How Do I Lose My Love Handles?

GorillaHead

I am skinny fat. I was looking at myself 3 years ago when i was in the best shape of my life. I didnt really have these love handles yet i had more muscle and i have alot more fat in my face which made me look really good.

now my face is hollowed out at 27 and i have lower back fat.

any serious recommendations?

currently i am not working out or eating at even an appropriate maintenance dose. Is that the only difference perhaps.

The sides dont have much fat. But behind my kidneys they do.

Is this due to kidney inflammation?

Attachments

• 424EE6EC-6868-41C8-9F17-A1EBD51D8A47.png
    424EE6EC-6868-41C8-9F17-A1EBD51D8A47.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Zigzag

Those are not love handles. Press the sides. If you feel bone right underneath that what you call love handles then it's just how you're built. Also you seem to have narrow pelvic bone which makes it almost impossible to have love handles.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Those are not love handles. Press the sides. If you feel bone right underneath that what you call love handles then it's just how you're built. Also you seem to have narrow pelvic bone which makes it almost impossible to have love handles.

Well there is a fat pad on right behind the kidneys. Its significantly thick. So instead of my lower back going straight down it kinda has a wide look

Attachments

• 743BACF9-32BA-4DAF-944E-3C41B3954332.jpeg
    743BACF9-32BA-4DAF-944E-3C41B3954332.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 53

Zigzag

IMO if you don't work out then it looks normal. If you had well-built obliques that effect would vanish completely. Is your ribcage wider than the widest part of the pelvic bone (Iliac crest IIRC)? Just press the bone to check.

Last edited:

teds

Forum Supporter
FYI that’s a lot lower than your kidneys. It’s over your hip bones (innominates).. hip fat is estrogen related I believe.

Peatful

You look fine.

When I was severely underweight and had that- it was blood sugar related.

Which could indirectly be unbalanced estrogen- because I was depleting my progesterone by overworking my adrenals to keep my blood sugar up/stable.

I subjectively see a lot of orthorexia on this forum; with so much talk about supplements and not enough talk about blood sugar and robust nutrition. Don’t know if that applies to you.

Peatful

Interesting-
just literally glanced at your thread content for 10 seconds

I paraphrase:

1- concerned about abdominal fat
2- losing hair
3- high estrogen concerns
4- supplement talk
5- (I’m sure there’s more)

eat more
Don’t fear fat or food
drop supplements for a time

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Perhaps you guys are right. I dont eat enough. Cause my appetitie is just never enough. I have tried many things.

also every single time i play video games my feet get sooo cold. And i have tried to many things to fix this. I know its due to my nervous system but i dont remember ever suffering from this when i was younger. And i also seem to have developed body odor that smells skunky like weed. Its awful.

current supplements i take. Astaxanthin. B6. ZMA. K2. And vitamin E.

i also def get random breast tenderness. Idk what could be causing all these problems.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I mentioned it too, not sure in what post though. I think we both run on stress hormones. I have issue with midsection fat as well.

Its awful. Still cant fix this issue. Its probably estrogen related. Even tho estrogen is within range on my tests.

Peatful

Perhaps you guys are right. I dont eat enough. Cause my appetitie is just never enough. I have tried many things.

also every single time i play video games my feet get sooo cold. And i have tried to many things to fix this. I know its due to my nervous system but i dont remember ever suffering from this when i was younger. And i also seem to have developed body odor that smells skunky like weed. Its awful.

i also def get random breast tenderness. Idk what could be causing all these problems.
Good insight.
What do you think your body needs?

I am skinny fat. I was looking at myself 3 years ago when i was in the best shape of my life. I didnt really have these love handles yet i had more muscle and i have alot more fat in my face which made me look really good.

now my face is hollowed out at 27 and i have lower back fat.

any serious recommendations?

currently i am not working out or eating at even an appropriate maintenance dose. Is that the only difference perhaps.

The sides dont have much fat. But behind my kidneys they do.

Is this due to kidney inflammation?

I have very similar deposits of fat, and if I'm correct they probably look even fattier when you put your arms down?

Interestingly, I also used to get very cold hands when I played more aggressive, compeitive, adrenaline inducing video games haha.

I have a history of very high cortisol and prolactin, though I've managed to bring these way down since finding Peat, even if they are still high by some standards on here. I thought this would have helped my fatty hips, but nothing much has changed.

To echo someone else on here, although I don't think it's the entire reason, whatever bones are under there are quite wide, meaning I don't think it'd be super narrow if there was no fat there. But there's definitely a fatty padding, as there is on my lower belly.

meatbag

Definitely important to get enough protein for estrogen, even more so than supplements. Did you get your vitamin d level checked?

Astaxanthin is a carotenoid, you might wanna look up some of the stuff Peat has mentioned about it.

Also I know there's been posts about the dangers of taking too much of b6 as a supplement

A lot of vitamin e supplements provide a lot of PUFA (not sure what brand you're using)

I'm not sure the forms of zinc and magnesium in the ZMA supplement are that good. If you drink milk and coffee and eat meat you should be getting a good amount. Best source of zinc is oysters but I think there are some posts about the best supplemental forms.

Zigzag

I have very similar deposits of fat, and if I'm correct they probably look even fattier when you put your arms down?

Interestingly, I also used to get very cold hands when I played more aggressive, compeitive, adrenaline inducing video games haha.

I have a history of very high cortisol and prolactin, though I've managed to bring these way down since finding Peat, even if they are still high by some standards on here. I thought this would have helped my fatty hips, but nothing much has changed.

To echo someone else on here, although I don't think it's the entire reason, whatever bones are under there are quite wide, meaning I don't think it'd be super narrow if there was no fat there. But there's definitely a fatty padding, as there is on my lower belly.
I feel like we have to stop playing games lol.

I feel like we have to stop playing games lol.

Haha, I think there's a lot to be said for avoiding activities that cause that sort of reaction if you're not in the best health. I think psychological stressors, while acknowledged and appreciated, are underestimated.

There might be nothing too this, but I've noticed my friends who seem to be in naturally good shape - thick hair, muscle mass, favourable fat distribution, low stress personality etc. - seem to respond to this sort of stress with a kind of excited, competitive, fun aggression. They rise to the challenge. Whereas I - trouble putting on muscle, rubbish fat distribution, hair loss etc. - seem to get a sort of distressed, shaky aggression if that makes sense lol? Whether there are fundamental differences in psychology that lead to different chemical responses, or vice versa, I wish I knew.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Haha, I think there's a lot to be said for avoiding activities that cause that sort of reaction if you're not in the best health. I think psychological stressors, while acknowledged and appreciated, are underestimated.

There might be nothing too this, but I've noticed my friends who seem to be in naturally good shape - thick hair, muscle mass, favourable fat distribution, low stress personality etc. - seem to respond to this sort of stress with a kind of excited, competitive, fun aggression. They rise to the challenge. Whereas I - trouble putting on muscle, rubbish fat distribution, hair loss etc. - seem to get a sort of distressed, shaky aggression if that makes sense lol? Whether there are fundamental differences in psychology that lead to different chemical responses, or vice versa, I wish I knew.

Maybe i need to exercise. Perhaps since i have been sedentary for a while my body reacts poorly to low intensity activities like video games. If i start exercising again and then play video games maybe my body wont find the situation as stressful anymore.

But then again i remember when i did exercise my hands would sweat when playing video hames. That doesn't happens as much anymore. Its really frustrating that modern medicine cant even help me solve these basic issues.

Maybe i need to exercise. Perhaps since i have been sedentary for a while my body reacts poorly to low intensity activities like video games. If i start exercising again and then play video games maybe my body wont find the situation as stressful anymore.

But then again i remember when i did exercise my hands would sweat when playing video hames. That doesn't happens as much anymore. Its really frustrating that modern medicine cant even help me solve these basic issues.

I work out quite consistently, and I still get a bit "shaky" and cold when I play competitive video games, although not so much.

If you don't mind me asking, GorillaHead, how was your social life growing up? Did you have many strong relationships? Many friends? Or were you an outsider? Do you have good memories of that time or regrets? Were you neurotic? Did you have lots of pressure on you as a kid? I'm really trying not to derail the thread, but I'm interested in looking at the effects of early life psychological stress on adult health.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I don’t think you are derailing the thread. All this is related.

Middle school I was happy kid but I didn’t really have a lot of fans per se. def bullies in middle school a bit. More so in high school. I played a lot of video games. I suffer from forward head posture as well. I didn’t do much sports. Currently I weight 142 pounds at 5!10. At 19 I was 130 pounds. Appetite always small. In 2017 I stated using a ghrelin mimic and started putting on weight I looked amazing and weight was good and I had so much energy. Excellent confidence too. I stopped because of gynecomastia side effects.

sigh so many problems lol. Nothing great comes easy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals