haidut

The study was done with cancer but it probably applies to other conditions involving tissue wasting. Inability to burn sugar is what caused fat and muscle tissue to waste. This also matches Ray's views on why restricting glucose in cancer patients is pointless - i.e. the body will accelerate the rate at which it breaks down tissue in order to feed the tumor.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/why ... waste-away

"...Fat and other tissues all over the body wither in people with cancer, but the reason for the wasting, also called cachexia, was not understood. Cancer cells secrete a protein called IMPL2, researchers from Harvard Medical School and the University of California, Berkeley independently report in the April 6 Developmental Cell. Both teams came to the conclusion that the protein is responsible for wasting after giving fruit flies cancer. IMPL2 prevents healthy cells from responding to insulin, a hormone that stimulates cells to import sugar and burn it for energy. When levels of IMPL2 rise, fat, muscle and other tissues can no longer consume sugar and begin to waste away. Lowering IMPL2 levels reduces the amount of wasting, both groups found."

Ella

Thanks for the article haidut. Pretty images. I have been thinking some time now on how do we differentiate between healthy/beneficial weight loss and cachexia. I thought I would be happy to finally loose weight after piling it on. This was before I read Peat's work. After introducing more carbohydrates/fruit/sugar/coke, I have slowly lost the weight. I still have more to lose but have been reluctant (maybe lazy) to exercise for fear of raising my cortisol levels but think maybe I should, to prevent the saggy skin which looks worse. I don't feel comfortable in feeling soft and pudgy. I have not experienced this before as my body has always felt solid whether I was skinny or fat but now it kind of frightens me thinking that the weight loss could be from something else and that perhaps it's not healthy. I have heard many stories of people even very young people being left with excess skin after weight loss. Anyone have experience or insight into this?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haidut Endotoxin Causes Cachexia In Cancer; How Statin Drugs Really Work Scientific Studies 8
haidut Nsaid (aspirin) May Prevent Cancer Cachexia (wasting) Cancer 2
SOMO H. Pylori caused by FASTING Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
T I got advice from herbalist James Sloane for physical anxiety caused by benzos what do you guys think? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Mauritio Autism caused by low allopregnenolone , chinese herb can treat Autism 53
D High salt intake caused metabolic acidosis Metabolism 83
P How Do I Know If My Issues Are Caused By Enviroment Or Food? Dream About Eating Mold Mental Issues 5
Powerblade Pancreatitis — Possibly Caused By Viral Infection? Ask For Help or Advice 3
GorillaHead Dandruff Is Not Caused By Fungi. But Bacteria! Skin Biome ! Scientific Studies 26
Hgreen56 If Joint Pain Is Caused By Low Estrogen, How To Solve This Problem Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 6
haidut UN - New Polio Outbreak In Africa Caused By An Oral Polio Vaccine Articles & Scientific Studies 7
haidut Asthma Can Be Caused By Endotoxin (LPS). From Air Filters Scientific Studies 12
haidut Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Caused By Histamine And Serotonin Scientific Studies 3
B Covid-19: What Caused Positive Tests To Increase So Much Recently? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 74
F Bacterial Pneumonia Caused Most Deaths In 1918 Flu Pandemic Scientific Studies 1
snacks "UN Says New Polio Outbreak In Sudan Caused By Polio Vaccine" Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
A How To Solve Hormonal Acne Caused By Weightlifting ? Skin 14
CalebxDane My Doctor This Stomach Ulcers Are Caused By Too Much Stomach Acid Ask For Help or Advice 7
methylenewhite Egg White Lysozyme Binds LPS. COMPLETELY Abrogates TNF And Mortality Caused By LPS Dairy, Eggs 30
haidut Epilepsy, As A Result Of Brain Injury (TBI), Is Caused By Endotoxin Receptor (TLR4) Scientific Studies 3
L Lidocaine Might Reverse The Epigenetic Changes Caused By Quitting Smoking And Finasteride Pharmaceutical Drugs 23
Mauritio Mainstream Article: "Slowing Down -- Is Aging Caused By Decreased Cellular Metabolism?" Scientific Studies 1
haidut Aging Likely Caused By Decreased Respiration / Metabolism, Not Genetic Mutations Scientific Studies 2
_lppaiva Hyperkalemia? Chronic Chest Pains Likely Caused By Too Much Potassium Diet 38
haidut Chronic Nerve Pain May Be Caused By Endotoxin, Commercial Food, And Pharma Drugs Scientific Studies 5
Mito Fibromyalgia Is Caused By Autoantibodies That Act By Sensitizing Nociceptive Sensory Neurons Articles & Scientific Studies 0
haidut Vast Majority (90%) Of Depression Cases Are Caused By Stress Scientific Studies 2
T Cancer Is Caused By Nanobacteria Or Nanoviruses - Article By Scientist Cancer 11
Mauritio Anxiety / Mental Illness Caused By Mitochondria Health 2
DaveFoster Skim Milk Caused A Surge Of Estrogen Milk 68
haidut Osteoporosis Is Caused By Mitochondrial Dysfunction Driven By Nitric Oxide (NO) Scientific Studies 10
raysputin Is Alzheimer’s Caused By Bacteria? Mental Issues 0
G Tea Of Ginger Root Caused Massive Anxiety Episode Testimonials 10
B Pregnenolone Caused Changes To The Appearance Of Veins? Pregnenolone 5
T Is Schizophrenia Caused By Parasites? Interesting Article Mind, Sleep, Stress 7
E Overproduction Of Adrenalin Caused By Stress/worry/anxiety. Now How To Fix? Metabolism 83
A "Leukemia Tracks With Affluence". But It's "caused By Genetic Mutation" Health 0
J Gelatin Caused Nightmares And Poor Sleep? Gelatin 1
O "The Great Prostate Hoax: How Big Medicine Hijacked The PSA Test And Caused A Public Health Disaster Society 1
M Baldness Is Caused By Poor Posture Hair & Nails 154
J Birth Control Caused Me To Go Crazy. I Feel I'm Going To Die Of Heart Attack Mental Issues 20
haidut People Can Die As A Result Of Giving Up (a State Caused By Low Dopamine) Scientific Studies 90
haidut Liver Disease Is Caused By Low ATP Driven By Fat (PUFA) Oxidation Scientific Studies 22
K Would A Headache Caused By L-lysine Be Corrected If I Added L-arginine? Amino Acids 1
Hans Coconut Oil Protects Against The Inflammation Caused By Endotoxins Coconut Oil 1
haidut Pulmonary Fibrosis May Be Caused By Endotoxin (LPS) Scientific Studies 9
T What Does One Do To Rebuild Bone Marrow And Repair Other Damage Caused By Methotrexate? Ask For Help or Advice 1
burtlancast Parkinson Caused By Nuclear Radioactivity? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
biggirlkisss Ear Hair Caused By High Prolactin Levels? Ask For Help or Advice 6
haidut Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Caused By The Same Bacteria That Causes Crohn's Scientific Studies 15