Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hmmmm. Okay. Still not grasping it I guess. How's this? Similar number of calories, protein, fat, carbs.

Breakfast: 1 egg, nonfat sweet latte with collagen
Snack: lowfat ricotta/greek yogurt with fruit and honey, carrot, nonfat sweet latte
Lunch: leftovers (meat/seafood, veggies, NO starch), another nonfat latte if I want
Snack/Dinner: 1 quart of skimmed raw milk with added sugar and salt, 1 cup fresh oj, sip on as needed throughout afternoon
Dessert: No cream ice cream with a bit of chocolate
Your menu sample looked fine, especially getting your meat into lunchtime. I posted that article a few days about visceral fat, did you see it? The part that struck me is that when fat loss happens it happens on the inside first, from the unhealthy fat around the organs. I think switching the meat to the daytime is going to get things going.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@coffeelover

When I first “set sail” to lose some fat, it was slow sailing. In hindsight I realize it was because my body was releasing a lot of stored toxic PUFA’s into my system, which was lot of work for my body to process and eliminate. Usually when people don’t see quick results they think nothing is happening and give up. I knew this was not true from a “Peat” perspective, because, as I said at the beginning this post, previously swapping fat for muscle, my scale never changed, but my body composition did. This last 10 pounds of fat loss, has me really burning through my calories much quicker now than before, which makes my requirement for more calories necessary, because I am not storing a lot of fat now. This is why Ray Peat says to first quit eating to lose weight. The body has way too much to sift through, so having periods throughout the day to let yourself get hungry is good, rather than be on a schedule. That hunger signal means your body got all caught up and can process again, rather that piling more on it’s burden with snacks and eating just because it should be about that time.

DBCoast

This is why Ray Peat says to first quit eating to lose weight. The body has way too much to sift through, so having periods throughout the day to let yourself get hungry is good, rather than be on a schedule. That hunger signal means your body got all caught up and can process again, rather that piling more on it’s burden with snacks and eating just because it should be about that time.
This is interesting, and I’ve often thought about how hungry one should be. It seems that evolutionarily there would be some built in benefit/adaptation to some hunger, right? Autophagy? Not prolonged fasting, but some hunger instead of the body constantly processing. I don’t know. I’m new to Peat, so I’m still learning. Would zero hunger be better from a non-stress standpoint?

I did the Zone diet a few years ago and had success, but I was always eating even when I wasn’t hungry. It didn’t feel right constantly shoveling in the required food (maybe because my carbs were always black beans and oats).

All I know is one of the best feelings for me is playing/swimming hard in the ocean and working up a good appetite, then sitting in the sun and eating something. Love it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is interesting, and I’ve often thought about how hungry one should be. It seems that evolutionarily there would be some built in benefit/adaptation to some hunger, right? Autophagy? Not prolonged fasting, but some hunger instead of the body constantly processing. I don’t know. I’m new to Peat, so I’m still learning. Would zero hunger be better from a non-stress standpoint?

I did the Zone diet a few years ago and had success, but I was always eating even when I wasn’t hungry. It didn’t feel right constantly shoveling in the required food (maybe because my carbs were always black beans and oats).

All I know is one of the best feelings for me is playing/swimming hard in the ocean and working up a good appetite, then sitting in the sun and eating something. Love it.
Oh I love that feeling too of being active in nature and working up an appetite! The same food tastes better too in this environment. I still remember the taste of a sandy hotdog cooked on an open flame after a day of swimming in the ocean, it was the best!

I have been on every diet, and the constant thinking and stressing and shoveling in food and starving was so unproductive. Listening to my hunger cues now has my body being an efficient machine. I don’t get bloated or constipated, and I don’t get cravings. The “many small meals a day, aka snacking all day was not it for me, though I can see it being helpful to a diabetic.

To your question about zero hunger being good for stress, why not just suck on a hard candy? I am not stressed not eating a meal right when I get hungry. Before balancing my proteins “Peating” I use to get horrible blood sugar drops that would make me feel queasy and give me headaches. That was from me eating toast or some sort of pastry for breakfast and no protein. Now because I balance my diet well I get a healthy eager hunger.

coffeelover

I'm wondering how long it will take for me to be able to go longer between eating without feeling bad. I get headaches or jittery or grumpy or spacey/foggy. It has gotten better I think, but still feel the need to eat every couple hours and sip on sweet coffee/milk/juice.

DBCoast

Oh I love that feeling too of being active in nature and working up an appetite! The same food tastes better too in this environment. I still remember the taste of a sandy hotdog cooked on an open flame after a day of swimming in the ocean, it was the best!

I have been on every diet, and the constant thinking and stressing and shoveling in food and starving was so unproductive. Listening to my hunger cues now has my body being an efficient machine. I don’t get bloated or constipated, and I don’t get cravings. The “many small meals a day, aka snacking all day was not it for me, though I can see it being helpful to a diabetic.

To your question about zero hunger being good for stress, why not just suck on a hard candy? I am not stressed not eating a meal right when I get hungry. Before balancing my proteins “Peating” I use to get horrible blood sugar drops that would make me feel queasy and give me headaches. That was from me eating toast or some sort of pastry for breakfast and no protein. Now because I balance my diet well I get a healthy eager hunger.
Thanks @Rinse & rePeat. Your post reminds me to be more mindful when eating and to listen to my body more. I have a tendency to eat too fast and past the point of satiety. I need to pay attention to what my body is telling me!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm wondering how long it will take for me to be able to go longer between eating without feeling bad. I get headaches or jittery or grumpy or spacey/foggy. It has gotten better I think, but still feel the need to eat every couple hours and sip on sweet coffee/milk/juice.
Maybe you should eat more solid meals, with more protein, instead of the snacking and sipping, like 20 grams of protein, spread out amongst three meals, 3 cups of milk being a meal replacement. I stopped on the coffee all day too. Now I start my day with gelatin and then have my coffee. I feel more balanced, but this isn’t my idea. Ray Peat says to have protein BEFORE having coffee, not WITH coffee in the morning.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks @Rinse & rePeat. Your post reminds me to be more mindful when eating and to listen to my body more. I have a tendency to eat too fast and past the point of satiety. I need to pay attention to what my body is telling me!
I am happy for us all to be happy and satisfied, whatever it takes. When I was in periods where food had taken over my life, to get out of that addiction, I had to practice leaving food on my plate that I wanted to finish, which is really hard to do. At the very least if I couldn’t deny myself something I would spit out bites in the sink, instead of swallowing it. It was my way of undoing that “clean your plate” mentality, I was raised with. That food I wrap up and put in the fridge is still mine, I just say to myself, “nothing tastes as good as being thin feels”. I feel so much better not feeling heavy in my steps, and I can’t even remember what I didn’t get to eat to get to this place.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When participants ate just one meal per day, they saw a greater reduction in their body weight and fat mass. However, participants also had greater reductions in lean mass and bone density when eating just one meal a day. This could lead to reduced muscle function and greater risk of bone fractures if the diet was to be followed for a longer period.”

“Animal studies looking at the effects of OMAD have shown conflicting results, with research showing mice who ate one large meal a day actually gained more weight compared to those who ate multiple meals.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE: Here is a perfect example of my body being slimmer at a higher weight. I was surprised when I got dressed yesterday that this new strapless top, I tried on earlier this Spring, when I was 141 pounds, and I could barely get buttoned, easily buttoned up yesterday, and I am 3 pounds heavier! I bought my first size 4 tight jeans this week too (the black ones). I haven’t worn a size 4 in decades. I have been eating lots of protein, sugar and dairy, with most days no grains at all, having boiled red potatoes or white sweet potatoes instead, one or two nights a week. My clothes right now fit like they did five years ago, when I weighed 132 pounds, 13 pounds less on starches. Back then people said my face looked gaunt and not healthy. I only get compliments now with more muscle and less fat on my body. “Skinny fat” looks aging at my age.
1698780466186.jpeg

1698780579508.jpeg

1698781829007.jpeg

Regina

UPDATE: Here is a perfect example of my body being slimmer at a higher weight. I was surprised when I got dressed yesterday that this new strapless top, I tried on earlier this Spring, when I was 141 pounds, and I could barely get buttoned, easily buttoned up yesterday, and I am 3 pounds heavier! I bought my first size 4 tight jeans this week too (the black ones). I haven’t worn a size 4 in decades. I have been eating lots of protein, sugar and dairy, with most days no grains at all, having boiled red potatoes or white sweet potatoes instead, one or two nights a week. My clothes right now fit like they did five years ago, when I weighed 132 pounds, 13 pounds less on starches. Back then people said my face looked gaunt and not healthy. I only get compliments now with more muscle and less fat on my body. “Skinny fat” looks aging at my age.
View attachment 57622
View attachment 57623
View attachment 57626
🙌

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Ketones are very protective as a fuel, but the problem is that they are produced as a result of metabolic stress. If the liver is extremely good, it can store enough glycogen for a day, but chronic, frequent, stress usually damages the liver's ability to store glycogen.” -Ray Peat

LizRey86

View attachment 57622
View attachment 57623
View attachment 57626
You look awesome!! Goals, yes ma’am

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“…then the effects of fasting would be considered beneficial and if it is the latter, the effects of fasting would be devastating since losing muscle mass not only makes one (relatively) fatter (ratio of muscle to fat mass), but also drastically lowers one's resting metabolic rate (RMR) since RMR depends heavily on fat-free muscle mass. So, if chronic fasting results mostly in muscle loss that would make a person not only relatively fatter as a result, but also continue to gain weight on even fewer calories than previously eaten due to their now lower RMR. Well, the study on the Biggest Loser show participants was pretty clear in its findings that this devastating outcome from fasting (and/or "endurance" exercise) is exactly what happens in humans.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Sugar and the minerals in fruits are fairly effective in keeping free fatty acids from being released from our tissues, and the fats we synthesize from them are saturated, and aren't likely to be stored as excess fat, because they don't suppress metabolism (as polyunsaturated fats and some amino acids do). The minerals of fruits and milk contribute to metabolic activation, and prevention of free-radical damage." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

LizRey86

Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]
Hallelujah!! I can’t wait for this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals