FINALLY LOSING WEIGHT FAST! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

My bench press has nearly caught my squat a few times and I’ve often wondered what the point is but when I’m effortlessly bouncing up the nearby “mountain” or a flight of steps, I know it’s because I squat (and I squat because I know it’s good for me). It’s just like when you pick up a heavy box from the ground - you know that you can and you know how to (because you Deadlift). My squat has started increasing again and I’m not scared of my knees buckling anymore so it’s not so arduous (I’m even looking forward to it next week).

I think squats and deadlifts do little for aesthetics but they allow you to participate in life better. I feel that benching, curls and OHP are great for aesthetics and they’re fun to do but provide limited functionality in day to day life. I do them all for balance including pull ups because they look cool :cool:
fantastic mannn increase your fat...trust me on this I watched a vid and Pete was talking about sat fat increasing and fat loss decreasing I was blown away....I would increse to over 100 grams a day and u will lose!! fattttt

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Good morning from NYC...great Grammys last nite..so update I increased my calories to almost 3400 calories yesterday sunday and I dropped to 202! over a pound and a half from saturday! Fat was 63 % mostly saturated...THIS IS THE KEY TO FAT LOSS carbs were 220 grams..Im JUST BLOWN AWAY...Goal is a lean 195 by march april!
Chris Rocco

tara

you gotta wait a few months
+1
A few days or a couple of weeks may feel exciting, but it's pretty limited information to go on. I hope it goes well longer term - it will count for more if it does.

nice but why is everyone here talking about this gelatine deal??
Gelatin, stress, longevity

ahhh gotya I take zero supplements
Eating gelatine (cooked collagen, the gelatinous parts of the animals, the connective tissue - joints, skin etc) helps balance the more refined refined food (eg muscle meat) that is common in some cultures. Provides more balanced amino acids.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

+1
A few days or a couple of weeks may feel exciting, but it's pretty limited information to go on. I hope it goes well longer term - it will count for more if it does.

Eating gelatine (cooked collagen, the gelatinous parts of the animals, the connective tissue - joints, skin etc) helps balance the more refined refined food (eg muscle meat) that is common in some cultures. Provides more balanced amino acids.
its been months..I just know what Im doing now Tara! fine tuned Increasing my cals and losing alot...its awesome..

OP
kreeese

kreeese

+1

thanks for the link to the article...just watched some Peat interviews on the Tube..I like him:) kool dude....is his email [email protected]?
thanks...Chris rocco

tara

its been months..I just know what Im doing now Tara! fine tuned Increasing my cals and losing alot...its awesome..
Am I right that you've been trying things for months, but you've just got enthusiastic about changes you have made and effects that you have experienced very recently, since the holidays - is that this month?

tara

thanks for the link to the article...just watched some Peat interviews on the Tube..I like him:) kool dude....is his email [email protected]?
thanks...Chris rocco
Yes he's cool. Lots more articles on his articles page if you want more. I don't know his email address.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Am I right that you've been trying things for months, but you've just got enthusiastic about changes you have made and effects that you have experienced very recently, since the holidays - is that this month?
yeah Tara after a year or so of awareness and making lots of mistakes...last 4 weeks have been amazing! eating ice cream right now as I type to you!! hahaaa

Do you know which article this was?
Various articles. What matter is the oxidative phosphorylation metabolic rate and things that increase it (sodium, saturated fats, proteins, sucrose, CO2, and light), not calories (actually you need to consume calories (specifically from saturated fats and sucrose) to support the metabolic rate, besides getting all crucial minerals and vitamins).

"During this same period, a few experimenters were finding that animals which were fed a diet lacking the “essential” fatty acids had some remarkable properties: They consumed oxygen and calories at a very high rate, their mitochondria were unusually tough and stable, their tissues could be transplanted into other animals without provoking immunological rejection, and they were very hard to kill by trauma and a wide variety of toxins that easily provoke lethal shock in animals on the usual diet. As the Germans had seen in 1927, they had a low susceptibility to cancer, and new studies were showing that they weren't susceptible to various fibrotic conditions, including alcoholic liver cirrhosis." -- Ray Peat [1][2]

"Pearl did an experiment, sprouting cantaloupe seeds in a dish with water. The sprouts that grew rapidly died sooner than those that grew more slowly. They died as soon as the nutrients stored in the endosperm had been consumed. Naturally, when nutrients are depleted, growth and metabolism must stop. If food and air and water are rationed, then slow metabolizers are going to live longer. But when nutritional needs are met, the organisms with the highest metabolic rate generally are healthier and live longer." [3]

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Monday morning update! Hey everyone following my massive fat loss eating my Peat Shugarrfatt way I wanted to quickly mention what I feel to be remarkable Health and wellness benefits I am currently experiencing...btw I loosen up on my diet on the weekends especially on Sundays--adding in pasta french fries alcohol pufas etc.basically anything I crave which honestly isnt much because my "new " way of eating has been so ridiculously satisfying! lol so anyway up 2 pounds this morning which is shaved off and more by tomorrow tuesday. But back to how IM FEELING....I feel so balanced and energetic no highs and lows just a wonderful even feeling with an abundance of energy at my disposal..Sleep...some of the best sleep I have had since childhood...last 2 years sleep had been terrible now I sleep incredibly easily 7 to 8 hours I attribute this to the very high fat dinners...just an amazing plus! Aches and pains have nearly vanished. Heres a strange one..my teeth have gotten whitter clearer...now this is actually astounding because I always get very stained teeth due to my chocolate and coffee drinking throughout the year...But now the stains have disappeared!! I feel it may be to the increased coc. oil and again the complete elimination of all wheat starches and grains...I eat and drink a ridiculous amt. of chocolate chocolate milk coffee and fruit. I have no brushing whitening or any teeth cleaning protocols whatsoever... Libido increasing! feeling very sexual Im honest so I apologize for the candidness here! loll And the strangest thing the last 6 weeks as I have perfected this way of eating is an amazing clearing up of any mucus! I mean....my nose and throat are soo clear no stuffy nose no clearing of throat. This has been a huge problem for me last 20 years or so...now I am clear....Just amazing since my dairy is very high...again I feel its the elimination of all starches wheat grains etc. I am quite perplexed!!
Again Im 49 I take zero drugs supplements nothing. Just eating alot of sugar and fat. Ohhh and I wanna thank all of you for helping me add in foods like carrots oysters liver and shellfish ...Thats been fun to add in every week!!

D

danishispsychic

KEYS TO THE MAGIC... at least for moi....COMPLETELY HAVE CUT OUT ALL STARCHES ...and I freakin love starches...soooo no pasta rice potatoes bread etc. no or just a little bit of pufa...you all know this...and even kooler greatly limit my water intake...this actually speeds metabolism...you are never thirsty and life aint the pisser it used to be...hahahahaa ...so went from 10 glasses water a day to maybe 2 maybe....

Just something else you might want to add.... I drink Red Bull ( the yellow one ) . You might love it. SUPER peaty.

ampersand

SuppVersity - Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Well kreeese, this study may help to support what you are doing, even though you appears to be eating higher protein than the mice on this diet study.
Does it? It seems like that study found weight loss with a diet low in BCAAs. Kreeese seems to be eating a diet high in BCAAs, right?

Foods highest in Leucine and Valine and Isoleucine

Red meat, eggs and dairy are all rich sources of branched-chain amino acids. I'm having a hard time finding a list of foods that are low in BCAAs...

Last edited:

MissRed

Would love to hear an update from the OP @kreeese .... this might be a better transition for me from LC diet into Peat'ing :D The idea of eating potatoes and such is kind of freaking me out.