Big Muscles Little Fat - Lose Fat The Ray Peat Way!

Sefton10

Wait is cacao butter different from cocoa butter?
Not when it comes to the butter, I think it's pretty much the same thing. There's differences between the two when it comes down to the powder etc., as I think cocoa is more heavily refined/processed than cacao.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not when it comes to the butter, I think it's pretty much the same thing. There's differences between the two when it comes down to the powder etc., as I think cocoa is more heavily refined/processed than cacao.

Gotcha!

Ismail

We need to stay in The Land Of Milk & Honey!
?+?
Not to sound silly, but quite often when I see Ray’s quotes in relation to “sugar”, does he mean natural sugars found in fruits or does he mean table sugar? Or does he mean both? ??

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not to sound silly, but quite often when I see Ray’s quotes in relation to “sugar”, does he mean natural sugars found in fruits or does he mean table sugar? Or does he mean both? ??

RP says sugars from "perfectly ripe" fruit is best, but admits it is is near impossible to find unless you grow your own. He says raw honey would be next best. Table sugar is fine to use if the first two are unavailable, with it's only issue is that it is devoid of nutrition.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

I use all three pretty liberally.

Ismail

RP says sugars from "perfectly ripe" fruit is best, but admits it is is near impossible to find unless you grow your own. He says raw honey would be next best. Table sugar is fine to use if the first two are unavailable, with it's only issue is that it is devoid of nutrition.

? thank you, first time someone has clarified this so simply and clearly ?

I remember reading somewhere (can’t remember where lol), that having raw honey on an empty stomach helps to cleanse the liver; I had about 5-6 tbsp once before sleeping and when I woke up my skin felt amazing, n=1 ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
? thank you, first time someone has clarified this so simply and clearly ?

I remember reading somewhere (can’t remember where lol), that having raw honey on an empty stomach helps to cleanse the liver; I had about 5-6 tbsp once before sleeping and when I woke up my skin felt amazing, n=1 ?

Raw honey is amazing! I feel healthier eating quite a bit of it everyday. I pair a spoonful with a half cup of nonfat milk passing through the kitchen, several times throughout the day. Ray says it is good to have a little honey or sweet fruit before eating a meal to get digestion going. We got dessert all backwards having it after a meal! Ray talks about plain white sugar not being the cause of weight gain, but rather it is pairing it with fats or other starches being the problem. Pairing sugar with lowfat proteins are key to slimming down and staying there. A LITTLE fat at night is good to feed muscles happy.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat. It's important to watch the signs of changing heat production as the diet changes.
Yes, I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system." -Ray Peat

Ismail

Raw honey is amazing! I feel healthier eating quite a bit of it everyday. I pair a spoonful with a half cup of nonfat milk passing through the kitchen, several times throughout the day. Ray says it is good to have a little honey or sweet fruit before eating a meal to get digestion going. We got dessert all backwards having it after a meal! Ray talks about plain white sugar not being the cause of weight gain, but rather it is pairing it with fats or other starches being the problem. Pairing sugar with lowfat proteins are key to slimming down and staying there. A LITTLE fat at night is good to feed muscles happy.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat. It's important to watch the signs of changing heat production as the diet changes.
Yes, I know people who have lost weight just by eating a raw carrot every day, reducing endotoxin stress. The liver treats PUFA as it treats toxins, but when their concentration is too high, they poison the detoxifying system. Oleic acid, which we can make ourselves from carbohydrates, greatly activates the detox enzyme system." -Ray Peat

1630704023211.gif

Ismail

I know my liver isn’t in the best of shape, however I’ve noticed what you said above; pairing sugar with starches and/or fat always gives me spots on my head ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know my liver isn’t in the best of shape, however I’ve noticed what you said above; pairing sugar with starches and/or fat always gives me spots on my head ?

Aha! Another piece to your puzzle!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The more lean muscle you have, the more calories your body burns. In other words, muscle mass increases metabolism. That's why a man who weighs the same as a woman can eat so much more, and will lose weight more easily. He has relatively more muscle, so he burns more calories — even at rest!

For seniors, strength training can make big quality-of-life improvements. Studies of 80-year-olds show muscular strength can mean the difference between independence and a nursing home: it improves balance and walking ability, while reducing the risk of falls.

But, for a variety of reasons, it's not easy to build muscle. First, muscle mass declines as you age, starting in your 30s. An average person will lose 5 to 7 pounds of muscle between ages 35 and 50 due to disuse. For every pound of muscle lost, you lose the capacity to burn 35 to 50 calories per day. That means, if you've lost 7 pounds of muscle by the age of 50, at 50 calories per muscle, that's 350 calories you need to avoid every day just to prevent weight gain, let alone lose weight.

Second, weight loss causes muscle loss. When you lose weight, about half of what you lose is muscle — though you can minimize muscle loss by eating right (so read on!). This makes it even harder to keep the weight off, because you're reducing your muscle, and therefore your metabolism, as you lose pounds."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Reading this tonight, on Quora, and not knowing where to put it I settled on here.

"This is purely anecdotal, but I've noticed drastic physical changes in the appearance of vegan friends and family. Mostly the loss of muscle and a paler, more fragile look. My brother has been a vegetarian for a few years now and he looks a lot smaller and older now than he did just a couple years ago. It looks like he's aged a decade. I've noticed this with many other vegan friends as well."

I

i_nomad

Reading this tonight, on Quora, and not knowing where to put it I settled on here.

"This is purely anecdotal, but I've noticed drastic physical changes in the appearance of vegan friends and family. Mostly the loss of muscle and a paler, more fragile look. My brother has been a vegetarian for a few years now and he looks a lot smaller and older now than he did just a couple years ago. It looks like he's aged a decade. I've noticed this with many other vegan friends as well."
Absolutely. I don’t know a single person who isn’t…

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Absolutely. I don’t know a single person who isn’t…

I am sitting here watching an episode of a survival show called "Naked & Afraid" and a Vegan girl that was on it 3 years ago looks unrecognizable! She is not cute anymore at all. Her body looks soft and her face so different. It prompted me to look into this matter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals