Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Good luck with the Ezekiel bread. That used to be my addiction. Two pieces of Ezekiel toast at night with some sriracha sauce. I dint lose any weight that way.

Also, I bought some of that sprouted organic oatmeal this weekend. Good stuff!
Good to hear you like it. Do you feel a difference?

joaquin

coffeelover

Hey! I have an update!! Since tweaking things for the past almost month, I have finally found something that's working!! I measured myself on a fancy scale at a health store 2 weeks ago and today and here's the update:

Lost 4.7 lb of body fat
Gained almost 1 lb of muscle
Lost about 5 lb on the scale
Have received a couple comments about looking good/different and definitely notice my stomach being flatter!

I take the scale readings with a grain of salt, but with all the drastic changes I've made I'm so so so happy to be seeing results! It motivates me to keep avoiding starches and keeping the fat low. And by the way, even though I'm a bit hungry between meals/snacks, I'm eating over 1800 cal so definitely not starving myself. 😊

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hey! I have an update!! Since tweaking things for the past almost month, I have finally found something that's working!! I measured myself on a fancy scale at a health store 2 weeks ago and today and here's the update:

Lost 4.7 lb of body fat
Gained almost 1 lb of muscle
Lost about 5 lb on the scale
Have received a couple comments about looking good/different and definitely notice my stomach being flatter!

I take the scale readings with a grain of salt, but with all the drastic changes I've made I'm so so so happy to be seeing results! It motivates me to keep avoiding starches and keeping the fat low. And by the way, even though I'm a bit hungry between meals/snacks, I'm eating over 1800 cal so definitely not starving myself. 😊
I couldn’t be happier for you! Did you ditch the after dinner dessert?

coffeelover

I couldn’t be happier for you! Did you ditch the after dinner dessert?
Not really......😬 I did skip it a few nights but then I just made it completely fat free and it's not hurting my progress. Plus I think it helps me sleep. It's just nonfat greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Last night I added cocoa powder to the batch. It's just so delicious.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not really......😬 I did skip it a few nights but then I just made it completely fat free and it's not hurting my progress. Plus I think it helps me sleep. It's just nonfat greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Last night I added cocoa powder to the batch. It's just so delicious.
Good strategy! I am proud of your determination to stick with it. Too many people don’t see the scale going down and think nothing is happening and give up too quickly. Keep up the healthy work!

coffeelover

Good strategy! I am proud of your determination to stick with it. Too many people don’t see the scale going down and think nothing is happening and give up too quickly. Keep up the healthy work!
Thanks! I'm curious, did you feel like having fruit sugars without the fibers helped with weight loss? Or was it for a digestive reason?

coffeelover

Also, about the scale going down too slowly, it's been so interesting to see my body's pattern. I weigh every day for this reason. I will drop 4 lb one day, go up 2 the next, go down 3 the next, go up 2, etc etc. I especially "gain" 2 lb after a strength training day but then it goes down even more the next day. So cool!
I also had a bit of starch/higher fat this weekend at my dad's birthday and the scale definitely reflected that. It's taking a couple of days to get back to where I was. Not really worth the cheats!! I'm definitely learning....one month in and I'm going to keep in a deficit for 2 more months before I take a maintenance break.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks! I'm curious, did you feel like having fruit sugars without the fibers helped with weight loss? Or was it for a digestive reason?
Boy that is a good question, cause I flip flop on that. I had it without because Ray Peat says the fibers can cause bloating and I don’t want to chance that during the day. I eat watermelon and mango whole at night to slow my digestion a little for sleep, but during the day I stick to fresh pressed juice. I don’t have the bottled stuff at all, though my family drinks it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Also, about the scale going down too slowly, it's been so interesting to see my body's pattern. I weigh every day for this reason. I will drop 4 lb one day, go up 2 the next, go down 3 the next, go up 2, etc etc. I especially "gain" 2 lb after a strength training day but then it goes down even more the next day. So cool!
I also had a bit of starch/higher fat this weekend at my dad's birthday and the scale definitely reflected that. It's taking a couple of days to get back to where I was. Not really worth the cheats!! I'm definitely learning....one month in and I'm going to keep in a deficit for 2 more months before I take a maintenance break.
Me too! I had starches over the weekend and the scale shot up 3 pounds! I know it is just water weight from inflammation. I don’t look bloated or anything though, like I use to with starches, but it takes me days to get back to where I was on the scale.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Scattered studies have found that polyunsaturated fats inhibit the proteolytic enzymes involved in the digestion of food, in the removal of clots, in the formation of thyroid hormone, and many other essential physiological processes.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Update:

I have been amazed at how important protein is in my diet. I had heard that Ray Peat was eating lower protein, which I realized was a recommendation for people that are less active, because I wrote him about it. Myself being less than a year away from 60, which sounds so weird, cause I feel like a 20 year old, I let my bar down in the protein department. For weeks I wasn’t even getting 50 grams of protein, which use to be my bare minimum, and boy did my legs and skin reflect that. The skin on my legs were looking snaky and I noticed they were starting to juggly when I walked. Oh my gosh I was mortified! The ramifications of this, if I didn’t turn it around was depressing, cause I live in shorts day and night, and have paid good money for the things I wear. So I upped my protein and am happy that everything plumped back up, and quickly!

Attachments

• 97C528BC-2B21-45F0-A6C9-744AFCB62F34.jpeg
    97C528BC-2B21-45F0-A6C9-744AFCB62F34.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 92
OP
Rinse & rePeat
The Quality Of Your Food Matters

“Like a car that relies on petrol to function, the body relies on calories to work efficiently and at its peak – but there’s one big difference between the two. There is limited room in a vehicle’s gas tank; conversely, you can put more calories in your body than you need on any given day, and excess energy will be stored in fat cells for later use. Doing this repeatedly will, in most cases, lead to weight gain. The quality of your calories matters too, as there are serious health considerations related to eating a poor-quality diet in the long term. A recent study published by the British Journal of Sports Medicine has found that high levels of physical activity don’t counteract the impact of a poor diet – i.e. you can’t out-train a bad diet.”

coffeelover

I found these truffles at Smart and Final today, of all places. Can't wait to try them! It looks like the website is out of stock though (what the heck is "truffle season"?). Hoping these can help satisfy my chocolate cravings and maybe I'll recreate them on my own if they're good.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I found these truffles at Smart and Final today, of all places. Can't wait to try them! It looks like the website is out of stock though (what the heck is "truffle season"?). Hoping these can help satisfy my chocolate cravings and maybe I'll recreate them on my own if they're good.
Good find! These raisin ones look really good! I am gonna look for them at my store! I can’t believe these only have one gram of fat for 3 pieces!

Attachments

• AD77568B-0931-49CB-A0B1-33180344E975.jpeg
    AD77568B-0931-49CB-A0B1-33180344E975.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don't know if I'm cluttering up your thread with my random comments 😆 I'm still learning the layout of the forum.
No way! Anything goes in my threads! Me and FocusedOnHealth are talking about eyebrows in my “WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis” thread. Besides your chocolates are exactly what to eat to lose fat.

How is your progress coming along?

coffeelover

No way! Anything goes in my threads! Me and FocusedOnHealth are talking about eyebrows in my “WARNING! Old People Take Baths In Public Jacuzzis” thread. Besides your chocolates are exactly what to eat to lose fat.

How is your progress coming along?
Thanks 😄

I got off track for a couple weeks. My dad's birthday, my birthday, 2 weddings, date night with hubby, dinner with friends....ayiyi! My weight went up a few pounds and I was getting awful heartburn from the extra fat and starch (I assume). However, I'm back on track this week and weight is back to what it was before going off track. So I'm hopeful! 195 lb. currently, down from 202! My strength in the gym also went down over the past couple weeks which is interesting! I'm keeping setailed records of what I'm lifting and how much I walk. I'm not able to wear my smaller jeans size yet but my current ones feel a little loose. It's amazing how difficult it is for my body to release unwanted fat. I'm so sensitive to sleep and stress and lack of activity. It's crazy but I am feeling like I'm finally gaining the tools to be more in control of the process.

coffeelover

Oh! I was also going to share this photo. The right side is in March, when I was still breastfeeding (thus the larger chest haha) and the left was last week. I couldn't wear the dress because it was falling off my shoulders. But I think I see a difference in ribcage/stomach/neck/collar bones. I'll have to find a more fitted outfit to see the changes better.
PhotoCollage_20221013_140637637.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals