juice now, maybe 4 or 5 cups a day - OJ or clementine, grape/pomegranate, pineapple. No smoothies or white sugar but lots of honey. Meals are usually juice followed by a couple of eggs or meat with mushrooms followed by warm milk and honey. I cook my eggs in cocoa butter and have it with milk too.

Dutchie

Protein is always around 130-150g. Typically 4 eggs a day, maybe 200g of meat/fish and a couple of litres of semi-skim goat milk. Sometimes I make bone broth from lamb bones too. I was eating a lot of dates and melon, but fruit is pretty much all juice now, maybe 4 or 5 cups a day - OJ or clementine, grape/pomegranate, pineapple. No smoothies or white sugar but lots of honey. Meals are usually juice followed by a couple of eggs or meat with mushrooms followed by warm milk and honey. I cook my eggs in cocoa butter and have it with milk too.
Do you like cooking with cocoa butter?
I'd once cooked Cod. fillet in it,but I didn't like the taste (didn't even had a hint of chocolate flavor. I stick to eating some cacao butter as is).

Sefton10

Do you like cooking with cocoa butter?
I'd once cooked Cod. fillet in it,but I didn't like the taste (didn't even had a hint of chocolate flavor. I stick to eating some cacao butter as is).
Just eggs really as that’s all I cook in a pan. I tend to cook meat (goat, venison, wild boar etc.) in an Instantpot as I try to get more gelatinous cuts that need longer cooking. My diet won’t be winning any culinary awards that’s for sure, but I enjoy it. I like the taste of cocoa butter in warm milk. This is the brand I use (UK).

1630234548260.png

Dutchie

Just eggs really as that’s all I cook in a pan. I tend to cook meat (goat, venison, wild boar etc.) in an Instantpot as I try to get more gelatinous cuts that need longer cooking. My diet won’t be winning any culinary awards that’s for sure, but I enjoy it. I like the taste of cocoa butter in warm milk. This is the brand I use (UK).

View attachment 27205
You don't need to get culinary awards as long as you enjoy it.?

I can see cocoa butter in warm milk being tasty, maybe it's also different when cooking eggs, but cooking Cod fillet in it was a no-no for me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

View attachment 27205

I love new "Peaty" products! I am gonna look for this! I think your diet sounds very good, better than I have heard from anyone. Your are going the extra mile to make your meat consumption balanced cooking gelatinous cuts to get the bone broth and balancing it with milk and honey. Where are you getting your vitamin K from? Did you have health problems before getting your diet this good?

Sefton10

I love new "Peaty" products! I am gonna look for this! I think your diet sounds very good, better than I have heard from anyone. Your are going the extra mile to make your meat consumption balanced cooking gelatinous cuts to get the bone broth and balancing it with milk and honey. Where are you getting your vitamin K from? Did you have health problems before getting your diet this good?
I think the key benefit of the cocoa butter is the high stearic acid content. I supplement K2 a couple of times a week and magnesium every day. Vitamin E once a week or so.

Like many here my health issues were a result of low carb/carnivore, high PUFA, fasting and over exercising etc. I eventually tanked myself and ended up with a brutal case of shingles a couple of years ago, which led me to Ray.

Developing an understanding of the bioenergetic approach has helped me immensely and I will be forever grateful to Ray, Georgi, Hans and others on this forum, but I have an ongoing issue of Meniere’s (essentially episodes of vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss). It has an energy metabolism component but many also think it has a viral component (essentially the herpes virus that causes shingles gets into the ear).

Diet/energy and health in general feels good now so I’m currently focusing on other things that might promote viral suppression such as blackseed oil, Pau D’arco, Ginkgo Biloba and olive leaf extract for example.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think the key benefit of the cocoa butter is the high stearic acid content. I supplement K2 a couple of times a week and magnesium every day. Vitamin E once a week or so.

Like many here my health issues were a result of low carb/carnivore, high PUFA, fasting and over exercising etc. I eventually tanked myself and ended up with a brutal case of shingles a couple of years ago, which led me to Ray.

Developing an understanding of the bioenergetic approach has helped me immensely and I will be forever grateful to Ray, Georgi, Hans and others on this forum, but I have an ongoing issue of Meniere’s (essentially episodes of vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss). It has an energy metabolism component but many also think it has a viral component (essentially the herpes virus that causes shingles gets into the ear).

Diet/energy and health in general feels good now so I’m currently focusing on other things that might promote viral suppression such as blackseed oil, Pau D’arco, Ginkgo Biloba and olive leaf extract for example.

Wow that is a lot of undoing to fix. I am impressed at your foritude in staying the course with your clean and "Peaty" diet. Is stearic acid in any other foods besides the cocoa butter? Can the cocoa butter you eat be used on skin too?

Sefton10

Wow that is a lot of undoing to fix. I am impressed at your foritude in staying the course with your clean and "Peaty" diet. Is stearic acid in any other foods besides the cocoa butter? Can the cocoa butter you eat be used on skin too?
Beef tallow is a good source too.

Yes you can use cocoa butter on the skin, it’s a really rich moisturiser. It’s quite hard to melt in the hand so needs to be heated. I used to put some pellets in a jar lid and float it on some hot water in the sink while I had a shower then use it as a body moisturiser.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Beef tallow is a good source too.

Yes you can use cocoa butter on the skin, it’s a really rich moisturiser. It’s quite hard to melt in the hand so needs to be heated. I used to put some pellets in a jar lid and float it on some hot water in the sink while I had a shower then use it as a body moisturiser.

Ok! I do use my own beef tallow from making gelatinous broths from shanks and oxtails. I am anxious to try your cocoa butter skin moisturizer idea! Does it smell like anything? I tried store bought tallow for skin and it just smelled weird, shea butter even worse, and coconut oil just stays greasy on the skin.

Sefton10

Ok! I do use my own beef tallow from making gelatinous broths from shanks and oxtails. I am anxious to try your cocoa butter skin moisturizer idea! Does it smell like anything? I tried store bought tallow for skin and it just smelled weird, shea butter even worse, and coconut oil just stays greasy on the skin.
Yes it has a really mild chocolate-y scent!

OP
Rinse & rePeat

View attachment 27205

Look what I ran across!

"Recently, it was found that the cardiac necrosis caused by unsaturated fats (linolenic acid, in particular) could be prevented by a cocoa butter supplement." -Ray Peat

Sefton10

Look what I ran across!

"Recently, it was found that the cardiac necrosis caused by unsaturated fats (linolenic acid, in particular) could be prevented by a cocoa butter supplement." -Ray Peat
:emoji_chocolate_bar:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals